February 2019 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• Loading the player...
  • Haha @lzzfrancisco! I didn’t even think about that! But no, I don’t think they knew at that point, also I don’t think they noticed the puking (except one person who saw/heard me, and I told her then anyway). They all just said “I had a feeling”, and my boss creepily said he’d noticed my bump... why was he looking at my belly? It ain’t even that big yet!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I find myself subconsciously touching my bump, you might have given yourself away without knowing it! :-) 
  • @grebretso, do you have a blump yet?  I am 15 w 3 and still trying to fly under the radar, I don't have much of a blump, maybe just thicker through the torso but I wear baggy shirts anyway.  I was thinking of waiting til next week when I'm 16 w, but today I started thinking maybe I could hide it a little longer.  Now I am second guessing....
  • @cass06_07 I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow, and there’s definitely a blump situation going on. To the point where none of my pants fit anymore. I’m very skinny with zero muscle, so I figured I’d show early. That’s usually how it goes when there’s no fat or abs to hide anything expanding in there.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • cas060cas060 member
    edited August 2018
     @grebretso Yeah, I don't have a whole lot hiding mine either. Itll probably just pop out like a spring one night and then ah F, Ill have no choice but to fess up :D
  • @grebretso oh I hardly listen to H Anywya haha.  I have a plan that involves taco Tuesday hahaha problem is I don’t want tacos today  :|
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @cass06_07 When we announced to DH's extended family, we gave his aunt who's really close to us a card that said "Shit's about to get real!" on the front. She thought it was hilarious. :D
  • @hannahbananas11 its not really out of character for me you know.... i still might
  • @cass06_07 We did something similar with that phrase. We did “shits about to get real” save the dates for our wedding so we announced DS with baby shoes and “shits about to get more real”. I think your idea with the diaper is cute!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @oftcfo I have legit goosebumps from this. 
  • Finally announced. I wrote “ready to harvest February 2019” 

we have announced all of our kids with this onesie. 
  • ThePax89 said:
    @oftcfo I have legit goosebumps from this. 
    It was super awkward when I told my male boss and his response was, You and Joe(DH), must have a routine. Omg blush!
  • oftcfo said:
    ThePax89 said:
    It was super awkward when I told my male boss and his response was, You and Joe(DH), must have a routine. Omg blush!
    That’s creepy AF. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Ylkayjay44 said:
    oftcfo said:
    ThePax89 said:
    That’s creepy AF. 
    That just made me uncomfortable for you @oftcfo.
  • I just caught up on this whole thread while having a bout of insomnia right now and I love all the announcements.  We were slow even telling family. Told them at 14 weeks. We put my toddler in a "soon to be big brother" shirt which worked for facetiming my SO's parents, and his mom had an awesome reaction, but my mom was a different story.  She is tech defective, could not figure out how to make skype work on her phone, and then when I texted her a pic of our son in the shirt, while we were on a regular call with her, was super dense about it and said "I cannot make it all out. It says big brother but what's above it."  Ummmm you caught the key part and that doesn't register?! Anyhoooo... I am not on FB but considering an insta post after the anatomy scan. This was my simple one the first time.  Shocked long distance friends for sure!
  • That's super cute, @emmy_wren

You all are making me feel cheap for not making some kind of announcement... I should probably get my shit together. 
  • Lol that’s my approach @episcowitch!
  • Brilliant plan, I like it!
  • Love it @episcowitch!! At this rate we'll have the same announcement! 
  • @episcowitch im with you here. 
    Hope you’ll get some “whose baby is that?”
     :D 
  • @hannahbananas11 That’s my stance too. And everyone I cared about already knew before our Facebook announcement anyway! We only announced because H really wanted to.

I guess in hindsight I’m glad I did, because I’m already tired of people I know, but that I’m not FB friends with, finding out one by one and asking the same questions over and over again. When FB announcing you get the “omg what??” reactions all at once.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @grebretso this is how I’m feeling, too! Don’t really want to do an announcement but now that the “mandatory” people have been told, telling people one at a time is stressing me out? Or making me anxious? I don’t know, just making me uncomfy lol. Now I just want to get it all done in one swoop.