December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms • w/o 7.29

End of July! How's your body holding up?

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekly Symptoms • w/o 7.29

• Options
    My stomach has been upset today and I am so tired. I’m not sure if these are pregnancy related or not. I’m definitely looking pregnant. I’ll be 18 weeks tomorrow.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    Feeling very big and pregnant.  Still constipated even though I've been taking colace and eating tons of fiber.  Gonna have to talk to the doc about that tomorrow.  Officially don't fit into any of me pre-pregnancy bras.  I've been having BH contractions pretty regularly, especially if I've been up moving around a lot.  I didn't realize how uncomfortable they would be.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @morgantu Love the reference!
  • Options
    @katy0990 Sorry you’re feeling crappy, hope tomorrow is better. 
    @hkom Hope the constipation lets up - I need to talk to my OB about Miralax (I bought some, but haven’t used it yet). 
    @morgantu Give a Mouse a Cookie is a wonderful book!

I think I’ve been mostly the same for the past few weeks. Low daytime stamina (that I blame on the heat), regular nighttime reflux, and my old friend - constipation. I still can’t say that I feel the baby, but I think he’s hanging out on my bladder, because I’m back to the high frequency low volume pees. Limb tingling only happens early in the morning now, so I’m not as worried about carpal tunnel!

*note to self* ask OB about organ crowding. I can’t help but wonder how much of my bladder/reflux/breathlessness is simple crowding. Can it all start this early?

Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango The bladder and breathlessness could be due to crowding, especially if you have a shorter torso. I’m not sure about the reflex, though.
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I'm so sorry to hear that. I really do hope things get easier. 

I'm feeling my stomach grow but physically there are no changes. I'm still in that awkward "she is already plus size and cant tell if she is actually pregnant" appearance stage. I have acne like there is no tomorrow. I do have reflux but no constipation. I have been experiencing swelling of my hands and feet (I blame the heat). I also feel him move around, although lately it seems he just doesn't want to. Typically its first thing in the morning, again around 10, and then maybe around 3 and then right before bed. It's so frustrating. This is my first pregnancy and I've had about every adverse reaction of pregnancy and I'm dying to have that big preggo belly and actually get to see and feel his kicks. 
    Plus side to all of this is that today hubby and I are going to the doctor or the anatomy scan! 21 weeks and 2 days! Has anyone's due date changed based on the results of this scan? Currently due December 8th! 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. Do you have someone you trust to talk to about everything? I hope you find some relief from your anxiety, and are able to take care of yourself :heart:

@brittaniahutto my sonographer said after first tri, they don't like to change the due date because babies are growing at different rates. In all of my first tri scans, I was about 6 days ahead, and at my a/s I was almost 2 weeks ahead, but they kept the due date. I'm just not planning too much in the weeks before and not buying many newborn sizes lol. Good luck today! 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I’m sorry you are going through a touch time in your marriage. I hope things get better soon! *hugs*

@brittaniahutto Like @morgantu said, they don’t typically change due dates after firstbtri. They say all babies grow at about the same rate at first, so pinpointing a due date is much more exact, whereas beyond first tri, growth varies from baby to baby.
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango  I blame nearly everything on crowding. :D Crowding and hormones. 

I'm currently just feeling big. I just need to throw the dang ice cream out. And it'd be great if I could motivate myself to do something other than walk for exercise. 
  • Options
    sorry H, mood swings are back full force. I was a huge pain in the butt to deal with this weekend. Whoops. 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma thinking of you in this rocky time. Sorry you're going through all this. 

@brittaniahutto I'm with you in the awkward "is she just getting fatter?" phase. Frustrating, but as I compare belly pics week to week I do feel like I'm starting to look more pregnant. At least to me!

AFM, same old junk.  Constipation, heartburn, indigestion, occasional headaches/ dizziness, RLP, yadda yadda.  Nothing really new I can complain about.
  • Options
    I am still struggling with my feet.  My doc referred me to a podiatrist, which I will see when I come back from vacation.  Otherwise, my back starts to hurt at the end of the day and my commute is already killing me, I have no clue what is going to happen as I get bigger.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango I've been short of breath too.  It's most noticeable after I eat, which makes me think it's definitely crowding.  ALSO the MFM doc scoffed at my Colace usage and told me to stop and buy miralax AND metamucil on my way home   :D

@flamingomomma I hope things get better soon!  I'm sorry you're going through all that.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @echo-charlietango I've been short of breath since first tri. It was one of my first symptoms!  Doc told me it's uncomfortable, but totally normal. 

@hkom why did your mfm doc say no colace?  My OB is the one who suggested it to me, so I'm wondering if there's a reason I should stop using it....

@lexidawg I'm so sorry about your feet!  I hope your podiatrist figures something out to help.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @scaredunprepared It wasn't because its bad, she just said it probably wasn't going to be effective at all and that I needed something stronger. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom okay thanks for that info. It seems to be somewhat effective for me, so I think I'll keep at it.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @scaredunprepared No problem!  My issues are a little more complex because of the pessary thing and my constipation was pretty bad so she was just like yeah, don't mess around and just get the stronger stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom I totally get it.  I'm just glad it wasn't because it's unsafe!  Otherwise I'd have words with my OB!
  • Options
    @maureenmce SO glad you’re finally starting to feel better with all of the stomach issues you’ve had. I’m feeling really big compared to last time too and back pain is starting at night. Bleh.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    I have a therapist & a good friend from
    DS1s BMB. Honestly, my marriage is over. I just need to navigate my way out of it. I feel like a failure.
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I’m sorry for all you are going through. You aren’t a failure. I’ve heard what you are saying come from other mom friends of mine too. Give yourself grace, it’s okay whatever decision you need to make. 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I do know for sure that pregnancy and parenting (and pregnancy while parenting the LO you already have) can be incredibly stressful on a marriage. Hopefully counseling is an option, but if not, like @echo-charlietango I am also someone who was married before and decided that divorce was the best option and, though it's very difficult to get through, divorce is definitely worth it if you're miserable in your marriage. You deserve to be happy. Sending love and luck!
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I’m so sorry for all you are dealing with. Sending creepy internet hugs your way.
  • Options
    Sending light and love to every this week!! 

My newest symptom is heartburn! Ugh! I know it when I eat a lot of sauce, but unfortunately the Italian in me craves pasta and meatballs and pizza. The heartburn definitely woke and then kept me up last night... 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. I would recommend therapy for support as I imagine things are super stressful for you.  I do also want to add that deciding that a relationship is not working and choosing to get out of it can be a really positive thing.  You don't want your children to grow up in a home where the parents don't get along.  Big hugs.
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. Hugs hugs.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @flamingomomma so sorry you're going through such a tough time right now. Sending hugs and some strength. 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma That is so tough. I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now. I'm a big proponent of couples counseling if that's something you and your husband are interested in pursuing, but I absolutely understand that sometimes it can be too little too late. I hope things work out, regardless of what your decision ultimately is. I definitely agree with the other ladies that it is important that your children grow up in a home full of love rather than one filled with fighting and unhappiness.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I’m so sorry. My mom is emotionally abusive and has spent years trying to convince everyone it is the other way around and my dad is the problem. Good for you for getting your children out! You cannot fix someone who is unwilling to face their actions.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @flamingomomma We'll all be here to listen if you ever feel like sharing details, but we all understand not being comfortable to do so at the moment <3

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited July 2018
    @flamingomomma I am so sorry. Emotional abuse is terrible. Sending you lots of love and hoping you get tons of support from friends and family and that you're able to get to a good place soon. <3
  • Options
    @flamingomomma I am sorry to hear you are going through this, especially during an already emotional time. I hope you have support in your life to do what's best for you! Sending lots of good thoughts your way! 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma What a butt! My first H was also emotionally abusive, he was a fan of gaslighting and was also a narcissist who liked to control me with money (or lack thereof, to make me dependent on him). Some men just are not good people. Big creepy hugs  - you WILL get through this.

Anniversary