Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester check-in w/o July 23 – New Leader Needed

Hi Ladies…as I have come to the realization that I have less than 3 weeks to my due date I’m thinking it might be a good time to pass the torch to anyone who might be willing to lead the weekly posts.  Thank you :) 

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

• How far along? EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Any upcoming appointments? 
  • GTKY:  Books!  Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood you look forward to sharing with your LO.  Have you read or plan to read any parenting/baby care books in preparation for the baby?
  • As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!
If you're just joining us please post a: 
  • Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
  • How many babies you are pregnant with
  • If you know the gender(s)
  • How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
  • Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have
 Please let me know if you need to be added to the list below:
@Irisheyes81 EDD 8/4 with a little girl
@2MomsHoping EDD 8/12 team green
@laurad75 EDD 8/20 with a little boy
@sarcasticowl EDD 8/23 with a little girl
@lablover78 EDD 9/1 with a little boy
@hottietoddie EDD 9/5 with a little boy
@gfgrump EDD 9/6 with a little boy
@sarzee2 EDD 9/10 (inducing early 9/4 or 9/5) team green 
@BusinessWife EDD 9/9 team green
@adirat EDD 9/15 with a little boy
@chicandbubbly EDD 10/1 with a little girl
@halfanewt EDD 10/3 team green

@klyn7 EDD 10/6/18 team green
Me:38 DW:33 
TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
 * June IUI#2 - BFN
 * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
 * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
 * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
 * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
 * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
 * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
2018 DD born 8/20/18
2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
  * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

Re: 3rd Trimester check-in w/o July 23 – New Leader Needed

• Loading the player...
  • -lurking while bebe naps-
    books!!! Our nursery is a Madeline theme as was the baby shower. Obv. Madeline is one of my all time favorites, but we were also fans of The Pokey Little Puppy, Mr. Dog, Corduroy and Harry the Dirty Dog. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• How far along? EDD? 29+5, 10/3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Still feeling pretty good, though I had to sit so much at a conference this weekend that my tailbone started to hurt. Ugh. Looking forward to stretching and workout time when I get home. Hopefully I can get that to go away! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Just a checkup Wednesday
    • GTKY:  Books!  Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood you look forward to sharing with your LO.  Have you read or plan to read any parenting/baby care books in preparation for the baby? I love the artwork in the Hungry Caterpillar, then looking forward to the Bunnicula series and so many more! 
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited July 2018

@2MomsHoping wow 3 weeks so excited for you! I am happy to hear you are feeling more prepared, been thinking of you. I bet you are more on the ball than you feel.  Sounds like you really went above and beyond dealing with family this weekend and great job. I'm so glad your mom was great and you liked your shower! I am so exhausted by my in laws and my mom and I've been locked in my house since like week 10 or so....so I hear ya.  I think all my relationships just have to change and I'm going to have to limit interaction.  Just try and hopefully take advantage of some help and the good.  My therapist said I need to work on not taking things personally and letting things go. She says some things may be a lost cause and just have to avoid some people.  I have been working on the letting go and not caring as much last week when feel anxious about the same things you are and it has been helping.  I figure even if the kid sees his grandparents here and there and they watch him and help a little it can't be that bad.  But yeah, they aren't going to be on speed dial....lol.  

One funny thing: We had friends with 3 kids ask us last weekend if my mom or mother in law is going to come stay at our house for a few weeks when baby comes.  I literally laughed and was like 'whaaaa!?  No, absolutely not'.  Then I got this look of surprise and pity as if I don't have any family.  I said my mom lives nearby and will be around.  We are independent people so that is literally my worst nightmare.  Also fyi- my therapist said that she has a client that made a rule that it was just her and baby and father for a week when baby was born.  She said she just set the boundary and said that is what she needed.  So it is doable and can be healthy if that is what you want!  I say f it at this point personally, these MILs are just having to learn it's now up to us how much time we spend. I think it is just a major shift in power and they are going to be throwing fits for years to come. I personally just have to get used to saying no and ignoring the manipulation which is the part I can control.  

How far along? EDD?  34 weeks tomorrow, due date sometime week 37-39 so Aug 14th to Aug 28th 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Same hip and back pain, limping around. Also RL pain and this Friday and Saturday had what I think is stomach issues. They were so bad though wasn't sure if they were contractions. Might have been some Braxton Hicks, but I took mylanta and it went away both times.  So I'm thinking it was bad gas and maybe some constipation but he's getting so big it just hurts even more. Sigh.... Anyway- liquid extra strength mylanta y'all.  Get some! It works on heart burn but also gas which is a life saver! Been taking as preventative at 3pm daily since Saturday when was scared having contractions.  Can take 3 times a day so also doing in evening before bed as needed. 

• Been very tired and just trying to enjoy and relax some.  I just go into full 'takin' care of business' mode when anxious and trying to calm down some and chill.   Hospital bag is 90% packed and car seat installed.  Proud of myself for backing off and letting my husband and I relax on Sunday. We went to brunch and target where I rode the rascal around and picked out my hospital bag snacks myself. Which was so fun for some reason, then just did some laundry and watched movies rest of day. 
    •  upcoming appointments? Perinatal appointment tomorrow. I really like the sono tech and looking forward to asking doctor what she thinks about timing plan for clerclage removal and inducing as well as size of baby. 
    • GTKY:  Books!  Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood you look forward to sharing with your LO.  Have you read or plan to read any parenting/baby care books in preparation for the baby?
    My favorite book is called 'small pig' by Arnold lobel. My dad would read it to me and I still have the original one he read so looking forward to reading it to William. 
    • As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!
    This  pic below is an example of the never ending to do list. Got these little outfits for pictures.  Bear is newborn and fox is 3-6 month size. Hand washed them and drying them in preparation.  Because obvi I can't have this baby unless this is done! Haha.  Also prepping and buying some lost accessories for my fancy digital slr camera. Going to try and have hubby take some pregnancy pics of me next weekend then plan to do newborn pics ourselves. Can also see the cute bear crib sheets we got. My hubby likes them I can tell hee hee. Also my brother and SIL got us a very generous professional house cleaning gift certificate this weekend. It is enough for 2 full cleanings or a really deep clean. I feel so thankful about that and takes a lot of work for next month or two off our plate. Also bump pic in spoiler. 

edited July 2018
    @Irisheyes81 sounds like you are ready! *Cheers with nipple cream container!*  Haha   I also find it very hard to let people help and not listen to their bs- good job letting them clean your house! 

@sarzee2 pregger kegger sounds awesome! 

@Dragonfly6191 welcome one boy and one girl how exciting! Might be harder but wow you get two out of this deal! 
  • @hottietoddy I love that dress! You look great! The bear and fox outfits are just precious and will be worth it for a photo shoot.  You reminded me that I need to install a car seat.  Don't worry though, I washed all the 6-9 month clothes this weekend but can't leave the hospital without the car seat.  I also packed my suitcase like I live in the 3rd world and won't have access to anything.  I'm sure the box of breast pads and nose frida will come in handy (insert eye roll).  Yet, I can't sleep without knowing they are packed.  Nesting is a real thing but doesn't seem very practical.  At least for me. :) 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• How far along? EDD? 30 weeks and a few days! Oct. 1st but I’m thinking she will be a September baby.. who knows! 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling pretty good overall but my bump has grown a lot these last few weeks so I am starting to feel a little more uncomfortable. My OB recommended a liquid iron (Floradix) that doesn’t make me feel sick so that has helped a lot too! We got our double stroller a few days ago so that was an exciting purchase and the nursery is slowly coming along. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I have a quick OB visit this morning. I’m kind of bummed because last appointment I asked if I have another ultrasound coming up (last one was 20 weeks) and she said if everything continues as it is then I may not even have another one!!! With my son I was getting ultrasounds every two weeks due to his 2 vessel cord. While I’m SO thankful to have it be smooth sailing this time around I’m sad not to see my girl!!! 
    • GTKY:  Books!  Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood you look forward to sharing with your LO.  Have you read or plan to read any parenting/baby care books in preparation for the baby? I am a huge reader myself and my son loves books so I am so looking forward to sharing the love of reading with little sis! Im reading Grace Not Perfection by Emily Ley now...not a specific parenting tips book but it definitely reflects on parenting and it’s a good read! The “What to Expect” books have been a good resource during the last seventeen months as well. 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Klyn7Klyn7 member
    • How far along? EDD? 28+3, October 6th. 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I feel mostly good, starting to get tired again. I am dreading the return to work, though. I teach kindergarten and will go back next week for a few days of training. I'll probably go in earlier in the week to start setting up the classroom, too. It's been awesome to have this time off over the summer. 
    • I also found a pretty easy yoga video available for streaming on Amazon Prime, for anyone who is interested in but nervous about yoga. Most of the chapters are about stretching and just opening up your joints, and there are a few breathing exercises as well. I'm not claiming to know what childbirth and labor are like, but I think it will be helpful. It's called "Pregnancy Yoga with Tara Lee".
    • I put the unborn kid on a waitlist for childcare a few days ago. I can't believe that's how hard it is to get in somewhere, but I'm glad it's done and I feel really good about the place we chose. One place I checked in with had a waitlist of 2 years. How is that even possible...?
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not right now, though Kaiser thinks it's super helpful to remind me three weeks in advance.
    • GTKY:  Books!  Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood you look forward to sharing with your LO.  Have you read or plan to read any parenting/baby care books in preparation for the baby?  I have also read Bringing Up Bebe and I loved it. It's a good story. Another one I liked was Happiest Baby on the Block, which was highly recommended to me by parents whose 4 month old is sleeping super well... I thought the helpful info could have been consolidated into 1 or 2 chapters, but it was helpful nonetheless. Those parents also recommended Precious Little Sleep for later on, but I haven't read it yet.
    *TW*
    Me: 36 DH: 34 Dx: MFI, TTC since 2014
    3 IVF retrievals.
    PGS and PGD results from 9 embryos: 1 genetically normal embryo.
    April 2017 transfer. BFP! M/C 11 weeks.
    Donor embryo program: January 2018 transfer. BFP, EDD 10/6/18

• @dragonfly6191 congratulations!!!  Twins can be tricky business I’m glad you are holding up ok and you’ve made to the 3rd trimester.  Best wishes that your growth scan tomorrow goes well. 

@sarzee2 My mom is so good at navigating negativity and crazy stressful situations I’m hoping after I have the baby somewhere in my genetics that mom superpower will turn on…one can always hope.  Lol.  I hope the wedding was fun but I understand how at any event at this stage you can feel a little like your own spectacle.  It’s amazing what people say to pregnant women…I think it’s always said with good intent to “prepare” but at the same time it can just come off as overwhelming or scary instead of supportive.  P.S. I also look forward to reading the harry potter books.  And if it’s a girl Anne of Green Gables.

OMG @laurad75 I remember the bunny book!!  I think a lot of the golden books are making a comeback I hope you are able to find a copy. 

@mbradfo2 I love all the doggie books. We got Corduroy and Harry and the Dirty dog for the shower.  I actually haven’t read either yet!  I love children’s books some of them pack such a punch in a short time and the illustrations can be so beautiful!

@halfanewt I’ve never heard of the bunnicula series so I had to google.  Oh my goodness hilariously adorable a vampire bunny that drinks vegetable juice?!?! I just can’t take it too cute!

@hottietoddy it is such a tightrope to walk with the parents/in-laws and figuring out where the right boundaries are to set.  I really value the relationship with my mom and to a certain extent I tolerate more from my dad to make her life easier.  Though there is crazy there is also lots of love so I try to set my limits but still include in a way that can be healthy for me, and really learning to let go.  When I was in therapy I worked out a lot about my childhood, boundaries, and check-in in with myself about what I want, what I can tolerate, and where to set firm limits.  In the beginning my tolerance was low and my limits were strict.  As I have gotten older I am able to let more go so I can tolerate more and be more flexible with my limits while still keeping myself healthy and sane.  Forgiveness has been a real game changer for me.  This isn’t to say I don’t get upset I completely do but I don’t get AS upset as I used to and I don’t hold on to it and let it poison me like I used to.  I wish I had some words of wisdom to give on how to do this…for me it was a sorta combination of life kicking my butt, therapy, focusing on being grateful, appreciation in nature, and inspirational Pinterest quotes.  It’s always a moving target and you are doing great.  You are checking in with yourself, taking care of your family, and your priorities are in line.  Keep at it.  It will get easier to navigate.    Also those little outfits…COMPLETELY ADORABLE and your bump is looking great!!!

@Irisheyes81 I feel like the time has flown by.  I I’m not feeling quite ready to have the baby yet but I’m hoping I get there in a couple of weeks.  I’ve been feeling pretty lucky.  I think I’ve been so sick with the nausea this whole pregnancy and the flu, and the cold, and all that that for me that the second half of the 8th month and now the 9th month are actually the best I have felt the whole pregnancy (which I understand is insanely weird) but I’m taking whatever I can get!  I’m glad you are ready to go.  I think we will be able to prioritize and wrap up the essentials this weekend…that is if I make some decisions and place that amazon order tonight.

@klyn7 I encountered the childcare waitlist nightmare as well.  Our first choice one was over a year, but actually already came through for us because they are adding a second infant room this September.  We got so lucky.  I’ve also heard that the waitlists move quicker than expected.  Often in tight markets people have their name on multiple lists (I know we did this) to see what comes through so when they get a call they decline the spot and the center moves on to the next person.  You can always leave your name on a list if you got into another care center to have an option available down the road if things aren’t as you expected with the place you choose.  We did this with our other favorite place (though it wasn’t our first choice because of price), but I wanted an option later just in case.  I’ve been wanting to ready the happiest baby on the block…I have it just haven’t read it.  I sometimes feel for these books the publisher says you must write 200 pages even though the helpful material is only 1/10 of that.  I wish they had a cliff notes version…lol us moms to be are busy!

@gfgrump we got Marlon bundo as a gift too!!!!  I guess it’s a big one now but I’ve never heard of it until I received it and I loved it! We also got a lot of books about famous women and a little feminist’s collection, and science and engineering books. Books have certainly changed since in the last 30something years since I was a kid!

Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Ladies, I feel super behind the times on this, but what did everyone decide on for breast pump? I have lots of options with my insurance, but would also just buy one outright if I couldn't get what I wanted.
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • @gfgrump I ordered Marlon Bundo when I saw it on John Oliver and think it's hilarious and really cute.  I'm trying to find books with non "traditional" family messages.  It is 2018 afterall. 

@sarzee2 I have a medela from a friend and got the Ameda Finesse from insurance. I heard amazing things about the Spectra S2.  I thought about buying it outright since my insurance doesn't cover it.  Medela seems to be the go to and is nice because you can get all the replacement parts from target if need be.  I saw good reviews on the Ameda but it seems like moms on message boards and stuff hate it.  I got it in the mail and it is much easier to clean and put together than the Medela so who knows. 
    • TTC since June 2016
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 

• I was able to get the upgrade to spectra 1, which has a cordless (rechargeable battery) option, and I just went through aeroflow.  Let me know and I think maybe there's a coupon code I can share?  Others have also said theres a battery pack available for the spectra 2 on Amazon. @sarzee2

@hottietoddy  oof, uhm yeah, team, "get the anaesthesia," all the way.  Eep!  :# glad to hear baby is getting nice and big!
  • lablover78lablover78 member
    edited July 2018
    Hi ladies,

34+ week’s today, feeling decent this week. OB tomorrow and then my 2nd NST on Friday. Have to go on a 4 hr drive for work Sunday but DH is driving me thank goodness. Hoping I can make it there and back without any surprises. That’s my last work trip before babes arrives! Temps in AZ have been brutal.

GTKY- I loved the Shel Silverstein books as a kid. I loved Anne of Green Gables! Have you been watching Anne with an E on Netflix? my friend just gave me Goodnight Boston since that’s where we are from and that makes me happy! 

I got the Spectra S1 on my Humana nurse’s recommendation. I think I went through Pumping Essentials and paid $29 or $39 for the upgrade. I’ll be working pretty much immediately so the higher the power the better for me. There is a great thread on this group that’s pretty recent all about pumps, accessories etc too.

TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • adiratadirat member
    @irisheyes81 You are getting close! The next few days will suck, yes, but they are SO temporary. Good luck!

I also ordered the Spectra through Aeroflow. I only had to pay a $20 copay. The Spectra was well reviewed and on the quieter side which was a priority for me. 

• Ok I feel much better that so many of you have said you got the Spectra. That's the one I was leaning towards too cause 1) it's cute, 2) it's lighter (and any pounds I can save when I'm back to work and on the subway is a win for me) and 3) it seems to be the strongest since it's hospital grade. Everyone I know in real life has the Medela but I just didn't feel sold on it. I can only get the S2 Plus with the companies my insurance works with, but that's ok since I don't drive and don't anticipate needing to take long trips where I'll need a battery adaptor, at least not for a while. THANKS EVERYONE!!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
    edited July 2018
    @sarzee2 I am going to rent the hospital grade medela to start with out of the gate, then might buy the Spectra if breast feeding works out well for me.  I have a friend who works in the lactation consultant department of the hospital and she recommended I buy the Spectra.  I just was nervous to pull the trigger and then not be successfull with breast feeding.  Hard to spend the money up front not knowing. With PCOS I just don't know how it will go and the upgrade for me was about $250.  Renting isn't cheap either but I figure I can start there.  It helps me relax that I can just pick up everything I need at the hospital lactation store as I leave the hospital as well. 

@Irisheyes81 thank you, you are almost there lady! I hear you about the clothing dilemas....I bet you look cuter than you think you do, but so sorry about that swelling.  We will both be done with this pregnancy stuff soon and have babies! haha.  I hear you on weekends they are so freaking boring and all I do is chores for the baby prep.  I'm trying hard to focus too but feel like just laying down and eating all day. 

@laurad75 congrats on a boring appointment!  sometimes those are the best kind.

@BusinessWife thank you for the encouragement.  Yeah 6 lbs man, He's so heavy!

@lablover78 good idea to have your DH drive you. It has been 110 here in texas and definately be careful.  Maybe remember to take lots of snacks and tons of water and maybe try and get out and walk a bit.  I bet you will because you'll have to stop to go to the bathroom!  I tend to try not to drink water on a road trip and you'll need to.  Wishing you luck on the trip and hope it can be as comfy as possible.  I'm so nervous driving 15 mins away, you are very brave!  I am a weenie though for sure. 
  • @sarzee2 My co worker has the spectra and it is for sure the best pump.  It's quiet and super efficient.  I wish I could have qualified for it.  The spectra is totally the winner.

@hottietoddy thanks for the encouragement.  We will have babies so soon but boy oh boy! This human making thing is no joke.  I also have PCOS and I'm super worried about breast feeding.  I really want to breast feed but know that it might just be yet another limitation. Are you insulin resistant? I'm not so my OB said it might be okay but my testosterone is pretty high. 
    • TTC since June 2016

• 10 days will hopefully fly by for you @irisheyes81! Thinking of you and hope everything goes smoothly!!! So many of you are so close- so exciting- wishing you all quick and safe deliveries. Can’t wait to see all the cute newborn pics!! 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @sarzee2 I decided to go with the Spectra 1 too!  When I was doing my research I really thought the willow pump was cool, if I stick with breastfeeding/pumping I might buy it for myself as a go back to work present.

@hottietoddy sounds like the board will be having a little baby boom mid-august :)  It will be fun to see what order we all shake out in.  I think any kind of change of plans is hard to deal with in pregnancy.  You are ready for this and you will do awesome! 

@lablover78 you are still doing work trips!?!  That’s hardcore.  I watched the first season of Anne with an E on netflix and adored it I saw season 2 came out but I’m“saving it” for early labor or to watch during maternity leave.  I’m a little obsessed with Anne of Green Gables.  When I was a little girl I wanted to be just like Anne and would play make believe talking like she did in the books.

@laurad75 yay for boring OB visits.  Glad things are looking good :)

@irisheyes81 I think my hormones are crazy because I started sympathy tearing up about your yogurt pants.  I’m sure the days are dragging but you will get there, just one foot in front of the other and one day at a time.  Don’t feel guilty about the infertility empty arms I should be thankful for every moment thing.  Some parts of pregnancy and parenthood are totally miserable.  Just because you are thankful for this baby on the way doesn’t mean you aren’t entitled to a little bit of complaining when things stink.  It is totally possible to be grateful for the baby AND not like that your body feels like it’s been blown up and hit by a truck.  Also you HAVE NOT GAINED 50lbs.  Your swollen full of water, extra blood, amniotic fluid and a human child in there.  All those things have weight so your weight gain is probably not as bad as you think it is and besides you can deal with that later it will be ok. 

AFM.  Remember how I said yesterday that the last couple weeks of the 8th months and the 9th month so far have been the best of pregnancy.  Well someone should have slapped me for opening my big mouth.  The baby definitely dropped yesterday.  Like really dropped my belly is so low.  All evening and today I have had shooting pains in my lady bits and back.  My feet have become so swollen that I was only able to wedge them into a pair of old Birkenstocks with the straps on the widest hole (and they are still making indents)…my only other choice was wearing crocs to work.  In related news I think I might be wearing crocs to work tomorrow.  I’m having Braxton hicks like crazy and in meetings I can’t sit still because I’m so uncomfortable from the cramps and stabbing pains.  I’ve been so convinced that this baby is going to be late, and now I’m worried that I won’t even make it to my due date.  I went into panic mode and had DW installing the car seat in the dark last night and we were up until 2am putting in amazon orders for post-partum supplies and writing up the birth plan (I’m very worried about coming off as high maintenance and annoying the nurses).  We had the hospital tour today and I’m a bit bummed about it.  I hate hospitals I wish things would have worked out to switch to the birthing center everything looks exactly like a hospital room none of the fancy hotel room/spa style that is in style now.  Some of the rooms overlook my hospital across the street so I can literally see my coworkers in the cafeteria from some of the rooms.  This was a very unwelcome surprise logically I know there is tint on the windows and they can't see me but me being able to see them totally set off some kind of panic in my primal brain.  DW is in charge of doing whatever needs to be done to make sure we get on the opposite side of the hallway the only way they will get me in one of those rooms would be to sedate me.  On the upside I did learn more about the security for visitors and feel much better that I will be able to keep the coworker parade out of my room.  I hope everything goes smoothly with labor and I can beg to leave after 1 night so I can be safe at home in my own environment to bond and heal. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Thanks @chicaandbubbly!! 

@2MomsHoping OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! You can SEE your coworkers?! That would be horrifying.  Especially since you didn't even want to be in a hospital setting! That is crazy and I hope your wife can convince them to give you a room that doesn't look at your JOB.  There is nothing relaxing or comfortable about that.  I think you might have a baby before me!!! It sounds like the baby engaged in your pelvis and those lightning pains and back pain is a huge indication things are moving.  Trust me, I've looked it up 20 times this week hoping I have SOME symptoms and don't.  I love that you are going to wear crocks to work. I have these huge shoes that look like boats and I squeeze my cabbage patch feet in them on the daily.  They look stupid and hurt.  I feel like you are next!!!!! Which car seat did you get?  I packed a hospital bag and had no idea what to put in there. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I feel guilty constantly which doesn't help anyone or anything. These last few weeks have just been so hard physically!  
    • TTC since June 2016

• @sarzee2 I'm so overwhelmed by the breast pump thing myself. And then I started looking into it and it turns out I can't get it until I actually give birth. WTF insurance? I mean, I'm sure it's not a big deal, but that just seems dumb. I think I can set up the order before, which I will likely do, but I was just so annoyed I was like, I can't deal with this right now.

I feel like we need a spreadsheet of all the great books that people suggested. I loooved the bunnicula series. I used to read them to my 2nd/3rd graders and they thought they were hilarious. I haven't thought about that series in a long time.

Sounds like baby boom is coming our way soon. I'm sure you are all very ready. I feel ready and I'm only almost 34 weeks.  But then today, we did a NST and they saw two times where the heart rate dropped during a contraction and now they want to bring me back in Friday. She said the rest of it looked fine, although she was a little concerned about how many contractions I was having.  Then they didn't actually have any appts for Friday but said they'd call me tomorrow.  Eh, I think it's probably fine, but then she mentioned it could mean placental issues which is why we're doing these so early bc of an early PAPPA and anything related to placenta scares me. Also that was my other loss. So I'm trying to just remain calm, and wait for friday.  Part of me is like, can I just have this baby already, but I know logically he needs to stay in a few more weeks.

I'm also stressed bc of family stuff. My mom has alzheimers and apparently has gone downhill pretty drastically over the past few months and I can't travel so I can't go see her. And my brother who does live near my parents apparently is dealing with so much anxiety between, his kids and my parents that he's throwing up every morning. Yet another situation I can't really do anything about.

@Irisheyes81 I am also exhausted like the first trimester. Being on vacation is great, but that's only for another 2 weeks. But I also feel this stress, like I keep sleeping late and taking naps and I'm barely using my vacation or enjoying my last moments of kid-free time.  I also had the moment where I realized that this weekend is the anniversary of my first retrieval, which was the same day as the marathon, and when I saw signs of the marathon for this weekend, it reminded me. What a difference a year makes. And I hate to complain, bc I'm exactly where I hoped I'd be (and kind of never believed would happen.)

Anyway, we're almost there, ya'll.  Just gotta hang on a little longer. And then we'll be complaining about lack of sleep...=)
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• @Irisheyes81 omg cabbage patch feet made me laugh so hard I pee’d a little. Then I went to the bathroom and DW asked what I was laughing about and I tried to tell her but kept laughing so hard I peed a little more. That’s exactly how mine look I have creases by my toes and around my kancles. You should have seen me on the tour. When I looked out the window I believe my exact words were oh f*ck no. I should have thought of this...I mean I know the children’s hospital is connected to the women’s hospital makes a ton of sense But I guess I never imagined the post partum floors would be the same exact level as our main public open space floor which has the cafeteria and conference center floor. (Sigh seriously like 40 feet apart). It’s a big hospital. They have 108 postpartum rooms I’m sure they can accommodate me. Besides the other side has lake views so I’ll just have extra reason for to get one with a good view!  We got a Nuna pipa light lx. Another one of DW’s researching and splurges.  I didn’t like the Mesa which matched the uppababy vista stroller we got. It was too heavy. The nuna can still be used with the vista we just needed to buy an adapter ring. I really like the car seat because it had a really nice base with a leg that goes to the floor for extra safety, it has a shade that goes over the whole front so you don’t have to mess with covers and it’s one of the lightest on the market. On the downside it needs to be used with the base only so if you do a lot of cabs or uber it wouldn’t work. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @gfgrump sounds like you may be going earlier than you thought!  I’ve heard that if you are having contractions that its actually quite normal for the heartbeat to drop as long as it comes back up and sometimes they will want you to change positions so it doesn’t drop as much.  Of course I understand that its pretty much impossible to freak out.  Even if baby comes now 34weeks is awesome and all should be well.  I’m so sorry to hear your mom isn’t doing well.  When there is nothing you can do it can be so heartbreaking and frustrating.  I’m sending good vibes your way. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping thx for your words of encouragement. Yesterday was a pretty shitty day but today has started off better. We also got the pipa lite car seat. I'm a little worried about the inability to use it without the base like going on a weekend trip or something, but I guess we'll just figure it out if needed.  I mean I suppose we could just pay to check the base. Im like obsessing over things that I don't even know if I need. Like which umbrella stroller to get, which are always available used and I won't need for many months. That's also crazy about being able to see your coworkers from a delivery room. But I bet you really won't be thinking about that at all.

@Irisheyes81 I also need to pack a hospital bag. Dh found some crazy list online but there's some dumb shit on there so im not sure I trust it.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• @2MomsHoping I bet you said f*ck no! And loud! I can't imagine the idea of even thinking a whole floor of co workers could see you. Do they have access to when you go in to the hospital? How uncomfortable.  I know you wanted to do a birth center or at least a hospital that is a little more zen like.  I drive extra just to have a more living room looking hospital.  Although, the surgery rooms are very very hospital (makes sense) so in the event of a c section, the living room is out. I'm glad you got a laugh out of cabbage patch feet and can relate to the insane swelling situation.  Remember the time we were doing transfers and didn't even THINK it would be August when we were 9 months pregnant? I don't even think it crossed my mind.  I just looked up the nuna pipa.  That thing is next level fancy! The bar going down looks so safe.  What color did you get? How are you feeling?  

@gfgrump sounds like it could be very soon for you too! Pardon my ignorance but, what is PAPPA? So sorry about your mom. It must feel really helpless going having family out of town that needs you. What color car seat did you get? I can’t believe both of you got that one!! I’d never heard of it. I got the key fit because it had good safety ratings and is pretty light. It isn’t anything special.

• TTC since June 2016

edited July 2018
    You ladies crack me up and reading all this has helped cheer me up tonight. I had a shitty day, I think the news of baby coming soon just got me very anxious and now depressed a little.  I missed my endo appointment and I'm begging my doctor to just call me so I don't have to go next week.  I DRAGGED myself to the OB for NST and tdapp vaccine.   They pressured me to come and I think they were right, but it was hard. Then canceled my 5pm conference call 15 in when guy was late.  My arm hurt and I felt awful and I wasn't going to be amiable.  Just going to call him tomorrow.  I haven't felt this tired and just done since first trimester so I think I'm right there with you all.  Some days I just don't feel good and I give myself permission not to.  I think it makes me depressed a little too. Definitely having to cancel all plans makes me anxious.  My hubby did agree to take me to all doctor appointments until baby is here though so that way I make them in coming weeks. He is just going to have to take off work. We also finalized a plan for his time off/ working at home. 

I just get down that I'm not perfect.  Knowing I have to get spinal anesthesia and be induced makes me feel less successful than others. It is silly but the cherry on top of many dissapointments with my body the last few years.  I just need to be patient with my body and accept myself and be thankful for what I can do. I did make a healthy baby so far and although it wasn't a magical happy sparkling journey, I am doing it. So cerclage removal is scheduled! Some lady in the office mentioned maybe doing it at 36 weeks because 'that is what they typically do'.  I just told them don't open that can of worms because a) I don't need to coordinate the opinion of 3 doctors again and 37 has been approved b) I really want that extra week to finish a work project and relax. After this journey I'm just going to be confident in my decision.  Hey I was even nice to the nurse scheduling and didn't hate her like last time! (Small improvement)

Hospital bag- I just have to say I'd been putting this off for weeks, but felt much better making some progress last weekend. So if you can rip off the band-aid and do it, it is calming.  I think it is hard to face it because it means you are going to the hospital. Hah. I mean who WANTS to go to the hospital. Packing for a fabulous vacation even sucks.  I laid down and directed my husband what to pack. After he got most done I was able to participate more and still adding a few things here and there. One last minute thing I realized I need is some sleep bras because will have to wear nipple pads right??  Kindered bravely has several on clearance and a discount for 15% off three right now. 

I am in awe of your fancy car seats- I just got the Graco travel system on sale at babies r us and it is fine but nothing special. It works. Stroller is grey and black very basic can be used again for boy or girl and good value. I'm so boring but these are the ways I make decisions. Luckily my husband has similar mind set for efficiency. 

@Irisheyes81 Yes I have insulin resistance, but my testosterone has always tested normal. So we are exact opposite. PCOS is so complicated. I hope we are both able to breastfeed at least a few weeks or months. I've been on metformin since TTC and insulin since about week 15. I am SO excited to stop insulin needle poke nightly when the baby is born. 

@2MomsHoping It sounds like you might have a baby soon! Haha I guess that was all of our plans right??  In all seriousness I hope you are able to relax some and sorry you don't feel well. Crazy how it has just changed for you. You are getting so close and doing so much, I was starting to wonder! You are doing great and amazing sitting in meetings with contractions. I'd be in bathroom crying fo sho.

I started having Braxton Hicks last Friday and Saturday.  I was in denial but I definitely felt something. I took mylanta thinking was gas, but I had more last night. They scare me, but I got this contraction timer app on my phone and it helps me relax because I can see the results.  You might try that as it helps me calm down. My OB said today to call them if they are consistent for an hour and 5-10 mins apart.  I also think baby has dropped although I am also in denail about this. Perinatal said his head is pretty low on Tuesday. It's hard to walk but has been last few weeks.  I limped from perinatal appointment to car Tuesday trying not to cry.  I have same stabbing pains in crotch and bladder hurts. I'm peeing like every hour to 2 hours. 

I would also be stressed about seeing work from hospital window!  I lived too close to work right out of college and it was stressful. I could see the office and never felt I left.  I will keep my fingers crossed you get on lake side and it is lovely. I hear ya, I think I really don't like hospitals.  They kind of suck let's be honest. Although we are all probably pretty lucky we live in a first world country with nice hospitals.  I try and tell myself that every time that I am lucky to have such a fancy place. 

@gfgrump I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I said a prayer for your family and brother. Family stress is no joke. I had some stress a few weeks ago and it literally made my blood sugar spike spike significantly.  I could see the physical effects. Your poor brother I hope things get easier on him. You are doing the right thing taking care of yourself and the baby first. 
  • @hottietoddy yes, my husband is nuts and everything we get has to be free of all chemicals and the highest safety rating and yada yada. So yeah, our car seat was insanely expensive and he just reinforced a bassinet we got from a friend bc he thought it was too squishy, and I'm not allowed to use my phone near my belly, and oh the list goes on.  It's not like we're rich. At all. I'm actually the type to buy everything used on craigslist. Like everything in my life. I've barely bought new anything.  @2MomsHoping I think your wife and my husband sound very similar. Maybe it's like their way of being involved and coping since they don't have the baby inside them?

My dad did buy us the car seat and it happened to be on sale at Nordstrom's last week. I think the color is stone, which is kind of a grey/black. It's all they had, so that made it easy. I guess the other cool thing about it is that the cover comes way over so it keeps people from breathing on your baby. (yep, another thing he's worried about). I'm really hoping once the baby is here he'll be too tired to worry about every little thing.  I think it's great to just get the good, standard stuff and not be worried about whether it is the absolute top of the line.  Everyone says you barely use your big stroller anyway.  Practicality is totally the way to go.

*TW*
    I also totally understand the frustration with your own body. After my loss I felt like there was something wrong with my body and it couldn't do the thing it was supposed to do.  And that was a pretty normal sentiment in my loss support group (a very unfun place to go). End *TW*

I'm sure the cerclage and all of the dr. visits and them trying to change everything on you just add to all of the stress already.  Is this the first time you've had Braxton Hicks? I've been having them since 20 weeks. But usually only a couple a day. The last couple days were bad. Drink lots of water. They get worse with dehydration. 

And yes, hospitals do suck. But I feel super lucky to live near one of the highest rated hospitals in the country. And to have insurance and have all of my care covered. I mean other countries have it much better figured out on that front, but imagine if all this wasn't covered?

Thanks for the prayers. I'll take whatever I can get. =)

@Irisheyes81 PappA is a hormone they test in tri 1.  And along with other tests, a low PappA  could have meant downs and some other scary stuff. But it's often low in IVF patients so some RE's put very little stock in the first trimester screens.  And it was a tested embryo.  But then we did the cell-free DNA test, and that came back clear.  But I guess the other thing it could mean is that your placenta is not doing it's job.  Which is why I'm being checked with the NST's so early.  And my last loss was placental abruption, so just hearing anything about the placenta not working properly just freaks me out.  It was weird. The baby was crazy active wed, rolling, going nuts. Thursday was much quieter and after she said that, I just can't stop worrying.  I really need to work on how to calm down and just tell myself everything is going to be fine.  The OB told me as long as there's 4 movements of any kind in an hour things are fine.

TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• Wow ladies things are really moving around here! I would be happy to share what I packed last time for the hospital bags if anyone wants to know or has questions about what’s needed/not needed! I overpacked last time big time but I used most of it! 

• Yes. I'd love to hear...
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• @gfgrump yeah I had the same concern about the car seat but we aren’t huge travelers we usually only fly 1-2 times a year and we thought realistically with a little one we would probably do one flight max while they were still in that seat and would just check it.  I’m so overwhelmed with baby gear that when DW mentions anything like an umbrella stroller my eyes glaze over She’s debating between 2-3 ridiculous overpriced options, maybe her and your husband can get together to compare notes (lol) they do sound similar.  I did say this nonsense has to stop thought because day care costs are going to eat up out budget.  I’m already pretty annoyed we haven’t stashed what I wanted to away before baby, but what can I say I totally cave.  Speaking of crazy things to pack in a hospital bag I was picking up what seems to be our daily amazon deluge and DW ordered battery operated candles to bring to the hospital.  To be fair the doula recommended it but I thought that was way over the top.  Apparently DW took it to heart.  I’m really committing myself to the hospital bag packing this weekend.  I started yesterday.  I’ll let you know what I end up with.  I feel like people pack A TON too much…but I’m also a very efficient packer and have never really “suffered” while making it through a two week vacation with just a carry on and backpack so a two day hospital stay with anything more than a backpack seems absolutely ridiculous to me.  I’m sure I will get talked into bringing more crap than I need.  Oh well I’m not the one lugging it around.  

@irisheyes81for the coworkers we are an independent hospital on the campus but we are kinda all buddy-buddy and share a medical school so basically neither side questions either when they are out and about but on the upside we do not share computer systems so they can’t look me up to know what room I’m in.  They will have to ask the desk and I’m able to “opt out” of being on the list so if anyone asks where I’m at they will just say oh, I don’t her registered sorry!  Those I want to visit I give a password to and they will direct them on.  The info was volunteered on the tour which made me feel better that this was a routine thing they do.  I’m feeling better about everything that it will work out ok.  I just keep such a firm line between work and home that it feels a bit muddled but the hospital is phenomenal and there is a certain comfort that if anything should happen to me or baby we are in the very best place we could be within hundreds of miles. Regarding the carseat yeah…it’s a little over the top but when the fancy baby store started talking safety bars, chemical free materials, and european crash standards and the card just fell out of my wallet…I’m such a sucker.  Also I blame that damn magic beans guys on you tube he has all the fancy baby stuff.  DW watches it and then I get sucked in.  We got it in the black with the light grey insert (it actually comes with two versions of light grey for the infant insert to swap when they get dirty or to pick the one that best matches the interior of your Tesla)…the official color is called caviar…because you know sometimes you just need that one extra level of pretentious.  Mine will be carted around in a 8yr old base model Subaru that has been is exclusively street parked and has more bumps than bumper left…lol

@hottietoddy Please don’t let being induced and getting a spinal make you feel less successful.  Its what you and your baby need to be safe healthy and well.  You have overcome so many challenges to get pregnant, you’ve done so much to keep yourself healthy through this pregnancy, and endured so many procedures and test to make sure your baby is well and protected.  No one else did that, not the doctors, not your husband, YOU.  You have have been trudging through a really really tough road this pregnancy and yes it has been hard but you have done it.  Strength doesn’t mean loving the struggle it mean trying again over and over when life is punching you straight up in the face.  And girl you have that grit to keep going just keep doing what your doing prioritizing yourself and your baby.  I think it’s complete bullsh*t when I hear inductions or c-sections or pain relief talked about as somehow “less than” med-free vaginal births.  Are you kidding me?!?! All those things are tough and can be really scary and the mamas that power through them are the real champions.  It breaks my heart that society puts this pressure on women for something we can’t control.  None of us can 'will' our cervix into cooperating.  So on behalf of me I think your are a total success rockstar and I’ll be on the sidelines in internet land cheering you on that you have a beautiful delivery of your baby no matter what circumstances you meet under.  (Hugs)

@chicandbubbly I would love to see your list!  Us newbies need the help :)

AFM, I’ve been feeling ok.  Intermittent cramps, my feet and calves are ridiculous, and I waddle like a duck but I’m ok.  Nothing super painful just uncomfortable.  I did some googling and it sounds like on average baby comes 2weeks after you drop for a FTM so I think I’ll be annoyed for awhile, but still encouraging that things are happening.  

To share the highlight of my day I was picking a new towel this morning for my shower.  My beach towel was on top of the stack and I was too lazy to reshuffle everything to put it on the bottom of the stack where it belongs so I used it.  Sweet angles in heaven sung from their clouds as it wrapped all the way around me with room to spare!  So cozy…I highly recommend switching to beach towels to anyone else currently suffering from “shrinking towel” syndrome.  #pregnancyprotip

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping between the battery candles, stock Subaru vs next level pretentious and the love of beach towels..... you made.my.day and made.me.pee. Hahaha oh man. 2 weeks from when the baby drops!!!! For the love. 
    • TTC since June 2016

• gfgrumpgfgrump member
    edited July 2018
    @2MomsHoping I am cracking up about the towel thing too.  We actually have these really big towels we got for our wedding, I think they're called bath sheets, which are about the same size as a beach towel, so yeah, I'm with ya.  And I know what you mean about the magic beans guy! We've watched a lot of his videos also.  Damn them with their very practical and thorough videos that make you think you NEED some of this shit.  Wait, are you saying the car seat comes with 2 inserts, or you just have a choice and you can buy a second one?  Ours is still sitting in a box in my sewing room. Although I think I want to install the base in the next week or 2 just to have that done. And yes, I need to get over the hump and pack that bag too, just in case.

Update about the NST. So yesterday, I called the antenatal testing center to see if they could get me in before the weekend like the nurse said and the scheduler's like, "yeah, I don't have anything." So I'm like, okay, so what should I do?  She's like, "Well, there's always triage." I'm like, are you serious? WTF? This is the first time I've had someone just so unaccommodating. I'm like, really? You can figure out a way to squeeze me in for a 20 min appt anytime?  So DH called today and was all ready to either try a sob story around our loss or just to be really pushy. And apparently she was just like, hmm, let me see. Oh, I have 2pm.  Okay. Did you have that yesterday?  Anyway, we went in today, did another NST, all was fine. The head was back up, little guy just keeps doing somersaults, but I mean, I'll take that over, he's cutting off his own oxygen or something. So feeling much better. And he started moving around a lot more today, so feeling better about everything.  

Also, thanks for the tip on the Anne with an E series. So cute.  I loooved Anne of Green Gables as a kid and even went to Prince Edward Island with my dad one summer. 

TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38