Options

Monday BF - 7/16

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday BF - 7/16

• Options
    started selfishly
    MIL is on my last nerve - and there aren't many left being this pregnant and uncomfortable - she did a 1-2 punch this weekend though.
    There was a family cookout scheduled for a cousin's graduation on Sunday from 5 pm-dark at a park 45 min away.  Obviously I wasn't going to be able to go, but since it was going to be so tight with DD's bedtime and long drive, DH decided not to go either and enjoy a last weekend as a family of 3.  After we already RSVP'd no, MIL calls DH and says she wants to take DD on her own...um we said no for a reason, also were you going to drive the 45 min to our house to pick her up, then 45 to the park, then 45 back to drop her off? Pretty difficult when you still haven't gotten a car seat 2 years later... 
    Then at the actual cookout she started asking DH's cousin that I'm close to if she knows what we're naming the baby... MIL has been obsessed with the name for MONTHS - like every time we see her it comes up, we'll say no we don't have one so then she'll as our 2 year old what her brother's name is... and last time she just started calling out boy names for an hour to which we said no to every one.  We have both explained separately and together we have not picked a name, we hadn't even narrowed it down to 5 until the other night because we're really struggling with it.  She seems to legit think we have one and are going to tell everyone but her just to be mean. I will confess that even if we had picked one she's been such a PITA about it I wouldn't want to tell her, but I haven't even discussed names HERE net alone with my best friend. Also for the record - we didn't pick a name for DD until she was born either so it's not a new thing, AND MIL had names picked out for both her kids going into the hospital and changed them right after birth....so of all people she should understand not discussing names.
    Woman seriously has boundary issues and a big self-image - legit getting nervous about her storming the hospital after my c-section - I will be very clear at check in and with nurses NO VISITORS and if she shows up and isn't allowed in - too bad you should have called or waited before driving the 45 min up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

You just spoke to my soul. My MIL is driving me insane, I haven't responded to her texts for 2 days now. She showed up at my house 4/5 days last week after I got off work and camped out all evening. My DH had to ask her leave every time just so I could go to bed. Seriously, I'm 38 weeks pregnant in July, working FT with 2 kids at home I am not in the mood to visit with anyone after 5pm. She's offended now bc we didn't allow her to come over Saturday or Sunday as we were trying to get last minute cleaning/errands done and my DH started a new schedule at work today 7am-7pm. On Thursday last week, she stayed until after 10pm and for 2 hours all she did was google baby boy names on her phone and read them all to me and act like she was frustrated that we haven't picked out a name yet. When she got home she sent me a picture of a list of names she had wrote. At this point, there's no way I'm going to name him anything she suggest so she's really limiting my options.

Also, my anxiety is through the roof about her being at the hospital or coming to my house all day every day after we get home. With DS she sat in the hospital room while I was in active labor, no epi, no pain meds and talked about dumb shit all I wanted to do was punch her in the face. She only went out when I started pushing bc my DH and mom made her. I think she's trying to come to my house every day in hopes that I go into labor while she's there which is honestly my worst nightmare and the only time I do not want to go into labor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry for the obnoxious MILs! 

AFM, DH went to a friend's last night and my car wouldn't start. Turns out he was in too much of a hurry to get gas so it was empty. And in an attempt to start it too many times last night he killed the battery. So this morning he was supposed to go get gas for it and help jump it with his car before leaving for work(2nd shifter). Instead he wakes me up saying his dad is on the way over to hangout. So I have to jump out of bed to get myself and DD ready and clean the house while he goes for gas. He spends too long with his dad and doesn't have time to get my car started before leaving. So now I'm freaked out that I'm a week from my due date and stuck at home if anything happens as DH works over an hour from home. 
  • Options
    kristinhall89 are we living the same life!? I went into labor super early in the morning after checking in to be induced so she didn't get the chance to camp out. They did come over day of discharge which was overwhelming and way too often during maternity leave to just hold/stare at the baby since she only works 3 days a week.
    @runsomewhere yea they so out of touch with reality.  My friend's brother and SIL were on househunters and the SIL was voted most annoying wife lol
    @babybump1994 wow i'm so sorry.  Do you have AAA or still under warranty? I know Ford used to allow like 4 out of gas calls a year under the warranty coverage.  If something does happen like water breaking or contractions close together, i would say call the ambulance and have DH meet you there instead of waiting for him to get home and hope you make it in time.  Plus probably better than an Uber if you have DD with you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @runsomewhere Were we watching the same shows yesterday? Lol
  • Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited July 2018
    @runsomewhere so true.
    BUT IS IT OPEN CONCEPT???

On the wish list for this couple, a chef's kitchen, a large open concept, hardwood floors and a basement for his man cave...LOL.
    DH And I love fixer upper and we cry every time at the ridiculous prices of those homes. California, man.

My BF is BFeeding! I'm sooooooooo over it. I know, I know it gets better. I know it's good for me and for the baby. I feel like I'm doing well all things considered but I wish I could get a freaking break especially during cluster feeding time. One more week and I'll start pumping! 

@gingerbride26 we also had some drama around names it is so annoying when people start suggesting or even using a specifos name to refer to the baby.

• Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    I feel the name drama too. Last update my mom got is that we are between two. She knows what they are, but she doesn't know we finally picked one. She's being very annoying about it. Thankfully there's a light somewhere at the end of this tunnel and shouldn't be too long.
  • Options
    @nimmle @kissableviv some time back we started saying we're naming him Zoltan - which was actually my great grandfather's name.  You going to push me to pick one - here you go.  It's starting to grow on FIL - who is now convinced we need to pick a Z name because then we have an A and a Z.  It's totally not in contention though.  We did share the final 5 with MIL/FIL last time, but she's proven over and over again she can't keep things just within the immediate family, can't keep secrets, and has no boundaries about sharing our news so we aren't in a sharing mood.  She proved that well enough because i've gotten FB comments about "the 24th will be here before you know it" from aunts and distant relatives I def didn't tell about the c-section.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @babybump1994 wow, your H is playing a dangerous game with that BS. My DH and I both made sure the cars were fully tanked the past couple of weeks, and he would never leave me with a dead car! Tell ur guy to get the car running today!

Afm, I anticipate shit with my mom tomorrow because my sister is in town only a week and she isn't spending every minute with me in the hospital. (She arrived the same night baby was born) My sister is instead being super helpful watching the kiddos for us while we are here, but I KNOW my mom will bitch about it when she gets here tomorrow. Like, I am sorry my baby's birth and jaundice are ruining your expectations for my sister's visit. DH says to play it cool and be the adult but that's going to be very hard.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Baby boy is absolutely destroying my nipples and all he wants to do is nurse constantly. Yet somehow even with all the nursing and nipple destruction we went to his pediatrician appointment this morning and found out he lost more weight (7 oz since birth) and he was looking yellow so we had to get his billi rubin checked. Also my toddler is having a tough time with the transition and I really don’t feel like my husband fully understands that I can only take care of myself and baby for now. 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    Agh....Baby is straight up headbutting my cervix. If only I can get something other than a BH up in here.
  • Options
    @zande2016 same thing happened to me with DD she was nursing all the time but wasn't actually nursing efficiently - ped said she was "snacking" at the boob and never fully emptying or really getting a full meal.  Might try a weighted feeding to see how much he's really getting in a session.
    @nimmle hear that - I told DH his son seems to think my cervix is a bounce house...  I felt a trickle a bit ago - but it was just sweat lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @gingerbride26 bahaha same here. Totally getting the swamp ass/crotch action these days.
  • Options
    @zande2016 baby girl is nursing a ton and fighting off jaundice too. We are anxiously waiting for her to poop some of that billirubin out but are staying here an extra night to keep tabs on her levels and hoping to avoid phototherapy. Our two blood types are completely incompatible which makes it hard on my babies to process the billirubin. Hopefully your LO again some weight!

• Options
    3 BF

1. Scam caller who thinks it's legal to leave a voicemail saying I've been notified and will be served sometime today for an unknown reason. Really!?!!? Stop calling already. This is a known scam. So annoying!

2. Still pregnant. This kid has made it her personal challenge not to show up already. It's okay baby, mommy loves feeling your shoulders on her pelvic bone at all hours of the night and your butt extenders that make me feel like my stomach is going to rip open. No biggy. (Insert eye roll emoji)

3. Elective short term disability I've been paying for through work. Come to find out this disability program is for people who do not get state disability. So I either get state disability or the elective disability, not both. Nowhere did this state this is the case when you sign up for it. It wasnt until i filed my claim that the guy tells me, "well California provides edd so you'll only get the bare minimum from us if you go that route" ($57/week). Wtf have I been paying into then?!?!? FFS

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Tomorrow is my scheduled csection. I have a bunch of last minute things I wanted to do today, and planned on my mom coming over to help watch DD while I finished my list. She was sick so cancelled, which I understand... so I am trying to get my list done (including my own work for my job), and my husband tells me he is taking a short day so he can rest before tomorrow... I ask him to watch DD while I finish my list, so I can rest too... well, he watches her for 30 minutes and then asks me to drive him to get lunch. I stop working to do that, then when he gets home he immediately goes upstairs, eats, then goes to sleep... meanwhile here I am watching my kid, going to do pre op bloodwork at the hospital with my kid in tow, finishing my work, taking out trash, changing litterbox, doing laundry, moving the pack n play upstairs, doing dishes, and more while he is "resting." Keep in mind he slept in until 10 am today....
  • Options
    @cseley321 the lack of ability my husband has to power through things drives me nuts on a regular basis. I often yell at him to sack up because I have to do it...why shouldn't he? Hugs to you, hope he gives you a rest later, and hope your C-section goes well tomorrow!
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @cseley321........ :| ........So glad he'll be well rested before the c-section tomorrow.......
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @runsomewhere I just laughed so hard at that Gif that DH feels super left out
  • Options
    @cseley321 why did you drive him to get lunch and why did you let him go "rest" when there was shit to do at home? Don't do this to yourself after the baby comes. Promise?
    Also, I hope your c-section goes super smooth tomorrow and I look forward to seeing your announcement!!

• Options
    rkk0002rkk0002 member
    edited July 2018
    So much catching up reading for me, but you ladies are great for these motn feed times. 
    -To all those on the MIL hot mess express, I'm riding that train with you, she's been better cause FIL was able to come with her, but we haven't even left the hospital yet, quit asking when we're driving 3 hours to come visit!
    -Also forgot how bad BFing destroys the nipples at first, can't wait to get over this stage and the awful BFing cramps. 
    -But on the plus side my pelvis feels AMAZING without the constant pressure of DS! Hopefully all of you with similar struggles will get this kind of immediate relief too.
    So excited to be going home tomorrow with our little man!
    Thanks for all the encouragement and advice these past months ladies, seriously don't know how I'd have made it without this forum to read, hope we can continue this journey with our little ones together!
    ETA: Oops, thought this was going in the randoms thread, I'll repost it over there. That's what happens when you post while trying to BF at the same time haha.
  • Options
    If my DH leaves the garage door open overnight one more time, I dont know that he will see this child be born  :s
  • Options
    Well after posting yesterday about DH and my car issues I called my mom to vent and she had my stepdad leave work early to fix my car (wound up needing a new battery). But today DH informs me that his car is acting up and took mine to work. I looked at it after he left and it was completely out of oil! He knows it has a slow leak and to check it occasionally but apparently hasn't been? DH better buy me all the ice cream tonight after these last 2 days!