Options

August appointments

It's already another month, woohoo!

Who has an appointment in August?
Feel free to update on how it goes.

Re: August appointments

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My next appt isn't until 8/29 and my AS isn't until 9/12! That seems like eons from now.
  • Options
    @leighbrek the US techs are actually not supposed to say anything. Maybe you'll get someone with a terrible poker face. 

I have a cervical check via ultrasound with high risk on 8/2, OB appointment on 8/8 and anatomy scan with high risk on 8/23. I also need to go get another blood test because apparently they didn't test my vitamin d levels the first time. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsHudson2014 Haha, I know! That's why I have my fingers crossed for a rule bender, though if it's anything like the first one, it'll just be a cranky lady. :smile:
    Good luck with your appointments!
  • Options
    I had no idea that you don't learn anything at the AS itself.  The 8 day wait between the AS and my next OB appointment is going to feel like forever.  Good to know though, so DH can plan to attend both. 

• Options
    @gorgeousariel You had a good one! lol The techs aren't normally supposed to say anything about anything - all information is supposed to get relayed to the doctor or whomever, who then tells the parents. Like a very drawn out game of telephone.

• Options
    @ashva I think it depends on how your scan is done. My OB practice (and most practices I know of in my area) refers all anatomy scans out to the high risk doctor (MFM). A tech does the ultrasound and sends images back for the doctors to review as the scan is happening. Once it’s done and the doctor has reviewed everything they’ll come in and share the results with you. The tech doesn’t share anything during the scan. But they would tell me what they were looking at (this is the kidney, these are her toes, etc).
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    Following the ultrasound our doctor will review and then message us via my online health chart. She told us last time she would call if there was anything urgent or worrisome that needed to be discussed so we didn’t have to wait until the next appointment. I had lots of ultrasounds with DD1 and the techs tell you nothing.
  • Options
    I'm supposed to have a regular check up next Monday 8/6 but I think I have a UTI so I'm calling today so if I can get bumped up. I have a cervical check/ultrasound on the 15th to check the length and closure of my cervix b/c of LEEPs. A/S isn't until Sept. Being the end of the month sucks. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @AshVA Although techs aren't supposed to say anything at the A/S regarding the baby's health, ours for DD said oh here is the heart and here is the brain, and let me get these measurements, look it's a girl! Then the docotr came in right afterwards and went over everything with us so there was not a wait for us
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    We have our next appointment and A/S on August 16
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
     Thanks for the additional info! We're going to a radiology clinic for the scan itself, so I know we won't get any doctor feedback right away, but hopefully the OB will update my online chart within a day or two. 

• Options
    We have a regular OB apt on 8/2, and our A/S on 8/23.  I'm anxious for that second appointment!  I'm hoping time moves quickly.
  • Options
    I'm finding this interesting, how all the different scans go. My doctor always did the A/S himself so I got all the info then and there. He sent me to a high risk perinatal Dr this time since I'm 36. The doctor there did the scan and gave me all the info right away too. I'm sorry some if you have to wait! That would be nerve-wracking!

I do remember getting my ultrasound on my thyroid done, and it was done by a tech so she couldn't say anything. But she was in training so another tech came in and took more scans and she kept saying my through was 'cool' and 'interesting' so I knew something was up. I thought her word choices were strange. Turned out to be cancer so maybe she was trying to tell me ??
  • Options
    @cakimes I'm so glad you started therapy! I think being on top of those feelings is really brave and should be a big help in the long run.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @cakimes I'm glad everyone is on top of your mental health. Far too often it gets swept under the rug. Big hugs. <3 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • Options
    @ladystout08 I do this every time! I always forget to ask something if I don’t write it down.
  • Options
    greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited August 2018
    I have an anatomy scan on Monday and it's my birthday. Excited for DH to see her in detail since he didn't see the last detailed one. It's at a center and they tell you all about it as they go along so no waiting.

merostomata i hope you find it helpful! I saw the same after IUI before I decided to do IVF because it messed with my hormones and triggered my clinical depression so badly. It turned out IVF wasn't nearly as bad for me as IUI and pregnancy hasn't bothered my depression at all so far. But def have concerns about post-partum. It's so great you're getting care and remember, anyone who is aware of these issues will have an advantage when it comes to dealing with them. <3 Sadly, the people who are most at risk are those who have no experience handling mental illness, don't expect it, and get thrown for a total loop :(
  • Options
    I have a routine check-up tomorrow-- as long as I remember to go.  :D:grimace: I'm going to see one of the midwives instead of my OB because why not? I figure as long as things are going good (especially with my BP), I might as well rotate through them since they're the ones who actually deliver at my hospital anyway. Then if my BP goes haywire again, I'll probably just ask to be seeing my OB whenever I can.

I also have to meet with someone from their social work department after my appointment. I guess it is standard since I had PPD with DD. I'm pretty sure she'll go over what services they have for me and when I can start using them, etc. For instance, I know that I can start going to the weekly PPD group therapy sessions starting in the third tri sometime. Which I'll probably do in the hopes of not suffering completely obliviously for so long until I'm about to hit the bottom of the pit really hard again this time...

Anatomy scan will be August 28! I'm excited, though reading through the comments above has me curious how it will go. Last time I had a pretty chatty tech and then I a doc came in right away after and looked over everything and gave me preliminary results. BUT that was with me going to the high risk doc because there were Zika concerns and we needed better/more head ultrasounds. This time I'm just going to radiology at my normal hospital, so I wonder if it will be hopefully a chatty tech but then nothing official for a few days.  Hmmmm...
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    I’m just going to throw this out there for FTMs getting the anatomy scan: your belly may be sore the next day. Mine was, and I seriously thought something was wrong. It’s just from the pressure of having the ultrasound wand moving on your belly for so long. 
    Oh yes! This is very true! (And I had forgotten, so thanks for the reminder!)
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019