NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekly Bitch-o-Rama • 7.23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @Jens_Hoes. We do have 1 child already (19months). I'm definitely going to bring up counseling and push to go, we need help communicating. 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I completely understand about the dogs. Mine goes crazy with anyone in the house. If someone is coming over to visit she has to be a pain for 5 minutes and then she is cuddling with you. But, if it is someone working in the house (and they go inside and outside), she works herself up so much. I have to put her I. Her kennel because she loses her mind “protecting” us. So I guess I hope they finish as quickly as possible!
    My complaint... I had to do a group presentation today. The other colleagues didn’t do a pwpnt to cover the objectives as asked, so I did. One started the presentation and overspoke some of the Info on the PowerPoint and completely talked through another presenters part. It was not with malice, but was so unprepared. I still did my part and it went fine...but geez!!
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango

Awww, I hope your doggo gets some peace and quiet soon. Sometimes they are like babies - you can't explain to them what is happening and why and feel so bad for them in the meantime. 

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    Hugs to everyone having H issues.

My BF is that I am now on pelvic rest for the remainder of the pregnancy (see details, if you wish, in the Appointments thread).  Woooooooof.

Image result for frustrated gif

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    woah @hkom that is rough!! Are you still able to work or are you going to be off now until after baby?
    Tried to find it in appointments thread and couldn't. I'm clearly a bad lurker ;) 
  • Options
    @hkom I'm sorry, that sucks! I've been an pevlic rest for almost 10 weeks now. I have another ultrasound next week to check my SCH. I'm not expecting for it to gone so another 4w until my A/S. So basically the first half of my pg I will have been on rest. Don't worry, you'll get creative and still enjoy yourself. 
  • Options
    @hkom
    Ouch.. Well, at least it's an important reason..

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    @kristah2 That's because I wasn't done writing the post yet :)

We'll manage.  If it keeps the baby in there and avoids further complications it's worth it.

@gorgeousariel I remembered someone else was on rest for a long time but couldn't recall who.  Hang in there!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    @kristah2 I can still work, I just have to be careful about field work.  Some walking is fine, but nothing strenuous or prolonged.  Currently very happy that I work for my dad and everything is so flexible.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    coybigcoybig member
    low beam headlight out on my car, as observed by dealership at oil change.  don't want to pay exorbitant rate to replace a bulb, so order pair of headlights to do myself.  bulbs arrive, so I look up easiest way to accomplish - discover the only way to change my headlights is to take the tire off, remove the fender liner, and replace from within the wheel well.

screw you car designers.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options
    @coybig That's...excessive. I was just telling DH that I wanted to buy him some aftermarket LED headlights, but maybe I should check out installation first to make sure I won't have to do the same - yikes.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @coybig jeez that's so annoying. It's like they do that stuff just so you can get robbed at dealerships!! 
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy Ugh, those "just wait" comments just piss me off. I always want to yell back "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THIS BABY IS GOING TO EAT/SLEEP/BEHAVE, STFU."

@PensiveCrayon That blows. DH had reindeer sausage in AK, he said it was the bomb diggity.

@ab_canada I've gotten a few bump photo requests via DH - as in people are asking him for photos of me...people that have my number are asking him...*sigh*. We sent one to his mom last week, just because it was convenient, but that's it. I didn't realize that people want to see me get big - it's weird, I can't share that. I certainly won't hide it in-person, but I don't want to display this little dude just because he's still cooking.

Anniversary
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @Hollyyyyy I haaaate those comments.  Like, thank you, I know I'm inexperienced and don't know what it's like to have a child, but that doesn't invalidate my current feelings.  AND, like @echo-charlietango said, they have no idea how your baby is going to operate.  I hope your baby is a great sleeper so you can rub it in her face ;)

@ab_canada I would have been really annoyed at that request as well, and definitely would have refused to participate.  We are not zoo animals!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I pulled the trigger on a dress from PinkBlush when they had 25% off dresses on Friday. Well, today all clearance is 50%. GRRR I could've saved more monies!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hkom said:
    I hope your baby is a great sleeper so you can rub it in her face ;)

@temmetime I hate when that happens!

Anniversary
  • Options
    This. Made. My .day. I love your response @Hollyyyyy. My coworkers are the same. Its infuriating because I'm finding being pregnat to be a little lonely.  NOBODY (except when I come on here) gets it!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @temmetime I’m sorry that you are having marital issues, but I’m glad you are self aware and are considering counseling.

@hkom I’m sorry about pelvic rest. That sucks!

@Hollyyyyy That is so annoying. Normal non pregnant people get tired, too. Also, I hate it when people try to tell you what’s going to happen after the baby comes in a patronizing way like that.

@coybig Car stuff is just a PITA! 
  • Options
    morgantumorgantu member
    edited July 2018
    Spent the whole day watching fetal pigs being dissected and breathing formaldehyde, which nobody bothered to let me know was happening until i showed up. I don't think the chemicals could possibly have been great, but I'm not too worried except of course now the baby isn't very active this afternoon. Ughhhhh.

• Options
    @morgantu Oh god we had to dissect fetal pigs in anatomy class in high school and it was the worst thing ever. I'm sorry! But hopefully the fumes weren't too bad - try not to worry! 
  • Options
    @maureenmce it's terrible, pregnant or Not! And luckily, I have my a/s tomorrow so I don't have to worry too long. I'm sure everything is fine, but there's always weird chance. 
  • Options
    @morgantu Oh, I'm so glad you have your a/s tomorrow for reassurance! Hope everything goes great! :)
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @morgantu My half-brother was just telling me the other day about how he is doing cadavers right now for nursing school.  Barf. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom cadavers are fascinating. I don't mind it because I know that those people wanted this to happen to them and the people working on them are very respectful. I actually prefer human dissection to animal. Maybe a very strange uo? Lol 
  • Options
    @morgantu I agree there is a different level of respect for cadavers vs animals. Formaldehyde is not so good during during pregnancy, but you had pretty minimal exposure if this is a one-time class and you were not having skin contact. Nice you have the A/S so soon for reassurance. 
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie I’m glad ur MIL is at least trying to take care of herself now because unkept diabetes could turn into a very serious thing and result into more issues. I read that you don’t really trust home day cares but if you’re paying your MIL what a daycare costs maybe you could look into getting a nanny.
    There are some great daycares out there but unfortunately are ridiculously expensive and some of them close for stupid things. My daughter went to a Montessori which was great but closed for different week-2 week long breaks, unnecessary holidays, and teacher institute days and I still had to pay for the days they decided to be closed. 

As for my rant, I asked my boss if I could start working 9-530 once my daughter goes back to school instead of 1030-7. And of course he said no because those are the hours my job description calls for and supposedly everyone works midshift (which is total bs cuz literally no one does but me). But anyways i think it’s funny how now he wants be to do what im supposed to do but it’s ok to break the rules everyday to the opposite of what I’m supposed to do and ignore what my actual duties are. Plus he’s about to retire so my hours won’t affect him for long and after that I’m gonna be gone in December anyways so I don’t see the big deal.
    Other then that, I’m finally almost done moving! I can’t believe how much work it’s been and I only took my daughters things and my own things from my parents house. I can’t imagine people that move their whole house!!!! But so far it’s been awesome. I was scared it would be a lot of trouble adjusting my daughter to our new home but it’s going way better then expected. Of course she misses my parents but she gets to see them every day after camp still and has the option to do sleep overs on the weekends. Even my boyfriend is shocked at how well it’s going. As for us, it’s like moving in was some sort of  miracle thing because now all the sudden we’ve settled on going arguments (even the name situation) and communication was fixed overnight! 
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie I’m sorry you’re having childcare troubles. I agree, maybe a nanny or nanny share situation would work better for you and ease your anxiety. I can’t believe how expensive daycare is! I would have been able to swing having one in daycare but if I wasn’t already home I’d have to quit when this baby comes because we couldn’t afford two.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg