1st Trimester
Options

My situation is weird

i had a period on May 26. It lasted 6 days. I got another extremely heavy period on June 7 that lasted 7 days, I was extremely stressed out as I was traveling and my mom had passed away on the 23rd of May.  I started having unprotected sex on June 23/24ish with my BF. I was POSITIVE I ovulated like the 17th or 18th of June. Well...I was due for a period between July 5-July 8th. It never came. I tested on July 10 and it was negative. Like no doubt negative, there was no hint of a line at all.  I had been cramping and feeling like I was gonna start for about a week. And nothing. Well July 16th I tested and it was a very faint line. So I went to the store and got a digital and took 3. They were all positive. I’m really trying to figure out when I would have ovulated and how far along I could be. Especially since I had 2 periods in like a span of 2.5 weeks. I basically had a 5 day break of bleeding. So wondering if my ovulation was all out of whack. 

Re: My situation is weird

• Options
    i had a period on May 26. It lasted 6 days. I got another extremely heavy period on June 7 that lasted 7 days, I was extremely stressed out as I was traveling and my mom had passed away on the 23rd of May.  I started having unprotected sex on June 23/24ish with my BF. I was POSITIVE I ovulated like the 17th or 18th of June. Well...I was due for a period between July 5-July 8th. It never came. I tested on July 10 and it was negative. Like no doubt negative, there was no hint of a line at all.  I had been cramping and feeling like I was gonna start for about a week. And nothing. Well July 16th I tested and it was a very faint line. So I went to the store and got a digital and took 3. They were all positive. I’m really trying to figure out when I would have ovulated and how far along I could be. Especially since I had 2 periods in like a span of 2.5 weeks. I basically had a 5 day break of bleeding. So wondering if my ovulation was all out of whack. 

Seriously, call your doctors office and they will get you an appointment and probably a dating ultrasound since you are unsure of how far along you may be due to irregular period.
  • Options
    We have an appt on Thursday for the first prenatal. I planned on mentioning it then. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stress can mess with your cycles...I imagine your mother dying was a very stressful event for you, I'm sorry for your loss.

An early dating ultrasound is the best way to determine how far along you are, so your doctor will probably order one.  Until then they will use your last period start date to date the pregnancy, so June 7.