March 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 7/25-7/31

1. How many weeks are you? Have you passed any milestones?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY- favorite show to binge watch?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Re: PGAL check-in 7/25-7/31

• Options
    5w5 days, not until August 1

I am pretty anxious today but I’m also really tired, moody, and feeling hungover. 

I decided not to ask to get my HGC checked because there is such a huge range of normal. I knew only the US would really reassure me, but I am second guessing myself a lot for that. US is 8/7 and I really white knuckling until then now that I’m getting close to my 6th week.

I have to say my DH is doing pretty well and I feel supported. He didn’t really want kids, we are doing this because he knows I want them, and so at times all the hormone stuff drives him nuts, but he seems to be really on board this time.

Hulu is a fixture in our house, but currently I am watching 6 feet under. I never saw it originally.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? Have you passed any milestones? 5 weeks today! No milestones yet, my blighted ovum was discovered at 8 weeks. I think I'll feel much better after an ultrasound when I can actually see bean in there. 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Mentally I'm OK, and it's because of how I feel physically. Physically I feel like I got run over by a truck. I'm consistently nauseous and just exhausted all day. But it's actually helping my mindset. I did not have nearly as many symptoms or feel symptoms as much last time, so I'm hoping this means bean is growing in there and everything's OK!

No appointments for a couple weeks, 8/6. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has been great. I've been snippy and picky and get frustrated really easily and he's just rolling with it. He knows that I'm just reacting to the pregnancy and is trying really hard to be understanding.  

I binge on Big Bang Theory a lot, but currently bingeing Great British Bake-Off!!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? Have you passed any milestones? 5 weeks 3 days - I am past the HCG confirmation that didn’t go well last time. This time was so different - 2 draws that doubled
    perfectly and now my 8 week ultrasound and 12 week appt. are set. My blighted ovum was officially confirmed around 9 weeks last time, so I am anxiously awaiting my US. 

I am feeling very optimistic about this pregnancy. My gut is telling me that everything is going to be okay and I am trying to just enjoy that feeling. Physically I still feel pretty good. Just a few minor symptoms like sore breasts, bloating, being emotional. 

US is scheduled for August 15th. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Super nervous about how I am going to feel once I go back to work. It could make an interesting beginning of the school year! 

So many! Younger has been my most recent binge watch. 
  • Options
    @catlady2015 it does help to feel awful! I worked a lot of overtime last time and I certainly wouldn’t be up to that now.
    @purpleteacher82  I’m nervous about work too. I know the nausea could get a lot worse and I have some early mornings and long shifts coming up, I’m looking forward to the end of the first trimester already!!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @purpleteacher82

I LOVE Younger!!
  • Options

@3rdtime_charmed I got betas drawn and still won’t feel ok about anything until I’ve seen a good u/s. FX for a great fist appointment for you!

@catlady2015 love both of those shows!

@purpleteacher82 hopefully you continue to feel good and going back to work goes smoothly!

@mappowell yay for good appointments!

6w 5d, passed all my milestones

Physically I’m feeling a little better today (yesterday MS had me completely down for the count, felt like stomach flu) I think switching how I’m taking my progesterone supplement helped tremendously. Mentally still feeling anxious.

First appointment is scheduled for 7/31

Anyone else on progesterone supplements? My doc proscribed 200 mg oral progesterone last week and I’ve had MS ever since – none prior or with my healthy pregnancy with my son. I called the nurses line to try and talk to someone about switching to taking them vaginally (something that seems pretty common) and never heard back, but made the switch anyways.  If my doc ever gets back to me about it I’ll make sure she’s ok with it, but I feel quite a bit better today, so I’m inclined to stick with it.

Outlander! Love the show, we always wait for the full season to be released and then get a one month subscription to Stars via amazon.

• Options
    7w3d. Still no milestones. I found out about my blighted ovum at about 10w, so still have some time.

Mild to Moderate at times nausea has started this week. Mid-morning and evening are the worst times for me. Smells are starting to bother me. Also, had a horrendous migraine yesterday afternoon. Couldn't read, spotty vision, light sensitivity, the works. Took a few hours of hiding in the dark and napping, but luckily it subsided.

US on 8/9 and OB at 8/17

Nauseous and the sex drive of a teenager is a weird combo.

I've been binge watching/listening to Critical Role (still in Campaign 1), which is a show in which you watch a group of people play Dungeons and Dragons.
  • Options
    @LElkCot - I'm on the compounded progesterone suppositories. I still get very nauseous on them, but I'm glad that taking the progesterone tablets vaginally is helping you feel better! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @LElkCot I’m also on progesterone and take them vaginally as prescribed by my doctor and I haven’t been particularly nauseous, just exhausted!!
    @mappowell  love the idea of what to binge watch on maternity leave! 
    7 weeks, just passed my CPs but not MC
    super anxious but when I physically feel crappy (off and on) it makes me feel better mentally lol
    last appointment with my RE next Tues. after that I will have passed all milestones and feel much better! 
    Trying not to wish my life away but just wanting to get to a place in this pregnancy where I feel “safer”
    The Ranch on Netflix 

• Options
    @mappowell that’s great news!!!!
    @LElkCot DH decided he liked outlander so he will watch it with me. Kinda surprised me but it was fun to do it together.  We got a month long subscription for stars on Amazon prime.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @catlady2015 & @char245 thanks, it seems like the more common method, and hopefully will help keep the extreme nausea away!
    @3rdtime_charmed I was throughly surprised when MH got into the series as well! 
  • Options
    @char245 yes! I feel like I'm wishing my summer away, but I really can't wait until September when I'll feel safer.

8w2d. Sort of...I've definitely passed my CP and it was at my first US at 7w5d that we found out that things weren't going well. 

I'm feeling a lot less nauseous and my boobs have become less sore over the last week, which of course freaks me out. I'm so bloated, though! Like my jeans won't button and I have to do the rubber band thing to keep them closed! Mentally, I'm so afraid that if I'm not always expecting the worst, I'm going to jinx it. It's so tiring to think this way!

I saw my doctor for the first time last Thursday and she said everything looked great. I saw and heard the heartbeat and it seems that I'm measuring a couple of days ahead. So with two good ultrasounds under my belt, I really should relax a bit, right? I have another US scheduled for 8/2 and will meet with a NP after. I think I'll feel more reassured after that because I'll be passed all of my milestones at that point.

My doctor referred me to a hematologist for an issue that come up with some levels in a blood test that may have influenced my MC. When I saw the doctor yesterday, she said I don't need to see her at all and that it's nothing to worry about, which is a huge relief!

Right now we're watching The Magicians on Netflix .
  • Options
    8 weeks today, I have passed my m/c milestone, just waiting to see that everything is OK on the ultrasound and then with genetic testing

I am feeling just icky. The nausea is kicking my butt despite the fact that I'm not puking. 

Tomorrow is the 1st ultrasound. Fingers crossed for a healthy, singleton pregnancy. 

Does anyone know what the earliest you can do the genetic testing?  My OBs office said it's typically done at 11 weeks but I'd prefer to have it done earlier if possible. I skipped it with my first pregnancy. 

I don't really have a favorite, but I just finished OITNB and I am pretty excited a new season is coming out on 7/28!
  • Options
    @LElkCot I'm on 200mg progesterone as well and am taking them orally (even though the notes on the prescription say to insert them). I took them orally with my first pg and didn't have much nausea, but this time around the nausea is kicking my butt. Maybe I'll switch how I take mine, too...

8 weeks tomorrow. I have passed my MC discovery - found out at 6w 5d last time that it was an ectopic pregnancy. 

So incredibly exhausted, and I feel sick most of the time but I'm not puking (thankfully! That'd be hard to hide at work). 

I had my first us on Tuesday and got to see baby, and hear baby's heartbeat :smiley: What a relief! I just got a call today that my next us will be Aug 20 - I'll be about 11 1/2 weeks. I have a dr appointment on Aug 2 to check out my thyroid since I've been having some issues since my DD was born. 

Nothing this week! Just relieved to have seen an intrauterine pregnancy this time!

Hmm, too many to list! I recently finished binge watching The Staircase (docuseries) on Netflix. It was awesome!
  • Options
    I'm 6w4d. I still have 2 weeks before my first two losses. However, with both of them I had missed miscarriages, so I will only feel okay when I see a hb on the us. My other milestone isn't until 20 weeks, so long way to go.
    Physically: getting more and more nauseous with everyday. No vomiting yet. Food aversions and cravings are starting to kick in. My boobs are so sore, I have to wear a bra 24/7.
    Mentally: Anxious. Still have almost two weeks until my appointment. Thankful for this pregnancy and just hope it sticks.
    None until 8/6.
    None
    Currently binge watching NCIS with the wife. Waiting for Once Upon a Time next season in August. I love the idea of a thread for this!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options

4 and change, I think. I’ll need to wait for an u/s to know for sure. Definitely past the CP milestone. 

Pretty good. Glad to be monitored even though I’m not sure it was low progesterone that caused it in the first place. But it took so long to get pregnant again that I just don’t think I could go through it again. 

Just set up my first two appointments in August. It’s with a new provider since my insurance changed. 

So I’m also in the taking progesterone vaginally group. And my progesterone capsules are reddish orange. Why would they decide to dye them a color that can create leakage that can be confused for spotting when they are used so frequently in women who have trouble conceiving or repeat m/c’s?? I think that was a poor choice.
    Coming to the end of our kitchen remodel which is making me so happy. Still no countertops or sink, but the cabinets are in and we are moving things into them. Glad we got it behind us! 

The Office. No matter how many times we rewatch the series it is always awesome. 
  • Options
    mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited July 2018
    6weeks ish, not yet

Feeling ok. Trying to stick with the “everything is fine” mentality after measuring behind at my last US but I know the closer I get to the next one the crazier I will get. Physically exhausted, boobs hurt, bloated, horrible digestion issues, some nausea, overall bleh. Which I think is a good thing! 
    @3rdtime_charmed I think feeling hungover is about the perfect description!

Had a follow up with my hematologist’s NP which was a waste of time. I get to do that again in October assuming I’m still PG. Follow up US Monday and first OB visit Tuesday. 

none right now 

we have a few that we rotate thru and watch over and over. Office / Parks and Rec / Frazier / Modern Family / Lost with a few years in between. I also love to binge watch cooking shows like Chopped / Master Chef 

@BuckeyeNut05 I think that sounds about right (11wks). I am also eagerly awaiting because I am super impatient and can’t wait to start calling baby by a “real” name and start planning nursery decor, etc. 

@char245 et al, ditto to not wanting to wish time away but also so anxious to get to that pseudo safe place! 

RE outlander: I tried to get into this show, the scenery and Jamie are sooo gorg but I just couldn’t get past some of the brutality. I have heard it gets tamed down in one of the seasons though? 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options

@myjessesgirl yes – mine have that same red coating and I’m trying not to let it stress me out!

@mamakate1616 yes, the brutality is definitely something I struggled with as well, and the second season is pretty rough too, in fact **TW** there is pregnancy loss involved in the second season of the show.

• Options
    Thanks @mamakate1616 and @brookepdavis, that makes sense.  I feel like that is the last hurdle that will make me finally feel comfortable and breathe a sigh of relief.  I am team green, but trust me it will kill me not to know until March!  
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 I agree. I'm finding out the sex, but more importantly getting those good test results back are what made it feel real last time. I'm hoping this time it will do the same. I refuse to tell anyone other than immediate family until I get that confirmation that everything is okay.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm really happy for all of you who have passed milestones, had good ultrasounds, or seen healthy heartbeats! <3 

1. How many weeks are you? Have you passed any milestones? 5 weeks 2 days today.  I won't hit any milestones til 9 weeks so still a ways to go.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically I'm feeling kinda gross, but it comes and goes. For the last few days my main symptoms have been fatigue, sore boobs, and irritability. I get nauseous on and off, but nothing too severe yet, and food is starting to become less appealing.  Emotionally I still feel like I'm on a rollercoaster ride, but it is getting better, and I feel more hopeful. Last week, I felt just sad - not worried, not flip flopping with excitement, just plain sad - for several days in a row, so I broke down and shared the news with my mom. That made me feel a lot better. She never had a MC but she understood how I was feeling about this pregnancy, and told me that if I couldn't be excited yet, she'd do it for me until I catch up lol. Which was actually really comforting. 

First appointment on 8/7. I also see my endocrinologist's NP tomorrow morning but I dunno what we'll even talk about - I already did labs for my thyroid and levels were a little off so I started on meds.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really!

Parks & Rec (in case you couldn't tell from my username/avatar lol), The Office, any one of the many fascinating true crime documentary series on Netflix.. :)
  • Options
    1.How many weeks are you? Have you passed any milestones?
    7 weeks 4 days
    Right now okay.  Having a lot more symptoms so physically just eating gold fish alllll day
    Next Friday! It's almost here
    Nothing this week
    I really like The Crown
  • Options
    @oneday2019 Be sure to check out the "PSA: Ritz Cracker Recall" thread because several types of goldfish have recently been recalled due to concerns about salmonella. I'd hate for you to be eating any tainted ones!
  • Options
    kpn201kpn201 member
    4 weeks, 4 days! Still really early, but exciting nonetheless. No milestones yet.

Feeling good physically, a lot more fatigued than usual- lack of caffeine is already taking a toll.. Mentally I am great! Very happy!

First appointment is on August 8th.

Not at the moment! 

New Girl, Friends, or Parks and Rec! 
  • Options
    Well, I broke down and got some zofran. I couldn’t get out of bed today, waking up only to vomit, and I knew I had a night shift tonight... I feel so much better!! 
    I’m still nervous that I’m just now 6 weeks this could get a lot worse.
    With my miscarriage I was pretty nauseated and my HCG never got high. My OB told me that when we did stay pregnant that I was going to be miserable because I must be sensitive. I know that it means this is probably going better, but I keep remembering what he said...

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @3rdtime_charmed - FX the zofran keeps helping and it doesn't get much worse for you! I take the sickness feeling as reassurance too that it must be going better this time (b/c I definitely wasn't this sick last time) but I know it's hard. hang in there mama!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Hey ladies, I’m not a loss/IF mom but I have a few friends that are and I’m struggling with how to eventually tell them about my pregnancy. I’m hoping you could provide some of your own experiences with what softens the blow, or at least the most respectful way to deal it?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme I had two people very close to me get pregnant after my loss in February. One of my best friends chose to text me her news so I had time to process and didn’t have to put on a happy face when she dropped the news. I very much appreciated her thinking of me and how I would take the news. My cousin told me her news in person, but very cautiously. A little more time had passed when she announced, so it was a little easier. TBH, every single pregnancy announcement hurt, but those close to me acknowledged that it was likely going to be hard for me and took the time to tell me in a way that was respectful of those feelings. 
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed I did the same. Only it doesn't work that great for me so I still have some nausea. :(
  • Options
    5wks 2 days

Feeling pretty good! Mainly just tired a lot. Mentally good, besides my husband driving me crazy pretty much telling me I can't do anything lol

August 10th ultrasound

Feeling fortunate to be here after failed fertility and IVF. Still a little surreal at the moment. 

Binge watching Friday Night Lights and Nashville. :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @meggyme As someone that has gone thru IVF and struggled, I'd probably reach out to your friends one on one before any public announcements. I'm sure they will be really excited for you and appreciate it. At the same time, I'm sure sad for themselves. It may take them a minute to process it all and come to terms, but don't take it personally. It's a weird situation, I was always so happy for friends, but sad for myself at the same time. Hopefully soon your friends will have the same joy to share with you :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @meggyme I think it just depends on the relationship.  Do what feels right to you.

One of my very best friends had to tell me she was pregnant during my miscarriage (I was out of town and staying with her when it happened) and she just told me and was very up front about it but I appreciated her being honest.  

That same friend later lost her baby after having an emergency c-section due to pre-eclampsia and I ended up telling her that I was pregnant via text so she could process before I saw her this past week.

I think your friends will be happy for you even though it stings (but that's just me).  
  • Options
    mappowellmappowell member
    edited July 2018
    @meggyme

as someone who had to back to back losses before my rainbow baby I have to agree with @purpleteacher82 and say that I appreciated hearing the news not in person but one on one, email/text/ some way I could process and be devastated all over again and not have to pretend to be happy, because I just couldn’t be at the time, my wounds were so fresh. I had to unfollow anyone on Facebook who was pregnant and seeing pregnant people was so hard. I work with infants and seeing the infants moms come in a nurse was so crushing but I had to push through. I’m always shocked when people say “well they should just be happy for you even if they have had losses they should support you.” I mean I guess we should, but we are humans and it’s very hard to not feel emotionally gutted when you’ve had losses or infertility issues and you see your friends getting pregnant all around you.

Sorry I have a 2.5 year old now and so far I’m 9 weeks with a healthy bean but this topic will probably forever be fresh for me...It was the most trying time of my life❤️❤️
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 @BuckeyeNut05 @kristimh80 @mappowell thank you all for your insight. The one friend in particular that I’m concerned about had an unsuccessful embryo transfer with her last embryo recently, so I’m concerned how she’ll take it. We don’t currently have plans to see them soon, but I will definitely send her a text message before we do. Thanks again.
  • Options
    I think it is so kind of you to think of them.  That in it self means a ton.  I'm with the previous reply.  Don't add them to a group text.  Send them something on their own.  Acknowledge the hard but let them know they are so important that you want them to be as involved as they'd like.  You are a great friend!
  • Options
    @meggyme I agree with much of the above. But really I have been surprised at how easy it was to deal with pregnancies (and LO) in people that I care about, and that care about me.

The fact that you understand they may not instantly and always react positively is really the important part.

One of my all time favorite people got pregnant and had her baby, and I had two losses during that same period. And when I held her son for the first time (at less than 2 weeks old, and in the same month as my second loss), all I had was love for him. But she didn’t just spring him on me, she asked me first if I wanted to see him, and I knew if I said no, that would be ok.

Personally, I have rarely been challenged by the people I like!! It’s all the sort of acquaintances, in laws, etc that I am not crazy about seeing their pregnancy announcements. I have been thrilled to be a part of the lives of children when I love their parents.  

Some people have actually commented on my distance from them. My aunt is always going on and on about my cousins kids, and then asking me why I don’t spend more time with her. I finally politely told her one day about our TTC history and explained that it can be hard to be inundated with it all sometimes, and she was actually way more understanding than I thought she would be.

if people know they can pull away when they need to, and they have permission to tell you when it’s all too much...all will probably be fine.

one last bit of advice, I didn’t realize I would write a novel... when a different cousin was pregnant, she never ever complained about her symptoms in front of our aunt that was never able to be pregnant and desperate to have children. She told me she was just thankful she could do it. I was so impressed by her sensitivity.

I am the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family, 17 first cousins. My husband is already a great Uncle without being a dad.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @3rdtime_charmed that last bit is a great addition! It’s easy to think that telling them is the hard part, but it is a continued effort to be sensitive to their feelings.
  • Options
    Well, today is my farthest loss milestone. I’m certainly still very sick, and while I am suffering from MS, and have even lost a couple pounds now,I just try to remember that this puking just means that everything is likely ok. I certainly wasn’t this sick with either of my previous losses.
    I sent husband to the pharmacy yesterday for unisom, but he bought the wrong one. It hasn’t been bad enough that I have to take more zofran, mostly because I haven’t had to work the last few days. I have to go into town today and will get the right unisom, hopefully it works and tomorrow is better!! If not, I can see my doctor a little early on Thursday to make sure I’m not heading towards hyperemesis.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]