November 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms - Month of July

Re: Symptoms - Month of July

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm back to gagging (no throwing up thankfully) from the mucus as well. Ugh! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Right!? A lot of nights, it's so bad, it hurts to stand up straight. I can burp pretty easily, but most of the time I'm like, "If I could just get one good toot, I would feel infinitely better." Lol. it's terrible! Seems like it's been this way since the day I got my BFP.
  • Options
    Count me in for team insomnia. Last night I was up 4 times throughout the night and just could not get comfortable. Then of course when you try to fall back asleep, the mind starts running and it's nearly impossible. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    I am starving all the time this week. It is ridiculous. I am doing everything in my power to not eat my lunch 2 hours before it is really lunch time. And the exhaustion has kicked back up. I'm going to bed at 9 and haven't even been waking up to help with the kids in the middle of the night. Poor DH. I just don't hear them because I'm sleeping so hard. DD is a very active dreamer and DS is going through a sleep regression. Worst wife ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    rainbow light brand prenatals! they r food based, taste horrible and u have to take 3 tablets daily...but my experience so far has been very good.
  • Options
    Everytime I wake up in the middle of the night to shift position I immediately get leg cramps. They're so awful. I've been trying to stay hydrated because I've heard that helps. Anyone else have any ideas for dealing with them? 
  • Options
    @meg1115 if you’re waking up because of leg cramps and you’re willing to try out an old wives tale, i’ve heard placing a bar of soap near your legs at night works. you’ll have to google the accurate directions. for myself, i wake up before they start and if it feels like i might get a leg cramp at night, i stretch my feet/toes upwards towards my shins and that seems to stop the cramps from happening. 
  • Options
    @meg1115 I'm useless for preventative advice but I can tell you that if you do the stretch @highsteaks mentioned and point your toes up towards your shin, it stops them. I had them constantly with DD and learned that stretch pretty quickly lol. 
  • Options
    So.much.discharge. Like... Good lord!

Also I feel ya on the leg cramps! They suck. Stretching definitely helps.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Thanks @highsteaks and @MouseMama817 ! I've never heard the old wives tale about soap--will have to look it up. I'll need to practice quicker reflexes on the stretching. Having to hop out of bed to walk around is getting old, especially because now it's more like a slow roll out of bed :s 
  • Options
    +1 for waking up at night.

Also I have been having lower back pain which has been very annoying.
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts +1 to the discharge. Holy cow. Also got my first leg cramp last night, I have always been told to eat bananas for them. However, bananas give me horrible acid reflux. Can’t win with this baby. 
  • Options
    I've suffered with leg/feet cramps all my life so have a few tips and tricks - can't guarantee they'll work for everyone but worth a try:
    - The stretch that's already been mentioned, plus stretching before bed and ankle rotations.
    - A warm foot bath if a foot cramp won't budge. I use a washing up bowl with warm water in it!
    - Use the toilet! Relaxing muscles to go can have a knock on effect to the cramped muscles.
    - For your last drink of the day add a pinch of salt. You won't taste it if you mix it well but it seems to do something.
    - Walk about on different floor surfaces. One might feel better than the others and that can help to relax you.
    Easier said than done, but try not to hold yourself tense as well.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I ate way too much garlic sauce and pita last night at dinner and then was up all night with heartburn. Ugh. And gassy and leg cramps. 
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy Haha! That's the worst! I'm getting constant pressure and kicks to the bladder. It's such a bummer when I'm juuuuust about to fall asleep, and then BAM! Bathroom break. Right now.
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy I feel you on the bladder kicks. Everytime I think to myself "maybe I should go" and I don't have to, baby makes sure to kick on my bladder so that I have to go. I fear 3rd tri when I am going to go more than I am now.. I am going to be living in the bathroom! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited July 2018
    The swelling is getting bad! I'm nervous how much longer to leave my rings on but I feel like 22 weeks is too early for this nonsense. Anyone else have bad swelling already? I drink a ton of water but it doesn't matter. Ordering a silicone ring so I am ready when the day comes  :'(
  • Options
    @ftm_jen No swelling here yet, but I'm sure it's coming. DS laid in my stomach so weird that only my right side was ever swollen. My left foot would be fine, but my right would look like an elephant's. That was more toward the very end, but regardless, I'm not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Well, count me in on the insomnia train... :( And of course I spend all day wanting to sleep. Nap or no nap during the day, I'm still sleeping very badly during the night, for no reason. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lachnessmomster I don't know how I'm going to make it another 4 months if it's already starting  :'(
  • Options
    @ftm_jen I didn't have swelling in my hands with DS (but again, he was born at 29 weeks), but I notice my rings are snugger than they usually are. My feet, on the other hand, were swollen by the time we got home from vacation and I got a sneak peek of whats coming once I start back to work =\ Not looking forward to trying to find shoes that fit for the whole day!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy some of my flats don't go on at the start of the day! I can't wait to ask my Dr about it but I had a prenatal yesterday and she suggested drawing the alphabet with my feet. I guess that's supposed to get the blood moving again. Worth a shot!
  • Options
    @ftm_jen I definitely feel your pain with the swelling. This week wasn't too bad, but last week with the heat and wearing bad shoes I had huge feet and ankles. I also haven't been able to wear my wedding ring comfortably for a week or so, so I've switched to a claddagh ring which is a little more forgiving.  
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Haha I love that movie.

I think I figured out that this weird soreness near my downstairs is increased blood flow and vascularity. I’m going to confirm at my next appointment but I have a friend who had this happen with her second and she was told it was swollen veins. I thought maybe it was everything widening but I’m pretty sure my labia isn’t widening. I can hardly cross my legs you guys.
  • Options
    msb11182018msb11182018 member
    edited July 2018
    New symptom today is rapid heart beat even when just sitting/laying down..according to Dr. Google its common due to increased blood volume in the 3rd trimester so I guess that makes sense just feels really weird like little one is squirming in my stomach and in my chest. 26 weeks tomorrow. 
  • Options
    My arms and hand fall asleep. every 10 mins I wake up with pins and needles depending on what side Im on. Normal due to increase blood flow but havent figured out to make it stop yet lol
  • Options
    My arms and hand fall asleep. every 10 mins I wake up with pins and needles depending on what side Im on. Normal due to increase blood flow but havent figured out to make it stop yet lol”

Carpal tunnel during pregnancy is common, I got it last time. You can go to any pharmacy store, Walgreens, CVS, and get wrist braces over the counter. I wore them 24/7, but even just at night to sleep in them really helps. 
  • Options
    Back spasms.  Make them stop, please! :frowning:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Yes to night sweats! I always wake up really sweaty, even though I don't feel hot at all. It's really strange. 
    @lifesabeach85 Agreed. I can barely manage to get anything done after work because I'm just so tired and want to sit on the couch like a blob. 

AFM--not really a symptom, but baby movements are starting to get really weird. I don't remember it feeling like this when I was pregnant with DD. This baby seems to like to curl up in a ball or stretch out or something--she presses out on my belly so it gets super hard in places. She does that frequently throughout the day and it's pretty uncomfortable. It feels like she's already taking up all the room there is and she still has like 6.5 more pounds to gain until she gets here (DD was about 8.5 pounds)!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts smelly!!!! Like my usual natural deodorant is just not cutting it anymore lol.  
  • Options
    Insomnia is back, carpal tunnel is getting worse, and baby has got to be practicing karate kicks to the point of my stomach being sore. Isnt it too soon for that?!? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can’t remember who in this thread said they were having stabby boob pain but I am now right there with you. It’s the worst! 
  • Options
    Adding myself in the smelly/night sweats camp, unfortunately!

@emjohn517 what natural deodorant are you using? I probably spent over $50 trying various brands at Whole Foods only to continue stinking... finally broke down and ordered yet another one (Native) and it's the first one I've found that I don't stink with! Been using it since Saturday and so far, so good.

@firsttimespartanmom I've been having the stabby boob pain off and on since probably 8 weeks pregnant and it's not fun! It's really kicked itself up a notch these past few weeks, and my boobs have also grown significantly despite already having Ds. It almost feels like someone has taken an electrified wire and jammed it into my boobs. The stabby pains only last for a few seconds usually, but it's very vivid and painful!