October 2018 Moms

FFFC - Friday the 13th Edition.

Re: FFFC - Friday the 13th Edition.

• Loading the player...
  • In early May I got a call from social services (I guess to answer questions about a student) and the message was delivered to me via administration at work. I meant to call. And then life happened. I went to put in a grocery list on my notes app and see 'call so and so'.

Shiiiiet.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @tlmill birthday cake popcorn sounds awesome! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • totally making birthday cake popcorn with the kids after work today.
  • @tlmill What is birthday cake popcorn? Whatever it is, it sounds so good!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • tlmilltlmill member
    It’s from one of those little “gourmet” popcorn shops. It’s basically coated with birthday cake flavor. It’s pretty good but reallyyy sweet. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think this is the recipe I used for birthday cake popcorn when I made it. It's been a while, so I can't be sure. It's totally crack in a bowl...

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/birthday-cake-batter-popcorn-478211

• @sliztee it's cute when it's in a gift basket or kit! Idk, I guess I figured people would want to give blankets or something "pretty".
  • Yay for you people who don’t let your kids win! That’s one thing I’ve said I’d never do. I’ll teach them all the tricks and how to win but I won’t “let” them! I am super competitive though..games were a huge thing in my family and the first time I beat my dad at connect 4 was one of the biggest days of my life! Next to beating my grandma at dominos of course. She was the domino queen!
  • I’m super competitive and I think it’s becausr I was sent to a camp for a little while where everything ended in a tie. It made me want to make sure everyone knew I had won even if the official result was tie.

We are team don’t let the kid win. Hopefully they will be have a healthier relationship to competition than I do.
  • Three of my coworkers are leaving (1 is leaving the company and 2 are moving to a different location). I’m angry because they aren’t replacing them right away and I have to make the schedule which is impossible to fill with no people. So my FFFC would be that there’s one lady who I’d love to see get fired even though it would leave us even shorter, it’s not like she does any work anyway.
  • Don't get me wrong, useful gifts (that i registered for) are so much better than the frilly pink onesies I'm sure to get that I didn't want lol. I guess I'm pleasantly surprised that I won't be getting all clothes! Practicality wins!
  • @spartan4life

Blast already has two elephants, and we haven’t even done a shower yet.  I figure elephants are herd animals anyway.  :smiley:

As for using receiving blankets for wrapping  - I’ve run into two... umm... complications.  First is that sometimes wrapping is a challenge.  I usually try to avoid using tape, and I ise them even for smaller items.  Second is that occasionally parents don’t realize that it is a wrapped gift- they just think it is a bundle of blankets. When that happens, I don’t sweat it and just prompt them to open it because there is stuff inside.
  • @DunkinDecaf Me too. And now I’m paying for it I guess. This wisdom tooth has driven me to the brink of insanity. 
  • @DunkinDecaf Me too, only it’s been closer to 10-15 years. I lost my insurance and then when I got insurance I didn’t have a dentist and the years just keep flying by.  My kid’s dentist did give me the name of a couple good dentists in our area about 1.5 years ago & she took a look in my mouth (not in the chair or anything, but I mentioned something and she was like open up and checked it right there in the hallway, which was nice of her). Now I just need to actually call one of the dentists she recommended... maybe after baby is born.

AFM - since my kids started swim lessons in June, their shower frequency has dropped to 1 day/week... the day they have lessons because the chlorine makes one get a lot of knots in his hair. MH mentioned showers tonight for them, so I think he may have noticed I’m not doing it anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic