July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 714-7/15

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 714-7/15

• So glad things are good @zande2016! Wishing you a wonderful day after you get discharged with your new fmfami of 4!
  • AFM I'm watching the world cup finale. Go Croatia! I'll root for anyone but France, lol. Milo was not hungry for one of his feedings and slept 4 hours in a row so this morning he nursed a bit longer. He is mellow right now and hanging out with DH.

DH is having a hard time coming to terms with going back to work. He has an extra week and potentially 5 more he could take but we want to keep the time for later. I'm so happy about how well he has taken this fatherhood thing and I hope we can figure out a schedule for him to be able to have either bed time or bath time when he comes home from work.

While I'm on leave I'll also try to drive to his office for lunch a couple of times a week, I figured we can eat outside instead of inside the cafe to limit crowds.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kissableviv I am watching the world cup too but I'm not super stoked. My SIL is Croatian so that's who we are cheering for too
  • Congrats to all the new mommies!

@zande2016 Yay! Finally baby is here! I know that was a struggle for you in a lot of ways and I'm hoping you can really finally get to relax emotionally!

AFM finally coming up for air after this first week. DH has been incredible with DS, total natural and he's just an all around awesome dad. Me on the other hand, I'm terrible at diaper changes and DS peed in his own face, twice, on the same diaper change. :# I had a wipe there, but as soon as I moved it, off went the fountain. Sigh. I keep apologizing to him and promising I'll get the hang of it once all my swelling goes down and I have hands instead of sausage fingers again. One of our dogs has really taken to the new housemate and is doing really well. The other dog is a wreck, he's afraid of DS and is still clearly traumatized by my labor, he won't even let me into the bathroom I was in where everything got kicked off. So we're trying to gently reassure him that DS is not an intruder and also hoping that when I'm done with pp bleeding he'll be ok. He lost his mind when I got a nose bleed the other day because of my allergies. :'(
  • @noideawhatshesdoing +1 for awesome DH being better at diaper changes! I've had a couple of leaky diapers and also a pee on DS' face+ couch! Same thing where I know I need something to cover him but I'm not fast enough and off he goes! Lol.

First week is HARD, glad you're catching a breath and I hope all the dogs get accustomed soon.
  • DS has peed all over himself numerous times as well. He also got the wall next to the changing table, twice, during the same diaper change. DH just isn’t fast enough to cover the pee when it starts
  • Congratulations @comealongponds

Glad you get to go home @zande2016!

I had my first pee all over himself moment today too. I had my hand on him and was leaning down looking for diapers. Looked back up and was like "whoops"! Clothing change it is.
  • So many babies this weekend congrsts everyone!!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @MichelleAG05 haha at least it wasn't all over you yet! 

• So many adorable babies this weekend <3 

In my little part of the world, my 2.5 year old had the meltdown of all meltdowns today! Of course little sister was crying too so it was super fun lol Basically DS wanted to nurse WHILE his sister was nursing and I’m sorry but I am unable to juggle tandem nursing like that! Needless to say, I’m counting down the minutes until bedtime. Hubby is giving him a bath now so.... Let’s see how this goes lol

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• nimmlenimmle member
    Ahhh congrats to all this weekend’s mamas! So many cute babies!!

AFM having a pretty sucky being pregnant day. 38+1 and no symptoms outside of straight up being sore and feeling like a beached whale. At least I have an appointment on Tuesday and they should be checking me again for progress. Fingers crossed things are doing what they need to down there. 
  • Congrats to all the mommies. Still pregnant over here and a little bummed that I am back to work tomorrow. I stayed off my feet yesterday and relaxed quite a bit. I finally had a decent night sleep because my body wasn’t aching as I tried to settle for the night. I come home aching and swollen after work even though I have a desk job. 

@kmac103 I am afraid to have a toddler meltdown and a fussy infant at the same time!! I think I would just cry too.
  • And846And846 member
    Yay! Congrats to all the new mommy’s this weekend with their new babes.

AFM - still pregnant and miserable. Lost the MP this morning and had contractions that wrapped from my back all the way around to my lower abdomen...and i know I’m 3cm from my last appt Thur. I got excited/nervous/scared and then they went away. And i went to work. 

• @chaser61 if my husband hadn’t been here with me, I probably would have! I don’t know what I’ll do when he goes back to work because he’s seriously been saving my sanity lol I’ve decided that toddler will not be allowed to skip a nap tomorrow. And I’m the boss so I know I will win if he tries to fight me.. Maybe lol

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• @chaser61 my first toddler baby combo meltdown was hell but i got through it and I just now remind myself it will end and to breathe. 

• And846And846 member
    @wildtot that looks like the best kind of rainy day! 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @wildtot so jealous of your day!
  • So cute @wildtot

@And846 fingers crossed labor starts soon! Having contractions at all sounds like a good sign to me.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Congrats to all the new mamas who delivered this weekend!!
  • Trying to get caught up around these parts. Big congrats to all the new mammas the past few days! We brought our baby boy home tonight, only to find out our washing machine broke while we were gone. Yayyyy that’s fun with a toddler, newborn, and postpartum bleeding 
  • Ugh @zande2016 I feel like if something is going to go wrong coming home from the hospital with a newborn seems to be an extremely popular time for it to happen. Sorry your having to deal with that on top of settling in and recovering! 
  • zande2016 said:
    Trying to get caught up around these parts. Big congrats to all the new mammas the past few days! We brought our baby boy home tonight, only to find out our washing machine broke while we were gone. Yayyyy that’s fun with a toddler, newborn, and postpartum bleeding 
     With my DD my oven (which was turned off by the way) randomly caught on fire the first day I was home alone with her. 
  • Congratulations @comealongponds and @rachelsogo!  I love both of their names!  

@And846 that’s exciting to lose the MP and have contractions!  I’m still waiting for either of those to happen.  I think we’re due the same day right, 7/27?  Hopefully things start happening for you soon!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And846And846 member
    @zande2016 on no! Look on the bright side...I’m at least it is not a broken AC unit. Can the washer be repaired or does it need to be replaced? 

@flockofmoosen3 my fingers are crossed too! But I’m so on edge...when do i know “this is it” and know to go in? Ha! 

@Sarafuss yep, we are both 7/27! Lots of pain that comes and goes in my back (sometimes it wraps around to my abdomen) and then it disappears for hours. Such a tease! How are you feeling? 

• @And846 I’m feeling okay physically other than just achey and huge.  I so badly want to go into spontaneous labor but that has never happened in my last 4 pregnancies.  So we’ll see!  My induction is currently set for 39+6 so I have some time before I start losing hope!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone have reccomendations for getting out gas for a LO either gas drops or any other ideas? Bicycling the legs is helping some but I also am wondering how to keep her on the boob more instead of popping off. she will also be fine if she is upright and vertical but as soon as she is laid flat onher back she will wake up from discomfort and cry. 

• @lindsayleigh1989 gas drops worked super well for DD but DS hated it. Other people swear by gripe water. We just had to burp more often with DS. Sometimes I will do a gentle rocking back and up, or rub my hand firmly up the back. Good luck with the gas. DD2 keeps spitting up so I'm trying to burp her more too

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • And846And846 member
    @Sarafuss FX crossed for spontaneous labor with your last baby! That would be a wonderful treat! There is still plenty of time! 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 The meltdown has to stop eventually I guess! Re: gas - are you bringing toes to nose too after you bicycle? We would also put DS’ tummy on top of legs or a firm surface and rub his butt.  Sounds weird but you can google baby / gas massage. Anyway, DH made fun of me at first but 3 out of 5 times, a big poop would come out. Also, every time we brought DS to the chiropractor, he would poop. The chiro did a soft massage, not really an adjustment. Admittedly, we dealt with gas issues for months! Good luck!
  • @lindsayleigh1989 have you tried the windi? While I personally haven't used it I've heard great things from moms I know and their nose frieda product is brilliant.
    Windi the Gaspasser by Fridababy the all-natural solution for Baby Colic and Gas Relief

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited July 2018
    @runsomewhere we have a sample of that but haven’t had the guts to use it  :#
    Pedi suggested we try the gas drops for LO. Gripe water didn’t work too well for DS1 but he had major colic and acid reflux that he needed a prescription. 

Eta hopefully we can avoid the expense of gerber soothe drops. They worked but it can get expensive on a monthly basis.
  • @wildtot we subscribe and save on Amazon for gripe water - still have some bottles left from DD - wasn't sure how early you could start using it though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lindsayleigh1989 we are also struggling with gas pains and discomfort. DS struggled as well so we kept gas drops on hand, so far we have done the same and been using them when nothing else seems to be working. She hates her legs bicycled and because she gets so tense I feel it does more harm than good, not to mention she spits up a ton after nursing on the right side. A warm bath seems to help her although I know that's not feasible for everyday discomfort in a newborn. We use mylicon and it works well
  • @gingerbride26 I was going to give DS2 some gripe water last night but the box said 2 weeks and older so I didn’t. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 he peed on me the instant they set him on me. :)