January 2019 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 7.30.18

Too lazy to gif
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Bitchfest 7.30.18

• Options
    My MBF is DH. He stayed up late watching TV. I let him sleep for an extra hour once DD woke up this morning before I couldn’t stop her from making too much noise. Then 30 minutes before he has to get ready for work when I’m supposed to be able to hop in the shower and get some time for myself before he leaves for the night, he tells me he needs a nap because he’s exhausted and has a headache. I’ve had a migraine everyday for a week, dude! 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    I woke up at 4:30 to pee and I couldn’t go back to sleep. Every time I would drift off to sleep I was awakened by DH’s alarm or our dog barking at squirrels. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BitterBetty12 Ooooooh that would cheese me off, too!

Mine is also in relation to DH. Yesterday was his B-Day, and I had originally moved my plans around (at his request) to spend the day with him. Next thing I know, his buddy phones and asks him to go do something, DH agreed, and I was discarded. Gr. 
    I went out with a friend, got home... Made DH a birthday pie and asked if he wanted to invite his friend over for pie... He texts me back that he has 5 buddies coming over for pie! Well, jeez... So I cleaned up the house, did laundry cus it was laundry day, tidied the kitchen, cleared the deck and set up the table for guests... DH gets home and says his buddies had to get home, so they weren't coming in.
    So all future requests from him will be met with a major eff that for the foreseeable future.

Small disclaimer here - I was (am) uber annoyed by these events, but he is usually very sweet and kind to me. This was a one-off asshat behavior type of day!
  • Options
    @leighbrek Ah I’m sorry that he decided to be an asshat on his birthday! I would be super ticked too if I was ditched and then did a bunch of extra work for nothing!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @leighbrek I would be soooo angry... my DH doesn't usually invite ppl over unexpectedly (or at all, come to think of it), but he makes me ragey when he he has to study when I want us to do something as a family, but has time to go bowling or golfing with his friends. He doesn't do this all the time, but when he does.. grrr
  • Options
    Oh thank god for this thread today... It's been quite a Monday and I'm about to rant HARD.

Yesterday my sister, mom & I went out to lunch. It was totally pleasant the entire time. As we're wrapping up, I got up to pee because, you know, pregnant. And when I come back, it's TOTALLY tense at the table and I'm like...wtf did I just walk in on? My sister excuses herself to go to the bathroom and then I get filled in by my mom.

Apparently, the moment I got up my sister starts talking negatively about my partner. Our family is VERY close (like, hang out at least once a weekend close), and my SO isn't accustomed to that. He shows up at probably 50% of things to make me happy, and bows out of the other 50% because he enjoys his weekend relaxation time after a hard week of work. (I don't blame him at all and, honestly, the more pregnant/tired I get, the more I've hopped on that train. I love family time, but half my weekend, every weekend, takes its toll.)

She starts talking to my mom and VERBATIM goes "He never makes any effort. Who is this guy who knocked up my sister? I mean, it's scary if you think about it. Does he have a drinking problem, and he's too hung over to show up?!" I literally cackled when I heard that. We've been dating for 3ish years and my whole family has known him for 10 (we dated in high school before getting back together). Also re: drinking, we're in our mid-20s and enjoy having a good time - always responsibly and never in excess. This weekend, his best friend was in town and they went to Brewfest together. He was moving a little slow on Saturday, but I don't mind at all, especially since it's a once-in-a-year type thing. 

So my sister reaches out today saying that she NEVER said any of this stuff, that my mom brought it all up and she repeatedly said she wanted to stop the conversation because it was making her uncomfortable. My mom and I are VERY close and always brutally honest, and my sister has a history of spinning the truth. So obviously I believe my mom. 

But wtf with this drama? Out of nowhere and with zero reason/rationale behind it. I think my sister has too much time on her hands and needs a job lol.
  • Options
    @kianarain it’s amazing how pregnancy can bring out drama in families at the same time you need the LEAST amount of drama in your life. I’m sorry. Can you confront your sister and just give her some straight up facts and tell her to stop being dramatic?
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    leighbrek my complaint is so similar! DH is usually an amazing partner and also kind and forgiving of my mistakes. Last night he was so mean to me! I spent 1 1/2 hrs chopping and cooking straight because I was making a pork loin with potatoes and carrots and two pot pies to freeze. I've never made pot pies and they dripped goop in the bottom of the oven. By the time I realized and scraped it out the smoke detector went off. I had to take it down and the whole house got smoky and it was awful but I didn't do it on purpose. I apologized like 10x and it wasn't getting any worse.  He insisted on standing in the kitchen glaring at the oven until it got better and said I don't take others into consideration and don't think. Then he refused to eat the pork because its not one of his faves even though I tried a new recipe and wouldn't eat the pot pie either. He kept asking the cats if they were okay cause it was smoky and wouldn't speak to me while I just cried. 

Again, he's usually so kind and understanding with me. I was floored!

Mercury in retrograde!
    https://www.elitedaily.com/p/when-does-mercury-retrograde-july-2018-end-heres-how-the-chaos-will-come-to-a-resolution-9715685
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl
    Omg! No, yours takes the cake on DH being an asshat stories. That's just ridiculous behavior on his part. :disappointed: I'm sorry that happened, as if you don't have enough to think about. I hope he apologizes to you, because you're the one who deserves the apology.
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    edited July 2018
    @kianarain is your sister older or younger? Does she already have children? It could be a competition/jealousy thing. I'm sure a lot of your family's attention is on you right now and the upcoming LO and that can be hard for a sibling. My middle child syndrome reared it's ugly head when my sister got married and it was was all about her 24/7 for an entire year and obviously I was happy for her but I was also annoyed with the whole thing and it came out in some not very flattering ways sometimes that I regret now  :#

My MBF is that a random lady at work who had heard through the grapevine that I was pregnant told me congratulations and that she knew already because she saw my baby bump and then proceeded to TOUCH my stomach 1. I'm a FTM and don't really have a baby bump yet and 2. omg don't touch me

ETA: Another lady told me she already knew because my face was getting rounder...that's just kind of mean
  • Options
    @KLS123
    Catty thing for her to say!! She might not have meant it that way, but jeez... People just don't think before they speak.
  • Options
    @KLS123 Wow, those comments are so rude, especially the second one.   Sounds like it might be time to revive the "Things People Say to Pregnant Women" thread!

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 I called her out for manipulating the truth, and she called our mom a psycho lol. She's always been a truth-fabricator, but it's getting semi-pathological as she gets older.

@KLS123 older, and no kids yet - though they've been trying for a little while. So I think there's definitely something there. But she followed the last conversation with "this time is so special for you, and I don't want to fight during a time when we should be getting closer". So maybe she feels the guilt a little and is overcompensating. I would love if she acknowledged/apologized and would 100% accept it, but deflecting and throwing my mom under the bus is just digging her own grave further.
  • Options
    @KLS123 also omg so rude! I feel like I'll get some of those when I come fully clean at work. +1 for reviving the things people say to pregnant women. 
  • Options
    @kls123 my mom told me my face was getting "rounder". I was probably around 7w at that time....gee thanks Mom. 
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    edited July 2018
    @kianarain ahh yes that makes sense. My older sister who doesn't have kids yet reacted really immaturely when we announced our pregnancy. She eventually came around and is supportive but still hasn't acknowledged or apologized for her bad behavior and at this point I don't think she ever will. I just see her making an effort as her way of "apologizing" so I'm fine with it because I mean really, what are you gonna do?

@gorgeousariel @AshVA @leighbrek yes we should definitely revive that thread! And at first I was offended by the comment and then I just thought, well my face probably does look "rounder" since I used to contour my face and now I'm too tired/sick in the morning to GAF what I look like for work  :D

When does the "you're glowing!" or "you look adorable pregnant" phase start? I need that ASAP
  • Options
    @kls123 if you mean the phase where your nose gets bigger and you breakout with shiny oily skin, I’m totally there now.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    KLS123 said:

My MBF is that a random lady at work who had heard through the grapevine that I was pregnant told me congratulations and that she knew already because she saw my baby bump and then proceeded to TOUCH my stomach 1. I'm a FTM and don't really have a baby bump yet and 2. omg don't touch me

ETA: Another lady told me she already knew because my face was getting rounder...that's just kind of mean
    Ugh. I hate when people do that. So rude. I had a coworker come up to me a few weeks ago and said she had to confront me about something, I asked what and she proceeded to say 'are you depressed? Is everything ok at home?' I said everything's fine... why. Then she proceeded to tell me she was concerned about me because I hadn't worn make up in 3 of 4 days and I wasn't showing my beautiful self. I explained that we were redoing our upstairs bathroom and I just didn't feel like moving my makeup to the downstairs bathroom. After walking away it was one of those wtf moments. I'm not pretty WITHOUT making up? Screw you lady. I've luckily only lost weight so far and I'm waiting for her to come up to me one day and say hey is everything ok? I noticed you're getting a pooch. ( I haven't announced yet) might smack a lady if she does say it. I guess she told another coworker that if that coworker got skinny she could land a nice man and have babies. Some people have no filter. So rude.