January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1st-7th; w/o July 12

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: 
What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? 

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1st-7th; w/o July 12

• KLS123KLS123 member
    I haven't seen our week get posted for a ticker change in a while so I thought I would start it up again.

EDD? 
    01/02/19 15 weeks +1

Symptoms? 
    heartburn, headaches both occur at night so that is causing lack of sleep

Upcoming appointments? 
    Not until August 1st but that's my anatomy u/s so I'm excited to see Bean again! I haven't had an u/s since week 9

R/R/Q: 
    Is anyone feeling the baby move yet? Any FTMs feel movement? I can't feel anything and my midwives have been asking me if I feel movement for like 3 weeks now and when I answer no they kind of back peddle and are like "oh well yeah that's totally normal for a FTM, maybe next week" so I'm starting to get a little worried...

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? I totally ripped this GTKY from another thread and don't even really have an answer for it myself....we haven't really had serious talks about names yet...it just feels too soon still
  • EDD?
    1/4/19
    Symptoms?

Right now I just have a bad cold that's masking any pregnancy related symptoms I have.
    Upcoming appointments?
    I have a checkup with my CNM on the 23rd. I think it's just going to be a quick-ish weight/blood pressure kind of appointment.
    R/R/Q:
    A little rant: My husband and I both have the aforementioned cold. We are both equally miserable but he just straight up refuses to take any medicine/do anything to make himself feel better. I would take allllll the decongestants if I could, but I can't, so I'm annoyed at him for not taking advantage. Let ME be the miserable one and take care of me, goshdarnit!
    GTKY: 
    I would have really loved to use Dante (my grandfather's name) since we're having a boy.  I kept my very Italian last name, but the baby will have H's name. I was really hoping for an Italian first name so that some of my culture could be included, but H vetoed Dante and pretty much all other obviously Italian names. To be fair, they do sound kind of weird with his very short, bland last name. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KLS123 FTM mom as well and I definitely haven't felt anything close to movement yet.  From everything I've seen on the internet I wasn't really expecting anything for another month or so, so I definitely wouldn't get nervous about it!
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @kaf1788 yeah that's what I thought too based on what the interwebs say it's just odd they started asking so soon and so frequently...good to know I'm not the only one though
    Can you use your last name as the baby's middle name? That's what I'm pushing for since I also kept my maiden name and LO will have DH's last name
  • EDD?
    1/4

Symptoms?

Tired, peeing constantly, heartburn, bump that cannot be hidden...

Upcoming appointments?
    We had one last week.  Saw baby  <3 
    Next one is 8/2 

R/R/Q:
    Lot's of family stuff going on at the moment.

GTKY: 
    Meh, no idea.  We only have one girl name and we both adore it and would never do anything else and boy names are a crap shoot.  Lol
  • Thanks for starting this! 

EDD? 01/03

Symptoms? Morning sickness is still in full swing along with exhaustion, heartburn, and having to pee multiple times each night. Where is my f’ing glow?!?!

Upcoming appointments? 
    August 1st

R/R/Q: 
    I have hated pregnancy so far and it makes me really sad. I just want it to be January. I can’t enjoy my summer hiking or camping because I just feel so miserable. In Seattle, July and August are generally the two nice months of the year when it isn’t cloudy most of the time. And I’m so sad I don’t feel well enough to go outside and play most days. 

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? I love Irving but DH does not. I like old man names. We are having a boy btw! 
  • @KLS123 I haven’t felt anything yet either. My doctor said to expect it around week 18. 

@kaf1788  I hope you feel better soon! 

I also love how many women here have kept their names after marriage! I did too :)

• EDD?
    January 2nd

Symptoms?

Just round ligament pain. Sometimes I feel a little sick in the mornings, but it passes as soon as I have breakfast. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Um.... Sometime in August. Ultrasound and midwife.

R/R/Q:
    For once, a rave! I'm feeling great. I've been out hiking and kayaking, and I'm eating vegetables regularly! This is such a relief after so much time puking and going to bed at 6PM.

GTKY: 
    Clara for a girl. He said it reminds him of Claire oon Modern Family.
  • @KLS123 I have felt (very rarely) the slightest of flutters, but nothing that made me go, "OMG OMG OMG!" It usually happens if I'm feeling full and I'm stretched right out. 
    It's normal not to feel anything for a while yet. It's also normal for the medical person to ask if you're feeling anything. I suspect the reassurances they give you are just so that you don't think something is wrong because you can't feel anything yet - nothing to worry about.
  • EDD?
    December 29th, 15+5 today 

Symptoms?
    I get really tired in the afternoons and wake up pretty much dying of thirst around 2am

Upcoming appointments? 
    I’ve got a gender reveal ultrasound a week from today and a check in with my midwife in two weeks. 

R/R/Q: 
    This kid keeps demanding spicy food and I give in only to be rewarded with heartburn. Also, my sex drive returned this week finally, but I keep falling asleep before DH comes to bed. If it happens again I’m waking him up after my 2am pee break for sex and I’m not even going to feel bad about it.

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? I love the name Stella but DH absolutely hates it. I wanted Donald to be our boys name after my dad, but DH doesn’t want anyone to think we named the kid after Trump. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    thanks for all the feedback! That is good to hear that feeling movement this early is not necessarily expected (particularly for FTMs).

@gorgeousariel I am also starting to "nest" and have been cleaning out/organizing different spots around the house to make room for baby stuff. This weekend I have the bathroom cabinets and kitchen cabinets on the list to hit next. 
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited July 2018
    I'm going to have to respond to everyone when I'm at my computer....so frustrating to do on mobile!

EDD? 
    01/07/19  14+4 today

Symptoms? 
    headaches, insomnia, fatigue mainly. Still nauseated and gaggy here and there throughout the day, but it's not constant anymore (although some days are still better than others).

Upcoming appointments? 
    Regular prenatal check in with my GP on Monday (16th) and then 1st OB appointment July 31st.

R/R/Q: Not really a rant but I'm supposed to get my NIPT results today and I'm SO nervous (lab confirmed they released them yesterday). @gorgeousariel my bloodwork (not NIPT,  just placental hormone/protein levels) came back at 1/40 risk of Down Syndrome. NT scan was clear (good nasal bone, NT @ 1.5 mm) so I'm trying not to freak since both my doctor and the genetic counselor said false positive rate is pretty high. 1/40 still only equates to 2.5% chance so 97.5 % chance baby is fine. 2.5% is still much higher than I'd like, hence the stressing. Because my risk was higher, I got the NIPT for free, so I hope that comes back low risk today.

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? There have been a lot over the years with each kid! Nothing really this time around. DH isn't 100% sold on Charles which is on my list but that's about it. I think we're pretty set on the girl name (Josephine). Boy names are so hard!

ETA: NIPT results came back LOW RISK!!! And I still managed to stay Team Green even though they were able to determine sex...that was so hard!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• EDD? January 5th

Symptoms? I've been totally fine,  except the lasttwo mornings I've gotten MS. Which is bizarre since I've barely been sick at all.  Maybe little boy isn't a morning person and punishing me for waking up lol

Upcoming appointments? August 2nd, a couple more weeks to go. 

R/R/Q: not much,  just impatient for my next appointment. 

GTKY: What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? 
    I wanted Charlotte for a girl,  but since we're having a boy it doesn't matter. 
  • @MrsPyrowiz - I have to pee all the time too. It's actually getting super annoying.  Not really looking forward to it getting worse the farther we get. 
  • @tosh24 hoping you get good results today! We didn't do the NIPT, just the regular blood work. 
  • EDD? 1/1 ... 15+3

Symptoms? still completely exhausted (could be from everything going on though), nauseous and just cranky!

Upcoming appointments? 
    Monday I have my 16 wk appointment before I start my Makena injections.  It also starts my bi-weekly preterm labor monitoring which has won me bi-weekly appointments from now till the end with 2 ultrasounds a month.  Joy.... 

R/R/Q:
    we're coming off a 2 wk vacation that ended with my BILs wedding.  I'm exhausted and it's been an insane week so I just want to do nothing and sleep all the time but I can't because my 5 year old has been crazy lately.  But at least the wedding is over, I'm starting to get back in a routine and hopefully life will slow down before summer is over.

also, in response to the movement question - I started with this weird pain right in the middle/bottom of my belly a few nights ago.  As I was listening to my doplar thinking that's where baby was (and he was), I felt the tiniest push.  I'm also STM so not surprised but that was the once and only time I've felt it thus far.

GTKY: What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? 
    I sort of got my way this time.  Boys names are just hard but DH picked out our sons name and I didn't argue so when he realized that Colton is the name I was pretty hooked on, he agreed.  So Colton Scott it will be :)

• klj62212klj62212 member
    edited July 2018
    EDD? Jan 5th

Symptoms? Insomnia, occasional nausea (finally some relief!), ever-growing belly, random cravings. 

Upcoming appointments? 7/17

R/R/Q: my hubby had a root canal this week and you'd think he gave birth to a mammoth. I've had one and it wasn't that bad. Men can be big weenies sometimes. 

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? Haven't come across this issue (yet). We have both agreed on the names we have picked out (not finding out the gender). 
  • @KLS123 I’m a STM and almost 15 weeks and I still don’t think I’m even feeling movement yet. With DD I didn’t feel her until 17-18 weeks and even then that was in hind site. It was about 20 weeks when I was 100% confident in what I was feeling. 

@MrsPyrowiz sorry about the family stuff. I hope it settles down soon. 

@alexandraseattle also team still feeling sick. Hang in there. I hope it fades away for you soon. 

@leighbrek ugh. Just reading the word vegetable made me nauseas. Haha. But seriously I’m glad you’re feeling better!

@DLpanda08 ugh yes to the spicy food heartburn! It’s brutal. But I do it anyway. 

@gorgeousariel I’m glad the NT looked good and the SCH is stable. Hugs for the slightly elevated Down syndrome risk. I think the NT measuarement probably would lower it. And on top of that, 1:530 is still not a high risk at all! When do you get your next draw?

@tosh24 I read your update on the genetic screening thread. So happy everything came back good! NIPT is so worth it in my opinion. 

@galactickates my nausea hasn’t really gone away but I hadn’t been puking much until the last two morning as well. Hopefully it’s a fluke. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• @BitterBetty12 I can have my next draw starting at 16w. I was going to do it after my appointment at the end of the month because the office and lab are in the same parking lot ( I would be 17w) but now I'm thinking I will do it at 16w so the results should* be there by my apppappoint. 
  • EDD? 1/7

Symptoms?
    Some tiredness and nausea returning- but I did fly back from Greece earlier this week so I'm blaming it on the jet lag since I was fine before. Boobs are still tender and definitely bigger. I'm gonna need to get more new bras soon. Some heartburn at night.

Upcoming appointments?  
    Not for a while, but I had one earlier this week and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. That was pretty exciting!

R/R/Q: 
    I ordered some maternity clothes online and each of the pieces came in a separate bag with the same freebies, so now I have 5 pacifiers. Those and the free bottle they gave me when I bought some stuff in the store are the only baby things I have.

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? We've actually been pretty much on the same page with regards to names. We both prefer classic, traditional names I've suggested one or two that DH didn't like but they weren't ones I was in love with.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @galactickates it's the worst!  It's a lot more annoying later on once its physically difficult to get out of bed and part of you wonders if it would make more sense just to get some depends. Lol

@BitterBetty12 thank you.  
  • EDD?

Jan 5

Symptoms

The nausea and exhaustion are mostly gone, thankfully. My biggest issues now are lower back pain and peeing 5000 times a day.  

Upcoming appointments?

Nothing until the end of the month

R/R/Q:

Nothing, really

GTKY: 

None, really. I'm pretty set on James, after my grandfather. DH likes the name, but thinks it's too early to commit to a name. I may or may not have started calling the baby James anyway lol

• Back from Yellowstone in the land of cell service and internet – hoping to catch up on everything I missed over the last week but that AMA post is real long and intimidating looking. I do love all the classic names people are liking in this thread at least :)

@kls123 – I hear FTM don’t feel anything until closer to 20 weeks, and think it also depends on your size prior to pregnancy. I swear I thought I almost felt something about a week ago, but haven’t felt anything since so it must’ve been nothing.

@alexandraseattle – I am so with you on the pregnancy. I have not enjoyed this. It’s like, I constantly feel off and like my body isn’t my own, and this is supposed to be the honeymoon phase? Ugh. I am still doing outdoor things, but feel mostly gross, overheated, and out of breath. Hope we both start turning the bend soon.

@DLPanda08 – Spicy food is the best, have you tried any heartburn tea? I got some and maybe its psychosomatic but I have less heartburn/less severe heartburn days I drink it. As for your DH, you should try what I do: Hey, I’m gonna be in the mood to get down for the next 45 minutes, then I’m going to be asleep. Your call when you come to bed, but thought you should make an informed decision. So far, that’s worked every time ;)

@tosh24 – Congrats on the low risk NIPT result! I know that’s a huge relief.

EDD? Jan 6, 15+1 today – starting to feel real.

Symptoms? I had one day last week I felt no nausea at any point in the day – which is crazy. I guess 1sttrimester symptoms are really abating. I am starting to get some more 2ndtri symptoms now (or is it just cause I was traveling?) – headaches, higher libido, back pain, stereotypical stuff. ALSO, I am still at a net loss of about 6-7 pounds from when I got pregnant, but swear I look fatter anyway (not necessarily pregnant, but maybe that’s it because I can’t button some pants now). I said this out loud at work today and two coworkers responded simultaneously: (1) you are def starting to show; (2) you aren’t showing yet, it’s in your head. So, who knows.

Upcoming appointments? Boring appointment next week, then hoping I can schedule the anatomy scan while my mom is in town visiting, but it might be too early (I’d be 18+5).

R/R/Q: Returning to work after vacation, that’s always a rant, right? Also, the humidity and heat in DC can GTFO. DH was super sweet the whole trip though and has been getting more into the pregnancy, which is fun to watch. So that’s my rave.

GTKY: What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? Not sure, we haven’t had any serious talks about names yet.

Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• EDD? 1/1

Symptoms?
    Fatigue and starting to get headaches often. I got them a lot when I was pregnant with DS also.

Upcoming appointments?
    Next appointment is my anatomy scan August 16th!

R/R/Q: I
    just wish I had more energy. I feel like with DS once I hit 14 weeks I had so much more energy and I just don't have that yet 

GTKY: 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? DH is very picky about names it took us forever to agree on DSs name. I can't really think of any that I am in love with though, I'm a very indecisive person so I go back and forth between a lot of names. I do like the name Liam for a boy but wouldn't be crushed if DH said no way. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kabazaba I feel you on the heat situation! It’s been 90 here in Seattle and most folks (including us) don’t have A/C. It’s too hot to sleep.
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @Kabazaba I feel you on the heat situation! It’s been 90 here in Seattle and most folks (including us) don’t have A/C. It’s too hot to sleep.
    Oh yeah we are breaching 100 degrees here in Texas but luckily everywhere is air conditioned. BUT the car is about 200 degrees every time I need to go anywhere and takes several minutes to cool down. I started bringing an ice pack with me in the car or else I start feeling sick from the heat immediately. 
  • My hands were so swollen from the heat/humidity when I woke up this morning I couldn't get my wedding/engagement rings on my finger! I wasn't expecting this until later in pregnancy..
  • @kaf1788 SAME! I’ve been having swelling issues. I’m hoping it’s becauae it’s summer time and maybe it’ll calm down for a bit in the fall! I had bad swelling and carpal tunnel with DD though so I’m not hopeful. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Did anyone else’s belly completely pooch out this week?? 
  • @alexandraseattle Yep, but probably cus I'm 16+2 and the uterus is on the rise! Haha
  • @alexandraseattle yup! In certain outfits I look crazy pregnant now. I compared it to my pregnancy with DD and it’s insane how different it is!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3