March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms week of 7/23

What's up ladies?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Randoms week of 7/23

• Options
    Work has been an absolute disaster lately (I love being able to come to these boards and take my mind off of it!) and DD2 was up screaming last night (she appears to be cutting about 4 teeth - yay) and I. am. EXHAUSTED.
  • Options
    @dtspmama Yikes! Yeah, these boards save me from spending too much time online shopping. It's been reeeeeeally slow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dtspmama teething is so tough on everyone!
  • Options
    @LElkCot DD1 didn't have any real teething issues until she started in on the molars, but it's been an entirely different ballgame with DD2. Much to my dismay!  :#
  • Options
    There's a pretty funny twins post on the Feb '19 board. Go read it before OP DD's.
  • Options
    @meggyme Yes, amazing first trimester twins thread! Almost as good as worms. 
  • Options
    They get all the good drive by's...
  • Options
    @meggyme @maggiemadeit OMG I am DYING.Dead.
  • Options
    OMG, that twins thread - bwahahahahaha! that is insane (and hilarious)! Kudos Feb 19 for the responses!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @meggyme That sounds like a great idea.
  • Options
    @meggyme - I'm up for the due date check ins!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Oh my gosh my pre-US date is March 4th so I’m getting the sinking feeling it’ll be a February baby. I have a niece that’s born in Feb and I’m born in March so hopefully the fam doesn’t get worn out with 2 munchkin birthdays in a row.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lol, threads like that is why I lurk the other BMBs. 

I'm fine with a due week thread. Only like three people post in the Saturday ticker change, and I don't think we had one last time. I don't even have a ticker. (Mobile and hate sigs, so I don't see sigs anyway)
  • Options
    I’d be fine with weekly. Especially because my due date will probably shift after my dating US. 

Feb19 brings the snark so hardcore. I love it. 
  • Options
    That Feb19 twins post was amazing, thanks for pointing out! I really really hope she comes back and says it’s twins, i mean how could a double fourtune cookie be wrong?!?
  • Options
    meggyme I busted out laughing! Thank you for the heads up on the entertainment! 
  • Options
    Fine with a "Due-Week" since my EDD just shifted already and I have a feeling it won't be the first time! 
  • Options
    My random.... I'm having a hell of a time finding a full time job and it's starting to concern me. I know once I start to show it will be even harder to get a job because nobody wants to hire the woman that will be leaving for an extended leave only months after being hired. 
  • Options
    @valentynsi that depends on your skill set. Training people is expensive, so if they can cover while you’re out and not train someone new it’s less expensive. It’s also illegal to not hire you or even ask if you are pregnant. You would not qualify for FMLA however.
  • Options
    ... definitely got Chinese food for dinner after the twin saga. 
  • Options
    Dying reading that twin thread.  The responses are gold!
  • Options
    “Where do you live that storks are roaming the skies?” Hahahahaha that was an amazing thread. 

My random- idk how I’m going to function now that MIL went back home. I love staying at home but I’ve been so exhausted and irritable. Plus she does all of the dishes and toy cleaning when she’s here. 
  • Options
    LbloomLbloom member
    I love the idea of week by week due date check ins. Since my EDD is 3/2 I lurked on the Feb 19 board quite a bit before this one sparked into life, and they've got lots of sass over there, very entertaining!
    My random - I'm the only one I know IRL who is first trimester pregnant (which is strange for my friends and family set, I went through my last PG with 2 of my best friends, we were due within days/weeks of each other), therefore I feel a bit lonely. Thanks to this board I have some camaraderie and don't feel so bad when one of those best friends I mentioned is done having kids, studying for a nursing degree, kicking butt in the gym and has lost 50 lbs... and is running one of those 10 mile mud-filled obstacle courses in a few weeks. Que the lonely song over here!!
  • Options
    It was an exciting day on the farm today. One of my hens was really sick so I brought her into the house and tried to nurse her back to health. And the hay was finally cut. Due to weather, it’s been too long this year already, so I was really excited it’s finally done! 

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @Lbloom I am in the same boat. I don’t have a whole lot of mom friends, and the ones I do have are done having babies, so I too really appreciate this board so I don’t feel all alone. 
  • Options
    @mrs-snyder yes! The last few mornings before I wake up at 5am to need to pee I've had some crazy dreams. One was my doctors telling me they needed to induce me and I looked about as pregnant as I am now. My friend who is an OB nurse was there and she and the doctor kept arguing about how to do things.
  • Options
    @mrs-snyder YES! crazy dreams!!! very vivid. just recently learned that it's a pregnancy-related thing. amazing! 
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    @valentynsi that depends on your skill set. Training people is expensive, so if they can cover while you’re out and not train someone new it’s less expensive. It’s also illegal to not hire you or even ask if you are pregnant. You would not qualify for FMLA however.
    Interesting fact, it's actually not illegal to ask if you're pregnant or any other question that would identify you as in a protected class (except disability status). It's dumb to, though, because they can't take the answer into account when choosing who to offer the job to and potentially opens them up to liability. 
  • Options
    @mrs-snyder Yes! I remember this from my first pregnancy too. I don’t normally remember dreams, but they are crazy when I am pregnant. 

This is probably belongs in a confessional, but I had a VIVID dream about an ex-bf last night that made me feel so guilty when I woke up! 
  • Options
    Put me down for crazy dreams too. I actually had a crazy nap dream this weekend. In my dream I woke up from my nap to a million Amazon deliveries of giant toys I DID NOT buy (like some crazy musical chairs contraption?!?) and then there was this crazy vehicle full of bad imitation mascots (Skye from paw patrol, Mickey, Cinderella with braces, etc) and my daughter went running toward them even though she is usually afraid of them, my weird hybrid of all past houses-house had a rocky gutter(? Can’t think of the word for that dip between house and street for rain water?) and she tripped and busted her lip and then still wanted to see the mascots. Then there were 2 ventriloquists, both with puppets that looked like themselves - 1 had really terrible teeth but sang amazing and DD loved it. Weirdest flipping dream I think I have ever had. Maybe the dueling ventriloquists means twins??? Fingers crossed the scary teeth aren’t indicative of anything! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    I have had some really strange dreams too.  Last night, I was breastfeeding in my dream.  Or at least trying to and having the same issues I did with DD.  
  • Options
    Put me down for the strange and vivid dreams!!! Thankfully at almost 9 pm I can’t remember any right now but I know they are happening! 
  • Options
    Super strange dreams here that have been up waking me up and then I can’t fall back asleep for over an hour. 
  • Options
    Is anyone interested in a March '19 Signature challenge? It's almost August, so we'd need to come up with some themes.
  • Options
    I’m also in the strange, vivid dreams club. 

DD and I are taking it easy and doing stuff around the house today. We are meeting a friend and her nephews ar a nearby amusement park tomorrow.
  • Options
    The pregnancy brain is real today. I just came out of the restroom and stood there looking off into space for a good few minutes and my coworker was like “???? You ok?” Good grief. Now I just gotta try to work. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers