October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms (7/29)

Re: Randoms (7/29)

• Options
    My husband actually walked in the bathroom and said to me "i swear you're bigger today then you were yesterday!"  i'm pretty sure i was shooting laser beams out of my eyes at him.  You'd think he'd learn since we've already been through this a couple times before, lol. 
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @Lisa3379 sorry I am seeing this so late. That sounds like a hard transition! How are you holding up?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lisa3379 hugs! Sounds like you did pretty well, and so did he on day 1! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Hang in there, they adjust to school very quickly. My son cried for the first 3 days then he got over it. He loves school now! He just had a week off from school and I cried after dropping him off today. I still have two weeks off before I start working again. I felt guilty not being with him but then I really enjoyed the relaxing and tv bingeing I did today. It's good to have some down time before the chaos of new baby!
  • Options
    So in my birth class last night, someone brought up that her insurance only covers certain anesthesiologists, so she will have to pay out of network if none of her in network drs are on call when she wants an epidural. I didn't even know that was a possibility! That really sucks. 
  • Options
    The one time I forget to carry to the laundromat I STILL have to use there’s only me and a freaky straight out of prison looking guy here who’s carrying a huge knife on his belt. I try not to judge people based on appearance but he’s making me very uncomfortable with all the staring. My ground game is decent on a normal day but it’s probably not so great while pregnant! Hope he goes away soon.  :worried:
  • Options
    @jynjer91 yikes that's uncomfortable! 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams that would suck! she must have a very limited coverage, possibly an HMO. 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams So that actually happened to my sister. She didn't know that the anesthesiologist who did her epidural didn't take her insurance though. He was literally the only one who wouldn't take it. He just had a personal issue with that particular insurance company. She got this insane bill and spent like 2 years fighting back and forth on it. I think she finally ended up paying a couple hundred dollars and they waived the rest. From what I understand, anesthesiologists are their own practice (at least at that particular hospital, I won't pretend to know anything about other hospitals), so as head of his practice he got to decide what insurances to accept. 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams that’s common with hospital providers. Just because the hospital is in network doesn’t mean that the provider is. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure of the whole story, or what exactly happened. But when my brother and SIL had their preemie twins, there was something about how the regular delivery was covered by insurance at that particular hospital, but the NICU wasn't covered in-network. So they got a huge bill. I don't remember the exact details. But it was ridiculous. There was talk about having to move them to another hospital, or something. I think they eventually fought it, but still had to pay a pretty big bill.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 that's something I would have never even thought of NICUs being out of network.. that's crazy 
  • Options
    Yeah apparently she has a newer insurance that not a lot of people take. It totally makes sense since it is their own practice technically, just not something I would think of ahead of time!
  • Options
    @mamabearcj I might be totally off base, but it was something involved with the NICU at the hospital they were at, even though the delivery was fine and covered.
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 yeah it was not bad at all. I did have a small muscle ache for two days after but nothing I couldn't handle. Right now all muscles ache these days  :D
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    The tdap shot felt like nothing. Getting a flu shot hurt worse. I’m 24 hours out and it’s a little achy but nothing out of the ordinary. 
  • Options
    This child was moving so much yesterday it’s almost ridiculous and he’s just as active this morning. My insides feel bruised! I wouldn’t be comfortable being that squished so I guess I can’t blame him!
  • Options
    I've been trying to do deep squats as per my birth class but I can't stay balanced unless I'm holding onto my birth ball while doing it. I'm seriously hoping it doesn't invalidate the exercise. What a weird concern lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @knottieamusements it's absolute BS. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Yeah this shits gotta stop. Along with the same add showing up every 5 posts...
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I think in the book I was reading it said to use your partner as support until you can do it on your own, so I think the ball is ok? 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I have used an open door by holding the door knobs for my squats.
  • Options
    Sorry if this has already been brought up...the search option is working for me (SHOCKER) I don’t remember like at all from when’s i was pregnant with Hannah, but how did those of you who got breast pumps through insurance do it? I know you get an RX from your doctor towards the end of pregnancy, but I don’t remember which pharmacy I went through or how I went about it?! 
  • Options
    @estellegetty I used aeroflow. all I had to do was enter my insurance and Dr info and they did the rest. Then I picked my pump and they ordered it.
  • Options
    My insurance didn’t let me use Aeroflow, but on my insurance portal when I logged in I sent s message to ask where I could get it and they gave me information on how to find medics supply places near me that they work with. One allowed me to order online and it was super easy.
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 that's a pain that it makes it so hard
  • Options
    I called my insurance company and asked them where to get one. They gave me 3 places to contact (all medical distributors), and I called them, got their options, picked the one I liked and then gave the company my info/insurance info/doctors info, and they did the rest. Had a pump 2 weeks later
  • Options
    estellegettyestellegetty member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks guys. I’ll be calling my insurance company on Monday. I got the Medela last time and then ended up buying a Spectra to have at home (left the Medela at work) so it’s not like I NEED one right away, but I def want to get a new one just in case...
  • Options
    @estellegetty - What the other ladies said- called my insurance company, they gave me three in-network distributors.  I got on their website, ordered the pump and provided the distributor with my insurance and doctor information.  

I used Edge Park and literally had my pump two days later (which was awesome because I ordered it after Max was delivered; I had the pump before I got discharged.)
  • Options
    Same but I just went to my insurance portal and found the in-network distributors on there. Went to website (I believe Edge Park), ordered with my insurance info, and I had it within a few days. Never had to talk to anyone. 
  • Options
    I remember that they wouldn't let me order one until I was very close to my due date, like 36 weeks or something. Can you get a second free one for another pregnancy? 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @jweber4747 - check with your insurance.  

Mine covers one pump per pregnancy.  I also couldn’t order more than a month in advance, but I think some of the vendors will let you order it and then just wait to bill.  

@hannaht8516 - I tried to do that, but...  the website told me to call customer service.  When I talked to customer service, they told me I could have also found this information on the website. They had no clue... :confused: