T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Questions (w/o 7/22-7/29)

• Options
    I go for my 12 week scan this week. They said no bathroom before, but how full of a bladder do I need?  Plan to pee when I get up, but my appt is at 10 am and I usually don’t have a crazy amount of pee by 10. Should I be chugging water? Can you tell I’m a FTM?   :D

• Options
    @ohsunnydays bring water with you! Every time they told me to come with a full bladder I was ready to pee my pants, but I’m also kind of a serial rule follower ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays - I would drink a bottle of water on your way there/ have a bottle with you. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @ohsunnydays My appt was at 9:00, and there’s no way I’m not peeing asap after waking up, so I chugged a tall glass of water right before leaving the house at 8:15. By the time of my US I really had to pee, so it did the trick!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    My instructions always say 16 oz of water an hour before - your bladder fills quicker than you realize!

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    I was instructed to drink 1 liter an hour before. I drank that between 7 and 8 for my 9 o'clock appointment. I needed to pee so badly by the time the tech came to get me. I told her so, she took one quick look and gave me a cup that I was allowed to fill.  :D 16 oz seems more reasonable. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else’s OB just do the NIPT or NT scan? My current OB does because she says she blood test is more accurate than then scan. I get that but I want a 12 weeks US and my last OB did both so why was that? 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @allthingsgo I think my OB does it that way. They told me I had to choose between NT and NIPT, and if you choose NIPT you don’t get a US. I chose NT because NIPT isn’t covered by my insurance (plus we have no known genetic risk factors), so I’ll get the US. 

I think they don’t do both because the NIPT makes NT redundant, and they don’t want to waste resources maybe? If you’re willing to pay for both because you want a US I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you though, since it’s on your dime. I totally understand wanting to see the baby any chance you get!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso thank you for the info! That makes sense that they wouldn’t do it since it is redundant. I just wonder why my last OB did both (as well as some friends’
     OBs too).  I’m over 35 so insurance covers the blood test but I still wish they did the US too. Oh well I guess I’ll have to wait till the anamromy scan!
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @allthingsgo Maybe they did both for the sake of your mental wellbeing! Seeing the baby on a screen is way more comforting than getting a blood test, no matter how accurate the blood test is. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    edited July 2018
    @allthingsgo, mine also said one or the other. I ended up getting the nt us for peace of mind as i had spotting that weekend... my dr said to go ahead and have it but i got my nipt bloodwork today just disregarded the nt paperwork i was given to take for the screening bloodwork.

Nipt is more acurate so nt is irrelevant but i wanted that darn us too.
  • Options
    Has anyone needed a TB test while pregnant?
  • Options
    Has anyone needed a TB test while pregnant?
    I haven't, but have nurse friends who have - usually they do a skin test, I think.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @kayjay44 thanks! They said there would be options, but wouldnt explain over the phone. 
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco. They can do an under the skin test or a regular blood test now.  There might be other ways but (long story) I ended up finding out I had the TB strain in my blood via a random other blood test.  it never activated ito full blown TB thank god but I still had to take the medication for 9 months...no drinking and lots of blood tests it really prepared me for pregnancy lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 that sounds awful! I had skin test in 2016, so I'm not concerned, more like a formality for working in medical field, although I have no patient interaction(thank God!).
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    They checked mine with a blood test @lzzfrancisco
  • Options
    I came across oxylent prenatals that are basically a vitamin packet you put in water.  Ocassionally am gagging on my prenatal (never did before pregnancy, thanks baby! :D ) and was looking for another option. Anybody try this before?

https://www.oxylent.com/product/prenatal-oxylent/