December 2018 Moms

GTKY: In 10 Years

Where do you hope to see yourself in 10 years?

Re: GTKY: In 10 Years

• Loading the player...
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    @Jens_Hoes Good point! I also hope to be extremely fit.
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
      @morgantu and @kristah2 I forgot that my student loans could be done by then, depending on when I return to teaching. What will life feel like without that albatross around my neck?!?!
  • Right @morgantu and @katy0990!! Our loans are literally more then we pay for our mortgage (thanks law school). Once they are done and we have no daycare... Holy moly. I might just retire. ;)
  • @kristah2 ditto here with more than mortgage (maybe not the new mortgage, though). Plus poor h suffers from the rampant underemployed millennialism, so we will be very verrrrrryyyyyyy happy to be rid of private school master's loans (and maybe a promotion commensurate with education and experience? A girl can dream). 2025, here we come! 
  • @binxybaby yes to the cleaning service! Maybe that's what I'll do with the student loan money! 

@Jens_Hoes light at the end of the tunnel! 
  • @binxybaby No car payments is awesome.  We haven't had one in over a year and I hope to never have a car payment again.  I don't particularly care what kind of car I drive so that helps.  Though if I get a self-driving one then that might require a loan...  maybe I'll just ride my bike to work!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ab_canada I'm in Canada and still straddled with student loans by the truckload! 
  • @jens_hoes I had mine paid off by 30!!  I am really good a short term goals!  I was lucky and had some help and a good amount of scholarships through my Dad’s work for writing essays.  My downside was it took me 5 years to graduate with one full summers worth of classes, I was 23 when I finally graduated.  Let’s just say my sophomore year was rowdy and skipped/dropped a bunch of classes!!  I wouldn’t have changed my experiences!!
  • @PensiveCrayon I'm so ignorant about other religions other than my own - I didn't know others used the term "priest". Do you mind my asking what y'all practice? You can PM me and school me if that's better. :D 
  • @kristah2
    Yes, but it can't be nearly as bad as the loans in the States.. 

• @ab_canada very true! Unless you pursue law like DH did.. holy moly. His salary is lovely but 15 years of loan payments the same as our mortgage isn't exactly fun.
  • @LLynde5 @ab_canada and @Jens_Hoes I’m so jealous! I still owe $80 k  :'( At this rate our house will be paid off before my student loans, depending on what happens with the teacher forgiveness programs.
  • @hoosiermama-2 Ha, no worries! We’re Eastern Orthodox (converts from Mennonite & Baptist upbringings, coming up on our 4th anniversary with the church I think?). Their priests are allowed to be married :lol:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon this may be a really dumb question, but is that the same as the Greek Orthodox Church?
  • hkomhkom member
    @PensiveCrayon I'm going to pry!  (if you don't mind)  What made you guys switch?  That is such an interesting conversion!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom come to western ny, where life is....not too bad, if you're in Rochester lol

@PensiveCrayon ohhh I'm also intrigued by this. I find religion fascinating. Thanks for sharing :) 
  • hkomhkom member
    @morgantu H was just in Rochester the other week!  If we moved there we would likely end up in Niagara County, which is where all of his family is.  There are good things and bad things about it, like everywhere else, but I do really enjoy it whenever we are there.  BUT I would not complain if we happened to stray a bit to the Finger Lakes region.  We don't know anyone there but I think it's sooooo pretty!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom Ahhhhhh finger lakes! Yes, we try to spend a lot of time there (less, now that wineries are not as appealing haha). But if you're in Niagara, at least you'll be close to Darien lake! 
  • hkomhkom member
    @morgantu Haven't made it to Darien Lake yet!

BabyFruit Ticker