February 2019 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 7/12

Re: UO Thursday 7/12

• Options
    I don’t like Chick Fil A nuggets. They’re sweet.
  • Options
    I don’t like Chick Fil A nuggets. They’re sweet.
    We don't have a chick fil a!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto @kayjay44 I never ever used one.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Erinm278 said:
    ditto @kayjay44 I never ever used one.
    I did try it my first pregnancy when I was naive and bought everything the articles said I needed. Waste of money. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    My friend texted me at 7 this morning about going to Build a Bear. Noooope. They sold out an hour after they started. Guess they gave out good coupons though. 
  • Options
    I don't like gift registries. I can spend my money however I want. It's not my job to outfit your kid/house and if you can't do it yourself, that's your problem. It makes me insane when people complain about what gifts they did or did not receive.

For the record, I try to give very nice gifts and I'm not offended if they are returned.

Rant over.
  • Options
    Belly bands are stupid. You couldn’t have paid me to wait in that build a bear line, especially with children. Semi related ...

I hate buying stuff because it’s on sale. My husband used to love Black Friday, but I think is the dumbest thing ever. Not interested in waking up wildly early when I’m usually foggy from Thanksgiving wine to spend money on stuff we don’t need, thank you very much. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 - I only do registries for the completion coupons.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @madreofdragons NO!

@Erinm278 I was going to take my daughter tomorrow for her first birthday, then when they came out with this I was like Ok, I’ll stand in line for 2 hours for that, not knowing how INSANE it would be. NOPE! But now I’m pissed I won’t be able to take her tomorrow since they’re “sold out”. Are they really sold out or are they lying because of the crowds?

@kayjay44 Agreed. They’re pointless.

@ruby696 I don’t mind registries as a suggestion, sometimes I legit have no idea what to buy so I’m glad I can get something they want/need. But people complaining how the gifts someone kindly spent their money on and have them? Hell no. Also can’t stand when people post asking for everything since “babies are expensive” Yeah they are, so if you can’t afford it and all the stuff they need, don’t get pregnant. 
  • Options
    kayjay44 said:
    @ruby696 - I only do registries for the completion coupons.
    I've done them for that reason too, but I've kept mine private. I will buy things off of registries if I'm giving a gift out of obligation. But I try to buy something special for those I care about.

I also despise showers in general so it's entirely possible that I just have a crappy attitude.
  • Options
    @LuLiLaEv Exactly! People are so entitled. It's just gift grabby.
  • Options
    @ruby696 - I'm not a big shower person either - I have never even wanted one but get pushed into them. Then I get a bunch of shit I don't want that I either have to sell, return or donate.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
  • Options
    Hahaha I remember somebody getting the life flamed out of her for saying she absolutely needed a second full size changing table so her 3 month old wouldn’t get jealous. :joy: 
  • Options
    I hate traditional showers. Games, gift opening, hate it all. Let’s just have a party instead. 
  • Options
    Erinm278 said:
    These people waiting in lines wrapping around the mall for a build a bear are all kinds of crazy.  I told family if anyone gets my children another stuffed animal I would punch them in the kidney..there's no way in hell you'll catch me waiting in line for hours for another stuffed animal.  Come on over to my house and I'll give you some for free.

*I won't really punch them in the kidney but they don't know that.
    *lurking from March 19*

All of this! I flipping hate all DD’s stuffed animals. You couldn’t pay me to stand in that line for another. 
  • Options
    JLaVO888 said:
    Erinm278 said:
    These people waiting in lines wrapping around the mall for a build a bear are all kinds of crazy.  I told family if anyone gets my children another stuffed animal I would punch them in the kidney..there's no way in hell you'll catch me waiting in line for hours for another stuffed animal.  Come on over to my house and I'll give you some for free.

*I won't really punch them in the kidney but they don't know that.
    *lurking from March 19*

All of this! I flipping hate all DD’s stuffed animals. You couldn’t pay me to stand in that line for another. 
    Preach. I've never had an interest in going - going with really long lines, even for cheap prices... you couldn't pay me.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @ruby696 you must not have family members who when not given ideas/ lists end up gifting things like 6ft bronze giraffe statues wo a receipt. This is typical with the older generation of my family unless directed to and given a list. So, sometimes, they are needed. That giraffe, not the only large scale animal members of my family have received from other family, with no receipt. For the record, they are impossible to get rid of. Our lists at this point are for space and sanity.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited July 2018
    @smallbutmighty77 My grandmother used to give me a box of Pop Tarts and a $25 check for Christmas. My great aunt found figurines around her home and gifted those. I currently have a tin goat on my porch from my mother. I said thank you when I received those gifts. 

If someone asks for ideas, I will make suggestions. But I would never make a list of acceptable gifts for my family.

ETA: words are hard
  • Options
    I don't enjoy watching Gilmore Girls. They have annoying personalities, and I would not be friends with them IRL.
  • Options
    I don't enjoy watching Gilmore Girls. They have annoying personalities, and I would not be friends with them IRL.
    I've never made it through an episode.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @ruby696 my grandma once gave me a shirt she bought at a garage sale, still covered in cat hair, as a Christmas gift. Pop tarts and a check would have been awesome. 
    I think list and registries are great, as long as people don’t feel obligated to stick to it. The older generations gave us weird stuff they found at flea markets for our wedding/shower/kids birthdays anyway, at least a list increases the chances of getting something needed or wanted.
  • Options
    @conchispita I think lists are fine if people ask for them, that's just not how I roll. And my original comment was really geared more towards people who get upset when they don't get everything they listed on their registry.

FWIW I did have a registry for my baby shower because everyone demanded it. But the gifts that meant the most to me didn't come from the registry. I loved getting handmade blankets and things like that.

PS - I got a box of Junior Mints from her one year too. That was pretty awesome. And since she's passed away, I actually love those memories of the ridiculous gifts she gave  :)