March 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms - Week of 7/22

Re: Symptoms - Week of 7/22

• Options
    Super gross but I'm dealing with excessive phlegm - constantly clearing my throat!!! All day long!!! 
  • Options

@flyingmombula & @diaphena YES on the cold all the time! I tend to run cold anyways, but am cuddling under blankets on our couch and still have cold toes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still having on and off nausea. I’m pretty good right in the morning but midday I’m tired and nauseous. I also still have limited appetite but when I eat, I eat! So not doing too bad!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Sorry for the TMI but I haven't had a good, solid poop since getting my BFP. I'm going multiple times a day but nothing more than semi-solid.  And I'm gassy as all get out. My intestines need to get it together pronto.  
  • Options
    DH says I’ve been short with him all evening. We’ve been ignoring each other watching car shows since DD went to bed in a fit. He got mad at me when I called up the stairs reminding him to brush her teeth (which he didn’t bother to do because she was cranky and they’re baby teeth and will all fall out anyway). But obviously I’m being short for no reason...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm bloated all the time,  looks like I'm 3 months pregnant. 
  • Options
    Yesterday my dry heaving went to puking. I don’t remember puking quite this early with my son (estimated 7 weeks 5 days). FX I can keep something down today! Literally I had toast and a banana yesterday and couldn’t keep that down. I’m also nervous because DH went back to work today after being off for vacation. So this means I’m taking care of my son by myself today along with being sick and miserable. I hate to feel that way because I know my time is limited before I go back to work. And id rather be home taking care of him than trying to hide how miserable I feel at work. Now someone call the wahamublance! 
  • Options
    Fatigue and insomnia with a side of nausea. Also I may be gagging when I change my daughter’s diapers. Pregnancy is fun!
  • Options
    7w1d and I finally barfed. I’ve been dry heaving/gagging for weeks now so I knew it was only a matter of time. This was the point with DS that I started losing significant weight so I’m going to talk to my OB at my appointment tomorrow about medication. 
  • Options
    Yesterday I was 7w and here comes the nausea. Before yesterday, I had almost none. Wham! Out of nowhere, nausea in the afternoon and evening. I was just complaining that I was worried because I had no symptoms. Spoke too soon. 
  • Options
    I'm 4w5d so my symptoms are still pretty mild.  A little more tired and thirsty than usual.  And my tummy feels just a little off.  I remember the nausea started around 6 weeks with my first so I'm hoping I have another week and a half before I really start to feel it!
  • Options
    mrs-snydermrs-snyder member
    edited July 2018
    @meggyme I tried to yesterday but apparently it didn’t update, even though it’s showing in my settings. I’ll try to figure it out!
  • Options
    So far I am exhausted, my boobs are a little sore, I am CONSTANTLY hungry, and my acne is rough  :/
    *Ticker Warning*
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    i'm still just super hungry and i'm needing more sleep than usual! at this point i'm somewhere between 7 and 8 weeks, so i'm shocked at how good i'm feeling so far. hoping this continues and sending virtual hugs to all who are nauseous!! <3 
  • Options
    I forgot to add earlier that on top of the nausea, I have the sex drive of a teenager, which is a weird combo.  :D
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The nausea has kicked in. Not so much in the morning, but the afternoons have been awful. Thankfully constantly being tired has subsided and it has totally been replaced by snarkiness!
  • Options
    Called in and slept all Friday, went back to work on Monday and vomited just about every hour, I woke up exhausted today I could not get up so I called in again (my work is very easy going thankfully). I need to get my butt in gear to save up some money but I'm so brainfoggy and tired and gross feeling. Is the 2nd trimester really better like they say it is?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Just tired and sore boobs here. Sometimes I feel nauseous if I eat too much or am hungry. 

When I was pregnant with DS my skin changed color in several areas. My armpits got super dark and I got a sunspot on my face. The armpits went back to normal, but the sunspot stayed. Almost as soon as I got my BFP, I noticed the sunspot had raised. I’m hoping this time around my skin will stay my normal color. 
  • Options
    Not many symptoms here. I feel slightly hungrier than normal, more tired than normal and so bloated but otherwise I feel the same. 8 weeks in. I'm sure I won't find much sympathy in this crowd but it's my first pregnancy and the lack of symptoms is worrisome.
  • Options
    @mayoduck you’ll find sympathy here!!! I’m in the exact same boat. First pregnancy, about 8 weeks in, a little hungry, a little tired. Up to pee during the night. Other than that.... if I hadn’t taken tests and seen an ultrasound.... I feel like I could literally be on the show “I didn’t know I was pregnant”!!!!!! Everyone seems to be so sick and I’m going on like it’s nothing!!! I’ve voiced before that it’s very worrisome in this thread. Ultrasound and heartbeat this past Friday was reassuring for about 24 hours and then the worry came back. Lol! I’d love to sit back and accept that this pregnancy feels good, but I totally feel your pain and I’m with you 100%!! When do you have an ultrasound?
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited July 2018
    @indigoheightsblog Glad it's not just me!  I don't have an ultrasound until 4 weeks from now! Just had my first prenatal and was told everything looked good but that it was too early to hear the heartbeat.
  • Options
    @mayoduck Makes sense!! Hang tight, you’ll feel better after you see your little bean :) if they said everything looks good, that’s great! 
  • Options
    Migraines anyone? 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit it's really fascinating/amazing how different pregnancies are for each person! and yes, it's totally comforting every time i hear of a symptom-free pregnancy, so thank you! <3 
  • Options
    shrubshrub member
    @southerngirlinwi This is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm a migraine sufferer. I had 2 patterns in my last 2 pregnancies- one whopping migraine in first trimester, none the rest of the pregnancy and then the WORST migraines of life the week after giving birth. My friends and I joke that I get pregnant to avoid migraines (usually I suffer weekly if not more). I hope this is the case for you too!

• Options
    Luckily I have only had mild nausea, but man do I have to pee every 5 minutes! I went to the doctor today thinking I had a UTI, but nope- just my body adjusting. 
  • Options
    christac1010christac1010 member
    edited July 2018
    @shrub so weird! I had almost the same exact experience. One massive painful migraine in the first trimester around 8-9w when hormones level out somewhat. Then another one the night after I gave birth. I couldn’t take migraine medicine either time - rather I chose not to take it because the effects aren’t known enough to make me comfortable. I’m just curious now but what are your triggers? Mine are oversleeping, hormones (the week after my period is the worst), and stress. 

ETA typo
  • Options
    Anybody else getting dizzy whenever they stand up? I'm staying hydrated but I have the dizzies pretty bad. Google says it's normal I guess.

SaveSave
  • Options
    @flyingmombula yes, I have been. If I get up too fast it usually takes me a minute for the world to stop spinning, especially if I stand up from laying down in bed or on the couch.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited July 2018
    @flyingmombula - Yep, me too. My OB told me to it could happen in first tri, due to the drop in blood pressure. Changing positions (e.g. standing up from lying down) also causes a drop in BP and brings on the dizzies, since less blood is temporarily going to your brain. (note: i'm not a doctor)

Also feel pulling at my sides when I stand up if it's too quickly. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @shrub @christac1010 I very rarely have migraines, and never as bad as yesterday's. I usually just have light/noise sensitivity and pain behind my right eye, but yesterday I had spotty vision, couldn't read, had some halos, and the usual light/noise sensitivity and pain. It took a few hours, but it subsided. Freaked me out a bit.
  • Options
    @flyingmombula I’ve been getting dizzy too and also shaky if I get up too quickly.
  • Options
    I know I got dizzy last time but I don’t think it happened til later. & it was usually if I hadn’t eaten in a few hours. Meh.

SaveSave
  • Options
    My nausea combined with food aversions and heightened smell are killing me now. It’s a struggle to eat. 
  • Options
    shrubshrub member
    @christac1010 my triggers are hormones, over/under sleeping, lack of protein, weather and stress to name a few. It must be the hormones that have caused us to have a similar pattern.  

• Options
    Lightning boobs. They have been sore off and on but today they were downright painful. Like volts of electricity. Ouch! 
  • Options
    Nausea has been super ramped up the last couple days. Threw up at work for the first time yesterday, but managed to sneak off to the bathroom without anybody noticing. I think I need to start eating smaller amounts more often, but planning for that in my work environment (as an ICU nurse) is challenging  :/
  • Options
    I don't feel like I was mentally prepared for how challenging the first trimester is. My body aches all over. I had really bad nausea for weeks 4,5 and 6...but it has let up some. Now it's every few days rather than constant. My boobs have grown so much I had to go up a cup size and it's killing my upper back. My hips hurt for the first time in my life...it isn't too pleasant. I'm also constipated and bloated which I was thought was bad...until last night. Yesterday I ate something that had cajun spice in it... I woke up with the WORST stomach cramps and the runs. I almost cried it hurt so much. So... I'll take my constipation and bloating over feeling like that any day.

Despite all that serious whining above, they say that strong pregnancy symptoms are a good sign right? We heard our baby's heart beat yesterday and had our first ultrasound. It was pretty magical :smile: