TTC after 35

CD3 test results inside (not amazing) + question (TW: child)

So, I got most of my results. I opted to skip HSG because I want to avoid the extra radiation (I already fly a lot long haul for work and am worried about my annual exposure).  I haven't yet spoken to my RE, but the doctor who did my ultrasound described my AFC (antral follicle count) as "low to normal" and "not unusual for my age." I will call the RE soon to ask for a followup appointment, discuss results, and the HSG issue...   Before we did the tests, the RE was very encouraging in saying that "whatever numbers you get, your past success is encouraging; the numbers do not tell us much about a fertile population." So of course I am hanging on to those words, lol. But I'm also slowly coming to terms with possibly being "one and done."

If anyone has comments on the results, please chime in. I'm also wondering if these results point to any particular protocols v any others. And finally, if anyone was able to skip the HSG, I'd love to hear about that.

AFC 7  (plus one cyst that she said could be hiding another follicle)
AMH 0.98 (1 is "low normal," so I'm going with normal, lol!)
Estradiol 37.8 (seems fine?)
LH 5.8
FSH 11.9 (on the high side)

Re: CD3 test results inside (not amazing) + question (TW: child)

• Wishing you the best @marijaa333! Not sure if I'd skip the HSG honestly. I do understand why you would want to though. It's good to know your tubes are open and there are no issue in that aspect, unless you decided to just go straight into IVF...then it's to needed. I swear AFC counts can change monthly...or least the one's they can see. My gf is about to do her 2nd retrieval and has almost double the amount as last time. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Very belated thanks, @kristimh80 ! Just an update for anyone interested; since I will be going straight to IVF, it was fine to skip the HSG. Instead, I had to do the saline sonogram.
  • Loading the player...
  • @marijaa333 I had heard the same about afc. Mine was 8 but then I’ve read that through diet and lifestyle changes it could go up! I had the HSG and my re said some people request them from him every few months as they’re trying to conceive. Although going straight to IVF you don’t need it. Wishing you the best!
  • late in replying to this, but i've been reading up a lot on labs/AFC related to fertility and all of the research basically says there's not much correlation (FSH being the least correlated to actual fertility). Age actually seems to be the most predictable factor in how difficult/easy it will be to conceive, so I wouldn't worry too much about any of the results you got. Plus your labs are all pretty good! an AFC over 5 is great and you're right, AMH over 1.1 is normal, so you're super close there too :)

I would echo not skipping the HSG - if the issue is scar tissue or blocked tube you may be putting a lot of time and effort (and money) into TTC that is completely pointless and an easy fix once found. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's been ages since this post, I wanted to update for anyone reading later on or going through similar.  We ended up conceiving naturally two cycles after being given these numbers. (And I did not do the HSG.)