Pregnant after IF

1st trimester Check in -Week of 7/30

This is a place for those who got their BFP after IF and are in their first trimester to introduce themselves to other PAIFs and get some support!

How far along are you? / EDD

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Thoughts/Concerns?

Questions:
History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
Back for # 2!

Re: 1st trimester Check in -Week of 7/30

• How far along are you? / EDD 11 weeks 5 days, EDD 2/13

How are you feeling? Pretty good! The nausea is pretty much gone and I’ve been feeling a bit less fatigued. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? We had our first midwife appointment on Friday and got to listen to the heartbeat, which was exciting! I won’t have another u/s until 20 weeks though. We got blood drawn for NIPT, and should get the results early next week. I’m feeling anxious about that, but excited to find out gender already. 

Thoughts/Concerns? Nothing right now!

Questions: Anyone else having NIPT done?

@kristimh80 Glad you’re feeling pretty good! I’ve been told not to start any new strenuous activities, but that anything I normally do is fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited July 2018
    How far along are you? / EDD 13 weeks 1 day EDD 2/4/19

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty decent.  I was feeling great last week actually, my lower abdominal comfort had even gone away (it would still come and go but I actually felt normal a lot of time time) and then we had people over for H’s bday and I had a tiny bit of brown spotting and the discomfort is back.  I’m hoping it’ll go away in the next few days. 

My last appointments were last Wednesday.  I have my next monthly 8/21 and my next ultrasound is my anatomy scan on 9/10.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I’m just bummed to have any amount of spotting and to have my discomfort back when it was gone for a few days.  It makes me worried when it’s here, especially not have any doctors appointments for reassurance that things look good (despite the fact that any other time this happened everything has looked good).  Thankfully I have my Doppler so I at least know he’s still there with a HB.  I do feel a little crazy but yesterday I could swear I felt baby move but I was only 13 weeks.  I know you can feel things earlier with second baby but that feels insane.  It felt like I was being tickled from the inside for like 2 seconds and that was it.  Right where baby is, too (just at/above pubic bone pretty much dead center).

Questions:
    None other than advice if anyone has had similar issues/things happen :smile:

I’m glad you’re both feeling good @kristimh80 and @darkstar42!  

@kristimh80 I’m on pelvic test but that’s because of the SCH’s I had.  My doctor never took me off it despite not seeing them last week and since I don’t go back for a few weeks I assume I’m cleared but I still have myself on it and after my spotting Sunday I’m definitely still taking it easy.  Since you feel good I’d think you’re fine!  Did your doctor say to take it easy or is it just DH?

Which NIPT did you have done @darkstar42?  I had Counsyl and results came back exactly a week from blood being drawn - good luck!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @mayflower513 Awe hate you're still having spotting, but it sounds like it's a lot less than before thankfully! My doctor hasn't said much, just remb the week after transfer I was supposed to take it easy, but I think my DH took it as I need to stay on that route. He's probably been googling it all :D He reminded me that we have 40k in my tummy so doesn't wanna screw things up by me being too active. Same time, it was our last embryo, so I'm on high alert to just be patient right now. 

@darkstar42 How exciting!! Glad you're feeling better and your mid wife appt went well! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• halipshalips member
    Hi All!
    10w2d/ Feb 24, 2019
    How are you feeling?
    ok! Still really tired, but no more low blood pressure incidents. 
    Today! First OB appt. A little nervous about it, but hopeful. 
    Thoughts/Concerns?
    Nothing right now
    Questions: 
    When does everyone plan to announce pregnancy? I've told my immediate family, because they are a huge source of support for me. But DH wants to wait longer with his family (he said 24 weeks LOL). I feel like I'm going to start to show earlier this time and know people at work are already questioning some of my habits (no more coffee, not carrying stuff around for events, leaving early for dr etc). I want to tell everyone but at the same time am scared to do it. 

@darkstar42 I'm doing the NIPT. I did it with my first pregnancy too, and it was through Counsyl. 
    @kristimh80 have a great time with your friend! I have been taking it easy, both the RE and DH are insisting on it with my history. I really want to get back into some more intense yoga though, being so inactive is challenging!
    @mayflower513 sorry to hear the spotting is back. I think it's a good idea you are keeping yourself on pelvic rest and taking it easy. And you probably did feel baby move, so exciting!

*TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Thanks @halips :smile:

we just announced at the day before 13 weeks because we had people over for H’s birthday.  We have had a lot of ultrasounds where baby has looked good and we got our NIPT results back and are so close to 2nd trimester that we figured we could share.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @kristimh80 My RE only had me on light activity until I graduated (7 weeks 3 days). Then he said it was fine to resume activities I had already been doing (like running and yoga), but not to add anything new. Honestly, for 1st tri I never really had the energy to do much besides walking anyway, so it wasn't a big deal! I think being cautious is good, as long as your H is keeping you on bed rest or something! lol!

@darkstar42 Congrats on hearing the heartbeat - such an amazing moment!

@mayflower513 The abdominal discomfort really could just be from your uterus growing. I remember having a decent amount of cramps at the end of the 1st tri. And congrats - so excited you'll be joining us in the 2nd trimester group next week! Woohoo!

@halips FX for a great 1st appt with your OB today! We announced to immediate family pretty early on b/c they knew we were going through FET, but we didn't really tell friends or anything until 16 weeks. I think it's whatever you're most comfortable with. I kept wanting to wait for the next appt or next scan to make sure things were good (was hoping to make it til the anatomy scan, but DH was so excited to tell people, that week 16 it was, b/c that was the 10 year anniversary of our first date!).
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @halips @mag1cbeli3ver Good to know! I figure later I'll be wishing someone told me to be lazy when I start more housework again! lol

@halips Hope today goes well for you! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80
    I was on light activity/modified bed rest out of caution during my 1st trimester. Basically, the clinic just wanted me to relax and not do any major activity or anything that might cause me to stress. It was a 3 month vacation on my couch of sorts...although I did do light housework and go out when I felt like it. I was just too stressed to do anything that might affect baby. I did have some minor brown and pink spotting on and off the first trimester which typically became more pronounced the more active I was, so that was part of the reason for light activity. There was nothing wrong with the pregnancy they could see; it was just out of extreme caution. My spotting stopped around 12-13 weeks and never returned so it was probably what the IVF nurse felt -- just some old blood from implantation and cervical irritation. 

We announced on our 10th anniversary (about 14-15 weeks). Well, actually I jumped the gun a bit and posted the announcement a few days early >. >  I still felt nervous about announcing! I never made any other official announcements other than that facebook post and calls to immediate family (my mom knew about the BFP about 5 minutes after I got the first call from my post transfer beta -- my parents knew we were doing IVF though and my mom had come to some appointments; I told my sister once we graduated from the RE at 10 weeks). 

Congrats to everyone :smile:
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 Makes perfect sense! I know in my head the short-term set back is worth it, at least knowing I did everything I could. Seems like it's always something! Congrats on your 10 year anniversary!! What a perfect present to yourselves!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Thank you @mag1cbeli3ver, my OB thinks it’s RLP and I had a SHARP pain today when I stood up and it took a few min to subside and it was basically a more intense version of what I feel most of the time so I’m inclined to agree it’s more of the same.  It must just be a coincidence that it came back when I had the spotting.  Did you notice it lessen a lot after first trimester?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• How far along are you? / EDD
    I'm 9 weeks.  Due date based on conception is March 5th, but because of some prior surgery heard today they will 

How are you feeling?
    Pretty Blah.  I have mild nausea and intermittent heart burn.  But the fatigue.  I feel like I could put my head down at any moment and go to sleep.  

I had my second ultrasound and primary intake doctor's appointment today.  

Thoughts/Concerns?
    This is my first post.  I was a lurker when I was dealing with infertility and infertility treatments and learned a lot from posters.   I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve and the clinic I was working with gave up on me after one IVF attempt. We were moving forward with another attempt at a second clinic and coming to terms with likely need for an egg donor when we got pregnant - first cycle after the failed IVF.  I can't get excited or feel like its real.  Each little step gives a little comfort, but I can't help but think the bottom is going to drop out as our prognosis was so bad I can't believe we are actually pregnant and don't know when I will feel we are in the clear.  Today we had an ultrasound at 9 weeks- baby looked good and the hb was 171.    Have you guys started to feel more comfort and that things are actually optimistic and you might have a good outcome?
  • @kristimh80- I am on restricted activity bc i have a large SCH and spotting. Honestly, seems SCHs are super common with IVF, so I see no problem with taking it easy as precaution. Soon you may not feel good enough to do anything but be a couch potato! I hope the nausea holds off until after your friend leaves!

@darkstar42- thats exciting you got the NIPT! I would want to, but pretty sure they won't do it because of our vanishing twin- the results wouldn't be accurate. We will still do the NT scan and will just have to wait until the AS to find out the gender!

@mayflower513- sorry to hear about the pain and spotting. Hopefully its nothing since you are already 13 weeks! That would be so exciting to feel any baby movement at all! You said you had a retroverted uterus too i think? That gives me hope maybe I can feel something sooner than later!

@halips- how was your first OB appt? Some of our immediate family knows and a few friends. We will wait to do a larger annoucement until 20 weeks probably. Our plan is to make a video of our journey (since we recorded stuff from the beginning, never expecting it to be this long) and share on facebook to raise awareness of IF. I'm just nervous about the donor part of our story and people'e opinions. I think IVF is pretty well understood and accepted these days, but not donor eggs, especially at my age (30). So we will see and hopefully I can be brave enough to post it!

@knottie- welcome! What an amazing story :) Hopefully the prognoisis is really good if you are on track at 9 weeks!

@drove2u- i totally get cautiously joining, i didn't feel comfortable until like 8 weeks or more. Like I would jinx myself or something. But we are all here for you and we have a nice group of ladies here around the same timing :)

AFM- sorry for posting late! Work has been crazy. I got a large unexpected promotion 3 weeks ago and management doesn't know I am pregnant... I was only 8 weeks when they told me and I had just lost the one twin the week before, so I just am not ready to share yet. I know legally they can't say or do anything, and they wouldn't, but I am definitely going to leave them a mess since this role is critical for budget and year end and I will miss both. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and we have another U/S on Thursday with the tech and doctor. I get so anxious for these. Like I should be excited to be baby but i can't even enjoy it. I'm hoping the SCH is shrinking and that baby is looking good obviously. Just hoping I can relax a little when we get to the second tri.
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Lurking from 2nd trimester...

@JamieH2000 you’re right. With vanishing twin you can’t do NIPT... I didn’t do it either. 

Congrats on the promotion and good luck tomorrow at the appt!
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

5 weeks 1 day

How are you feeling?
    Really good. Just getting tired a bit earlier in the evenings. 

Apt with family doctor on Aug 2 (Just to check in with her as I've only been seeing the fertility clinic up until now. I'm on meds for high bp and especially want to talk with her about managing my bp during pregnancy).

U/S on Aug 15

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I'm just enjoying feeling good while it lasts!

@kristimh80 I haven't changed anything in my workout routine (which is just light elliptical or yoga anyways). I figure these are both pretty safe and low-impact and my doc said it was okay to stay active and just not to add anything intense that I wasn't already used to. My DH also keeps asking me if I should be really be doing various things. He has opened more doors for me lately that's for sure and did all of the housework last week lol
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• @JamieH2000 Awe hate you're having yo deal with that! I figure as soon as my gf comes to town tomorrow, I'll develop nausea just my luck! lol Luckily, she's a nurse, but she's single so I was already dreading trying to stay up late with her.  :s

@scikap Isn't it nice having them pick up chores now! I can tell DH I need something and he does it now without hesitating. Mine is like yours...always asking "should you be doing that"? I told her the other day...I'm not dead lol

@Drove2u Good seeing you here!! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 I am continuing my workout routine which is high intensity interval 3 times a week and some cardio other days.  I'm exhausted, but i tend to feel better with energy and nausea after i work out.

@JamieH2000 Yes, my prognosis is good.  There has been no issues to date, cross our fingers.  This is why I am cautiously wading into being excited..

@Drove2u Totally get your caution as I am there also.  People keep trying to tell me to relax and enjoy it.

• @Drove2u
    I think that your sense of caution is very normal. I spent my first trimester going into each scan expecting bad news...although it was only by the time of my baby shower in the third trimester that I thought, "Oh, maybe this will work out..."  >.> I said to my husband as I was putting away the baby gifts: "Maybe I'm actually going to have a baby." He looked at me like I was crazy!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

edited August 2018
    @Drove2u and @Knottie1448110365 and anyone else nervous... I also understand your caution.  I went into every single weekly ultrasound I had expecting the worst, and everything was mostly fine at all of them (baby at least always looked great).  Even after NIPT testing and my SCH’s (appearing to be) gone, I’m nervous that either my SCH is back or the NIPT results were wrong or there will be another issue that’s not tested for.  Ugh.  Maybe after my AS in 6 weeks (might as well be a year), if everything looks good, I can relax?  ::sigh::

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

edited August 2018
    @kristimh80  oh that makes total sense.  I wasn’t thinking if it like that but yes, these babies are expensive, and weren’t easy to make!

@JamieH2000 I do have a tilted uterus :smile:

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @Knottie1448110365 welcome and congrats! Fatigue is the WORST. It usually gets better during 2nd tri, for awhile at least! I was overly cautious about being excited etc with my first pregnancy. I didn't let myself enjoy it or accept it really, until a few days before my preterm labor started. I wish I had celebrated it more. With this pregnancy, I'm trying to be more hopeful and optimistic. It's an amazing thing our bodies are doing, and we should celebrate it. But it's also so hard to allow yourself to really let go and appreciate it when you've been through what we all have. 
    @Drove2u welcome and congrats! Fx that things go better than you expect. It can be so hard to be hopeful when you've had such negative outcomes so far!
    @JamieH2000 congrats on the promotion! Work will figure it out without you! I keep reminding myself that same thing, they'll manage...  Totally get the  anxiety around appts. I was the same way yesterday and couldn't relax until the end when I knew everything was ok. Hopefully, as time progresses we can will learn to be more relaxed and optimistic! 
    @scikap good luck at your appt this week!

AFM- my OB appt yesterday went really well. After we lost out daughter, I switched primary OB's and hadn't yet really spent quality time with the new Dr.(same practice). He was amazing. He had a plan in place ahead of time, answered all of my questions plus more and was very patient with my ultrasound. I'll see him again in 2 weeks for my NIPT testing, and then every 3 weeks after that. I start seeing the MFM Dr. at 16 weeks (wk of Sept 10), and will see him every 2 weeks. So lots of appts, but that makes me less anxious! I have to complain though..lol my referral to the MFM has 2 codes on it, indicating why I am high risk. The first is called "Elderly multigravida" (Old, multiple pregnancies) gee thanks.. I'm old lol OB told me to get used to that and the word geriatric. The second code was "prior second trimester abortion". That one was hard to read. It made it seem like I wanted or chose for it to happen.I know it's just the medical term, but what a shitty term.
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @mayflower513 Fx the discomfort goes away quickly!

@halips My NIPT is through Progenity. I don’t really know much about the different companies! We told immediate family and close friends right away, since they all knew what we’d been going through with IF. I’ve now told my boss as well. I think we’ll make a more general announcement after the 20 week scan. So glad your OB appointment went well! I’m sorry you had to see that cold, clinical terminology for your loss. *hugs*

@knottie Welcome and congratulations! You may want to change your user name to make it easier for us to tag you, etc. I’m not sure if you’ve joined a BMB, but lots of them have posts with instructions for changing your name. I’m glad things are looking good for you at 9 weeks. That’s a great sign!

@Drove2u I hear you on having a hard time feeling hopeful after going through IF! Hearing the heartbeat is awesome though. Fx all continues to go well for you.

@JamieH2000 Congrats on the promotion! We expected to find out gender at 20 weeks. I didn’t even know NIPT existed until we actually got a BFP and the RE told us about it.

@scikap That’s awesome that you’re feeling great right now!

• Thank you @darkstar42 thank you!  I’m actually feeling pretty good today :smile:

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @darkstar42 Name successfully changed.  I actually did it yesterday but needed to sign out and sign back in..
  • @halips So good to hear your OB appt went well!! Sounds like you have a good one that is being proactive. Love that you are getting so many appointments. Esp during this part of it all..it's so much more reassuring that something is really happening and going well :smiley: I agree...all the medical terms for us "older moms" stink! I never thought after 35 you could be called "geriatric". lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 thanks! And yes, geriatric should never apply to someone in their 30's or 40's lol
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips- Thanks! Its always nice to get a promotion, but I definitely wouldnt have even tried to apply for this job right now. Glad they just "told" me haha. Just going to hide it as long as possible until i earn my new team's trust. I don't want them writing me off once they know I won't be here that long. So glad your OB went good! Its the best high right after... it keeps the anxiety away until the next day at least for me :) I hate both terms they used with you! I got the "threatened abortion" on my report at my first appt and that was scary to read. Also ridic that they can't use miscarriage instead of abortion?!

@darkstar42- can't wait to hear what gender you, and everyone, is having. Seems like I may be one of the later ones at 20 weeks. On the bright side, I think it will be a good suprise. I will be 19w3 days on my day, so hoping they will let me do the AS before then and then I can make my birthday cake as the gender reveal! I haven't celebrated my bday in 3 years bc I just didn't feel like it with all the IF. So this year I think I need to do something!

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • LynnNJLynnNJ member
    edited August 2018
    13 weeks 4 days /Feb 2, but it will be a c-section a few weeks prior to that

How are you feeling?
    I'm still tired. My appetite is still the same  I suddenly get really hungry and then I overdo it or eat the wrong thing and feel yucky. I don't feel sick or anything, just feel like I ate too much of something they wasn't good for me. I also have had trouble figuring out what to eat. Some foods just don't appeal to me (at least what we have in the house) and sometimes I crave something. The next day I'm turned off by that same food. I'm not feeling that bad luckily.

I had an ultrasound on Monday and everything looked good! 

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Right now I'm not as worried about the pregnancy. I'm worried about how I'm going to manage once I get further along. Will I still be able to handle my toddler? Last time, exercise helped me keep up my strength, but I'm going to have figure out how to keep up with a routine. 

Questions:

We (actually I) told our immediate family right away  My husband was feeling more cautious (which I understand  and didn't even act happy, but I really wanted to be happy to get to the point I was at. We are now slowly telling other people and are planning a Facebook announcement in a week or so.

Someone  asked about the testing. My doctor offered the Harmony test  At 16 weeks I will have another blood test for  spina bifida  The doctor says he didn't see any signs of it during the ultrasound .
  • @halips
    I hate the proper medical terminology as well! I used to do some coding and we'd occasionally have ladies come in who said they had a BFP at home but M/C before we could refer to OB (primary care here). We'd have to code spontaneous abortion which sounds terrible.

I really wished I hadn't been so scared going to see a MFM when my doctor said it wouldn't be a terrible idea since my blood pressure was rising (fast forward two weeks and I met the MFM in the hospital w/ severe pre-eclampsia). The MFM was AWESOME! He was super nice and very smart. He really reassured me that all would be handled and well. He also had a man bag he carried around with him :smiley:  (young guy)
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• So, we were expecting our NIPT results next week, but just missed a call and listened to the voicemail. It was the nurse saying our results are in and to call her back, but they were closed by the time I called. Now we're so anxious waiting til tomorrow!
  • Omg @darkstar42 I HATE THAT!! good luck and keep us posted!  

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

11 weeks, EDD 2/20. Transfer was 6/4

How are you feeling?

pretty exhausted. Morning sickness is letting up and I’m finally getting hopeful that we are actually going to have a baby!

I was going on for bi weekly scans just to make sure he was ok, I was so nervous. My last scan was last Thursday and my next on is Friday. A whole week+1 between scans is unheard of for me but the RE booted me at 10 weeks :).:smile: Thank goodness I’ve been able to find him on the Doppler. 

Thoughts/Concerns?

any tips to make this trimester go faster?? Can’t wait for it to be over and be smooth sailing in the second. 

Questions:

• @mbradfo2 the medical terminology is terrible, I wouldn't have been able to handle it with coding! my MFM is awesome too! I got to meet with him after we lost our daughter in 2016. He's younger, and South African, so has a great accent :) If you don't mind sharing, when/what point did your Blood pressure become a concern? Did you have any other symptoms? Mine has been all over the place this pregnancy, Low, high etc. Dr said it's fairly normal and we will just watch it closely, but it's making me anxious lol
    @darkstar42 Fx for great results today!
    @knottied069dbbca082792e welcome and congrats! glad to hear your morning sickness is finally passing. No real tips, I just try to stay as distracted as possible! Lots of good tv shows, books, tons of work events and sleeping as much as possible :)
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips
    My blood pressure started to trend up at the beginning of the third trimester -- prior to around 30 weeks or so, it had remained at my normal level.  It started going up week by week after that even after taking blood pressure meds. My OB showed me my chart where you could see the gradual increase over several weeks -- and my blood pressure out of the office was also trending up. I had no other real symptoms of pre-E -- my sample of urine at the office had no protein (but an isolated sample is not the best way to figure out if someone has protein in their urine) and I had some mild swelling of the feet but nothing out of the ordinary for a third trimester. It was just when my blood pressure shot up to 160/100 and I got admitted to the hospital for observation/stabilizing blood pressures that the MFM my OB called in for consult (the cool guy!) found that my liver levels were starting to become abnormal and the urine test for protein over 24 hours was inconclusive (the quick sample showed no protein, but the full lab report showed protein). So he decided to was best to go a bit early at 35 weeks than risk anything getting worse by just monitoring me until term at 37 weeks.

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @darkstar42 well?!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @darkstar42- anxiously awaiting your update!

@knottie- welcome- you may want to change your name so we can tag you :) I had my transfer on 6/4 and am due on 2/20 also! Thats exciting we are the exact same :)

I have an ultrascan and baby looked right on track at 11+1! HB of 176, so that was good. My SCH also shrunk about in half from 7 weeks, so hopefully its going to be gone in the next few weeks. Our non viable twin is still there, but possibly breaking up. THey said it would reabsorb or pass. I really really hope it doesnt pass, but it is close to the cervix so its possible. If that happens I will most definitely be rushing in for a scan after that! I am supposed to have my NT scan in 1-2 weeks and then I don't go back until 15 weeks. Not sure what I will do with 2-3 weeks with no appts!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • To all who asked, NIPT results are all negative. What a relief! And we're having a boy. Still processing that, as MH and I both were expecting it to be a girl (for no evidence-based reason), but we're so happy and grateful that the health news is good so far.
    edited August 2018
    @JamieH2000 that’s all good news!  Be grateful it’s only 2-3 weeks, I have another 5.5 til anatomy scan!!

@darkstar42 yay!  I get how you feel.  DH and I were both a little disappointed when we first found out it was a boy, mostly Bc we already have a DS (that I didn’t have to do IVF for!) and this will be our last and I was dying to buy all things girly and even had a girl name.  But we’re obviously so grateful to have everything (so far) check out good.  He just may never have a name!!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Thanks for saying that! I feel bad that I’m a bit disappointed, but I know I just need a little time to adjust and then I’ll be happy about it. We’re also having trouble finding boy names we both like!