February 2019 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 7/18

Re: WTF Wednesday 7/18

• Options
    WTF stupid dog, aggressively snuggling me in the morning. I can usually keep my MS at bay until I can shove some cheerios in my mouth, but the dog smell just kills me in the morning. Then of course as I'm sprinting out of bed to make it to the bathroom, he gets all up under my feet with his big, uncoordinated puppy body, so I'm LEAPING over him, covering my mouth, and throwing up bile. Then of course he sat next to me licking my shoulder while I puked. 

Normally I really like our dog. He's super sweet with DS, they're best friends, he's totally protective of me and DS, but GOOD LORD. This morning was not his best morning.
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits - one of my dogs won’t leave me alone when I am pregnant. I hate it. 

My SI a joint is so fucking bad I can barely walk. Every time I reset it, it slips back out. So I have nasty sciatica like an old person. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF cravings..I had all these lofty ideas about this healthy pregnancy and NOPE I don't want any of that healthy crap.  Bring on the carbs. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    grebretso said:
    My OCD husband is slowly realizing he’s going to be a dad, and the first thing that dawned on him is that the baby will be born in an odd numbered year and he’s NOT happy. Keeps saying “we should have waited, 2020 is much better than 2019”. I’m pretty amused.
    I get him - I mildly feel the same way - my kids are 2014 and 2016 and DH and I are 1984 and 1988 respectively. We've basically messed up the space-time continuum. I'm really lucky I can't get high right now (pot is legal here) because I would lose it.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I just got mansplained so hard about something I happen to know much more about than the man mansplaining to me. And he interrupted me like 6 times. Whatever, dude. You're the one who's going to lose out on commission and it's not on me that it's not going to close because you don't want to take my sound advice based on experience and reason.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited July 2018
    @kayjay44 I get him too, it’s just funny. We’re 1976 and 1988 (yup, he’s way older), and all of my siblings are born in even numbered years too. I was hoping for a 2018 baby, but it didn’t work out that way. I’m also peeved about February because I always wanted an early fall baby for some reason. It’s completely irrational! At least I’ll be 30 when baby is born and not 31 (my birthday is in October).

(Edit: Spelling)
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    grebretso said:
    @kayjay44 I get him too, it’s just funny. We’re 1976 and 1988 (yup, he’s way older), and all of my siblings are born in even numbered years too. I was hoping for a 2018 baby, but it didn’t work out that way. I’m also peeved about February because I always wanted an early fall baby for some reason. It’s completely irrational! At least I’ll be 30 when baby is born and not 31 (my birthday is in October).

(Edit: Spelling)
    Gah, I will be 31, unless this baby shows up like a month and half early (please god, no). I'll deal, but I have a thing for even numbers and an even bigger thing for the number 4 and multiples of 4. I'm an OCD wierdo and I'm ok with that.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    WTF puppy pooped at the bottom of the stairs.  I am a firefighter/paramedic, and bodily fluids/gore/ gross things don't really bother me... but this morning I just could not handle. Every time I tried to clean it up, I had to sprint to the toilet to lose what little was in my stomach.  My DS and DD were like "Mommy it's just poop"  Well then you clean it up my little darlings - through clenched teeth.
  • Options
    This morning I was all set to work from home, opened up my work computer and then got "no servers available to log you in". It happens for no apparent reason and forced me to get dressed, and do a one hour round trip into work just to log in! So stupid. I refuse to make tech problems my problem but now I won't be able to get everything I'd planned done. So it is my problem. Wtf work?!
  • Options
    @brazilgirl85 - When I was pregnant with 1.0, we had a puppy and DH was traveling a lot - I came home to diarrhea everywhere when he was out of town for a week (on like the first night he was gone). I spent the whole night cleaning up not only diarrhea but also vomit because I kept throwing up on top of the diarrhea. I feel you. I don't do poop when I am pregnant - luckily DH changes most poopy diapers because we made a deal that if I BF for a year, he does poop duty  :D

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    Oh god, poop. I am so glad I’m off catbox duty for health and safety reasons. I did have to clean up cat puke the other day, which is normally no big deal, and I couldn’t stop gagging. Would have had husband do it, but he wasn’t home. Yuck.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    WTF everyone decided to bring thier smelly lunch today. I’m going to need a mask or an excuse to be out of the office in the middle of the day
  • Options
    I’m so WTF right now. Ughhhh. So my friend has been saying all along she does not want another kid. Her kid was ‘too hard’ and she doesn’t want to have another. Well turns out she decided to start trying as soon as she found out I was pregnant. And now she is talking about how she could be pregnant and how she is feeling symptoms already when her period isn’t due for two weeks she told me. And the funny thing is DH said her husband was just telling him they aren’t sure they want to have another and that she really doesn’t seem to want one and when she said they were trying he looked really surprised. 

She also said that it happened so easily for them last time that she probably is already pregnant. Which I felt was insensitive since she knows my history of loss. I’m just annoyed bc it feels so competitive on her side and not like she really wants another kid but rather is trying to keep up with me. Which I’m like umm do you know there is an actual baby at the end of this right?? That’s the goal here. 
  • Options

WTF everyone decided to bring thier smelly lunch today. I’m going to need a mask or an excuse to be out of the office in the middle of the day
    Ugh that’s the worst. When I was working and pregnant with DD I had a coworker who microwaved fish for lunch  at least once a week. I wanted to barf on him. Smelly stuff in an office is torture. 
  • Options
    @kayjay44 when is your bday?
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco  - January 8th. My EDD is 2/18, but I've never made it past 38.5 weeks, so I'm guessing it'll be a little earlier. January 8th is too early.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    DD is 2013 DS is 2016 and this one will be 2019 so that helps my OCD a little bit haha

WTF to my dog who decided to get sprayed by a skunk last night. My entire house and yard reaks of skunk and my stomach just can’t habdle it! Ughhhhh
  • Options
    Im 12/21 DH 1/6 DD 1/3. EDD 2/10, if this baby comes in january ill flip out! Lol
  • Options
    So my SIL has left her dogs with us for three days so her and her fiancé could go to the beach. She has no clue I’m pregnant and that her dogs are literally making me sick because they stink after they go outside. One smelly dog that I’m used to and can get away from doesn’t bother me, but I have 3 stinky, shedding, panting dogs in the house right now and a birthday party for my almost 1yo to get the house ready for. I’m laying in my room while he naps while my oldest is watching Tangled for the millionth time to try and calm my MS down. Never again am I ever agreeing to something so stupid. 
  • Options
    WTF cravings is right, @Erinm278. I literally cannot stop thinking about Olive Garden breadsticks. So much so that I made this to send to my husband to hopefully persuade him to pick me up some after work. 

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 I NEEDED breadsticks from a local pizza place with alfredo to dip really bad yesterday. I do not regret this indulgence once bit. 

My WTF is my kid today. She seriously has at least 3x as many toys as any kid her age. Getting her to clean up is impossible. It took 3 hours of me asking nicely, making a game of it, helping and finally me losing it and filling 2 bags to go in the trash for her to do it. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons so glad to hear I'm not the only parent that does the trash bag approach. It's on my list to go through the playroom and eliminate the million toys my kids don't play with.
  • Options
    My kids are leaving for my parents for a few days (my mom always takes them for HER birthday) and I’m totally garbage bagging when they are gone. One bag to donate and one bag to toss. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    My DH left his car key in his pants when he put them in the hamper. I was feeling so industrious for getting laundry done and mentioned it when we were texting about something else. So then I get this panicked text message about how I've washed the electronic key fob. WTF why did you put your pants in the hamper if you knew the key was in them??? So then I spent half the afternoon figuring out how to get the key fob open and pull out the electronic bits to see if they were wet and ruined. They weren't, so phew, because those things are $450 to replace. But wtf DH.
  • Options
    @kayjay44 that sounds heavenly. The cleaning out toys part and the kids going away for a few days part.
  • Options
    @mainemama_ - I’ll still be working 12 hour days, but not having to get kids ready in the AM or do the bedtime fight will be amazing. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    ageaagea member
    I’m so WTF right now. Ughhhh. So my friend has been saying all along she does not want another kid. Her kid was ‘too hard’ and she doesn’t want to have another. Well turns out she decided to start trying as soon as she found out I was pregnant. And now she is talking about how she could be pregnant and how she is feeling symptoms already when her period isn’t due for two weeks she told me. And the funny thing is DH said her husband was just telling him they aren’t sure they want to have another and that she really doesn’t seem to want one and when she said they were trying he looked really surprised. 

She also said that it happened so easily for them last time that she probably is already pregnant. Which I felt was insensitive since she knows my history of loss. I’m just annoyed bc it feels so competitive on her side and not like she really wants another kid but rather is trying to keep up with me. Which I’m like umm do you know there is an actual baby at the end of this right?? That’s the goal here. 
    This is another reason on my list for not telling people yet. I know a couple people who *maybe* (definitely) sped their kid timeline up once they knew we were knocked up with baby 1. Not that I wouldn’t love to have pregnant comaraderie but I don’t want it to be because someone knows we’re pregnant, especially not the same trimester.
    Sorry, also sounds like your friend just sucks. They probably won’t even get pregnant, just needs to steal  your thunder.
  • Options
    @ssag exactly! It’s not that I don’t want to be pregnant at the same time as a friend (I was with my BFF with DD and it was great to have someone to go through that with) it’s just she is so obviously doing it for the wrong reason. Thanks for the commiseration! :) 
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    @conchispitita... smelly lunches. I felt the pain today too
  • Options
    @allthingsgo people are weird. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    So many wtf dogs.

Just further confirms to me to not get a dog.
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @allthingsgo Hoo boy. I have a “friend” who ended up being pregnant at the same time I was in January, unfortunately we both had early losses. She wasn’t trying, but when she found out I was, she got obsessed with trying too even though her life situation did NOT call for a baby. She got pregnant again immediately after her loss, with a different guy (!!!) who I am sure had no clue she wasn’t on the pill. Her first baby daddy was a guy who was cheating on his girlfriend with her, the second one was her ex. She ended up losing that pregnancy too, and I have no idea where she’s at in her journey now because I don’t even know how to relate to people like that. I’m dreading her finding out I’m pregnant, I’m sure she’ll find a third potential dad in no time.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso wow that is really crazy what she is doing! I’m sorry she has had two losses but maybe it’s for the best since she does not sound like she is in a stable point in her life.

I can definitely understand your dread of her finding out. I just don’t get how people can turn bringing a baby into the world into a competition. These are tiny humans who will need you 100% people!! Smh. 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @allthingsgo Right?! I’m sad for her losses too, but I’d feel bad for any child of hers. She’s also always in some sort of dire financial situation, despite earning much more than me she’s had to borrow money from me a couple times... which she’s never paid back. And I know I’m not the only one. Why would you want to add to that stress? 

@BourbonBiscuits That sounds amazing! I would love to be pregnant together with a friend who, well... is equipped to have a child. My best friends are all in different stages of their lives, and a lot of them are childless by choice, possibly for life. Oh well, I guess I’ll make some new friends!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso it is so much fun. We had our first early, so I know it’s tough being in different life stages from friends!!
  • Options
    jessier19jessier19 member
    edited August 2018
    I have a friend I’m really fond of who I think might be pregnant due around the same time as me. If she is, I completely respect her decision to not tell people yet, but gawd I’m absolutely dying to find out, and I badly want a pregnant buddy to complain to about all my symptoms! There have been hints (she stopped drinking, she asked me for OB recommendations, her husband mentioned that she’s considering turning down a job offer she’d been excited about because she had a great childhood with her SAHM...). Soooo.... I think she’s pregnant. But she’d been ttc and I won’t push the issue until she’s ready. But I want to know!!!
  • Options
    I would want to know too, @jessier19!

I have a friend due with her second in October. Another friend was a few weeks ahead of me but miscarried a few weeks ago - I know she'll be trying again soon, but I don't want to talk to her about any of this to respect her feelings. It's her third loss in a row and they really want a 4th.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    My close friend is around 8 mo pregnant with her 4th after 3 losses. So happy she’s getting this rainbow.