December 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • I may or may  not have double booked myself for this weekend so I wouldn't have to go to a bridal shower. I hate bridal showers. In my defense, it's for the daughter of a family friend of my in-laws, and while her family are wonderful people and I've met her a few times, I can probably count on one hand the number of times we've spoken directly to one another (and I've never met her fiance). Also it's in Indiana, an hour plus drive away. I did send a gift, though, so I'm not the worst person ever.
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited July 2018
    @PensiveCrayon Drop balls, eh? Is that how this works?   :p

@AGK2015 Indiana! I live there!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @AGK2015 I don’t blame you at all! Wedding showers are boring no matter what, especially if you don’t really know anyone.

My FFFC is that I was cleared to work out again 3 weeks ago and I haven’t. I was doing a circuit workout at home 4 times each week before getting pregnant, but I hated it, so I just haven’t picked it back up. I have already gained 12 pounds at 15 weeks, so I know I need to step it up, but I can’t get motivated.
  • Lol drop balls at the ultrasound. Lol 
    I am feeling really discouraged right now. I am 18 weeks and 6 days and am starting to feel flutters more and more. Although I'm still having trouble distinguishing them from muscles twitches. I am overweight (which makes it more difficult to feel baby or distinguish baby movements, apparently) and my stomach is still smushy. I just feel like I look heavier.. not pregnant. My friend is smaller and is due in January and her belly is already out there (it's her first pregnancy too!). I'm just envious and sad about it. Ugh.
  • hkomhkom member
    @brittaniahutto Don't be sad!! Everyone is different.  I'm about a week ahead of you and I just transitioned to looking more pregnant than just bloated this past week.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @brittaniahutto. Are you wearing maternity clothes? Sometimes, they make you look more pregnant and less chubby.
  • @binxybaby What part? My husband's from Crown Point, and we still head back to northwest Indiana for a lot of family functions.

@hkom They're the kinds of family friends who pop over on Christmas morning and attend long-distance family weddings (I believe the bride may have been at my baby shower? I don't know, my MIL drafted the guest list), so it does make sense to me from a non-gift-grabby perspective. There are definitely similar family friend situations on my side, it's just that there's no equivalent social function for my husband to get dragged into solo. And it is kind of nice that my in-laws and their friends have always from day one treated me like a born member of the clan; I think at this point, there aren't a whole lot of places where my MIL and SILs would go that I'd be excluded. Just... yeah, I can't do it.
  • I think my $5 was a waste on the Babylist box. I got a bottle, a pacifier and a little zip pouch with 1 diaper, a mini pack of wipes & a sample of Dreft. A onesie would've made it better.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @katy0990 I hear you about gaining weight! I was ordered to stop exercising for 5 weeks due to spotting, and after being cleared to go back, had already gained 11lbs.  After getting back into my workouts, I'm down to 7 lbs gained so far this pregnancy, which my doctor and I are much happier with (though it's still more than doc would like at only 16 weeks).  I was so excited to get back to working out though.  If you hated the circuit training, maybe try something different? It's so much easier to make it part of your routine if you are actually excited to exercise!  Or just take it easy ;)

@brittaniahutto I completely understand feeling more fat than pregnant. I hate it. But it's true that pregnancy looks different on everyone.  My sister looked pregnant at 15 weeks with her first, and I'm still just looking fat. We've got the same build and body type, so it's really just that we carry differently.  I'm trying to embrace my belly regardless, as it will only keep growing!  I have become acquainted with my bump recently, as I discovered I can feel it best in the tub.

@temmetime I thought there was a onesie in this month's babylist box!?  I swear in the unboxing video for July I saw, there was a Burt's Bees onesie!  I'm so sorry it wasn't worth it for you.  I'm still undecided if I want to spend the $5 for shipping.
  • @brittaniahutto ugh I feel you girl. I'm so jealous of everyone here who've got cute little bumps starting. I'm heavier this time than with my son, so it's weird to not see any sort of bump at all by now (18w2d). I can kind of feel it, but it's still super low! I basically have to stick my hand in my pants to touch where baby is kicking lol. 

I guess my FFFC is that I wish I'd gain a pound or two. I lost a ton the first couple months due to the gestational Diabetes diet I'm on, and while none of my doctors are concerned, I'm starting to think it's weird that I'm 18 weeks and haven't started gaining any of that weight back! If baby hadn't started (noticeably) kicking two nights ago I'd be way more worried for this appointment I'm in the waiting room for. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    Re: weight gain This is kind of a FFFC in and of itself, but I finally pitched our cheap scale a year ago because it never gave consistent readings, so I have been using the Wii Fit to weigh myself and seeing that ticker shoot up past overweight was painful. 
     I guess I am just having trouble figuring out how much I should have gained at this point. Before getting pregnant, I was pretty strict with my eating. I was consuming less than 1500 calories per day and was working out 4x each week.  I feel like that calorie intake is not necessarily safe while pregnant, plus once I find my motivation, I know my workouts will not be as intense. I gained 38 lbs with DS, but then I lost that plus an additional 25 lbs in the past 2 years. I just dont want to end up having a huge battle to lose it again after baby comes, especially because I hear it is harder the second time around. Sorry for the rant. I wish I had not weighed myself!
  • @CecilB93 I’m in the not really gaining weight boat too. I haven’t had much nausea or food aversions at all, and I only puked once (due more to brushing teeth and gagging w/ full stomach than anything else). I mentioned to my midwife and she was like “well, you’ve gained 3lbs since you were last here”. Imo, a few lbs doesn’t really count because weight can fluctuate due to water consumption. Also, I’d lost about 3 lbs early first tri from my starting weight. 
    I don’t look anymore pregnant either, since I came into this with a bit of a belly. I think I realized what my situation is though. I’ve been eating a lot more, but non pregnant tumbleweed likes to drink a couple beers every night. Pregnant tumbleweed has replaced all of those empty beer calories with food calories. That’s my guess for the lack of weight & shape change. 
    I guess this leads into a FFFC, I like to drink more than a couple beers a night. But not enough to get drunk, just 1 per hour or two starting at 5pm until I go to bed. I don’t like being drunk. I’ll have to scale that back a lot when/if I’m nursing. I probably won’t be able to have even a beer a night for a few years. Guess it’s good that I got all of that out of my system in my 20s! Lol
  • @AGK2015 Fort Wayne  :) 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @temmetime Was there a coupon for iplay in there at all? I got one in mine and they sent me a free gift, which ended up being a nice swaddling blanket and burp cloth.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @CecilB93 and @tumbleweed-1 I’m also in the weight loss first trimester camp (32 lbs) but I’ve finally gained some weight (4 lbs) in the past two weeks. Honestly I think that weight gain has been primarily because my thyroid has been going out of control and my TSH is still a little hig, but I’ve also not . I’m counting any pregnancy weight gain from my lowest pregnancy weight. It’s frustrating because I want to be gaining the right amount of weight but not too much, and 2 lbs/week the past two weeks is too much.  
  • @tumbleweed-1Err, FFFC I was having a beer several nights a week once DD started going to bed earlier than me and my husband. Before that I still had a beer once in a while, it was just easier and more relaxing when I could when she was in bed. Also, what @kristah2 said, 100%.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @binxbaby I don't see one. I will look again later, but I have all the coupons I saw in there at my desk now & it's Pampers, beyond yoga & Playtex they're all for a couple dollars off.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been so lazy in regards to DS1's bedtime.  I'm choosing my laziness over putting him to bed 5 out of 7 days a week.  :# 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @rosebud332 Oh yeah. No judgment. When babe starts going to sleep at an early hour and you actually get evenings sort of to yourself finally? Best. Ever. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • I've had one of those days and therefore I am allowing myself a bud light at my desk at 3pm.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • FFFC - I’m totally jealous of @temmetime I haven’t been able to enjoy a beer at work in years...well, not openly anyway. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary