1st Trimester

Feeling weird in my body 11 weeks pregnant

Hi,
I'm currently in the middle of my 11th week and I can't help but feel so strange in my body. I struggled with body image issues before i got pregnant and now that I'm eating more and gaining a little I feel helpless and so gross. I'm beyond excited that I have my baby but I can't help but feel kind of depressed and the hormones don't help. I feel alone so I'm reaching not here.

Re: Feeling weird in my body 11 weeks pregnant

• Hi,
    I'm currently in the middle of my 11th week and I can't help but feel so strange in my body. I struggled with body image issues before i got pregnant and now that I'm eating more and gaining a little I feel helpless and so gross. I'm beyond excited that I have my baby but I can't help but feel kind of depressed and the hormones don't help. I feel alone so I'm reaching not here.
    Are you active in any way? Sometimes I find that even just going out for a walk makes me feel like I'm not just slowly turning into Jabba the Hut. It might also help to discuss your feelings with your doctor because it could be prenatal depression. Maybe try introducing yourself to your BMB also. I'm sure there are women there feeling the same way.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I've been trying to stretch and stuff but walking around where I live gives me anxiety, I live in the middle of corn fields. I wish I had an elliptical or something. I night try getting back into yoga and talking to my doctor. Thanks for your input!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been feeling exactly the same way. I've gone from being so active and healthy to being constantly exhausted, eating heaps and feeling super depressed. I have been seeing a psychologist to help with the depression, I'm really just hoping it will shake off once the first trimester is over with and energy / my normal self starts to return . Either way you're not alone. I feel you and it really sucks. 
  • Totally felt that way as well! Honestly until I started getting a defined bump I was uncomfortable in most of my clothes. I had very skin tight clothing so the awkward transition from sudden extra pudge to bump was an unhappy camper.. since having a defined bump and announcing the pregnancy I felt better, the biggest help was buying actual maternity clothes that fit right and didnt look tight/stretched out on me.
    Try to stay off the scale, they weigh you at appointments and if they have a concern they'll tell you. Theres no need to actively weigh yourself more than you need to.
    Definitely join your bmb and make connections with other ladies going through these milestones with you, you're not alone in how you feel.
    If these feeling get worse consider reaching out to your OB and they may be able to help get you in touch with a therapist if needed. Good luck!