December 2018 Moms
Options

FTM check-in 7/11

How far along are you? Have you felt kicks?

Any appointment updates?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: What songs will you have on your baby's lullaby list?

Re: FTM check-in 7/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kadeephd

I completely avoided the last high school reunion because I had no interest in seeing anybody - I felt like it would just turn into a popularity contest! So I feel you.. Maybe you could have fun with some virgin drinks instead - I love virgin mojitos.

As for lullabies - I don't know any either! I figured baby wouldn't know the difference as long as it's somewhat comforting, hence my list. Also, I doubt I would love singing the same lullabies over and over again, so I figured I would pick songs I already seem to sing all the time.

• Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited July 2018
    @ab_canada I'm sure babies wouldn't care if you are singing death metal as long as you sing it softly and calmly.  I have this idea of knowing lots of lullabies though so I'm going to try to make a good list of songs that are lullaby-ish that I know and try to learn some more.  I just remembered I sang in a "sleep" theme concert relatively recently so I have some new ideas:

Sleep by Eric Whitacre
    Sure on This Shining Night by Morten Lauridsen
    Only in Sleep by Eriks Esenvalds
    Ballade to the Moon by Daniel Elder

This is fun!  I am definitely using this question to procrastinate work...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 Good luck at the new job!  And yeah like you and @ab_canada I had no interest in HS reunions.  I skipped 5 & 10.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1
    I will have to look for Rockabye Baby - that sounds really awesome! That made me think of another idea. I have spotify, so I wonder if they have some stuff like that already on hand - it would be easy to set up.

@kadeephd
    I've sang some Eric Whitacre stuff but I can't imagine just singing my line without the other parts. His harmonies are so complex that I imagine it would sound weird (but I am an alto, so maybe he gives all the weird lines to us!). I actually follow him on facebook. He's the only "celebrity" on my feed.

• Options
    @ab_canada It definitely wouldn't be the same without the other parts, but I am a soprano so I tend to have more melody.  I haven't tried Sleep on my own though... maybe it would be weird.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    18+4; I've definitely had fluttering. I'm pretty sure I got kicked/jabbed in the bladder the other night though because it was a quick second of suddenly feeling like I had to go, but went away
    Any appointment updates?  
    Today in an hour!!! It's a sonogram and the wait is killing me!!! 
    Not really anything at the moment. Just waiting for the reassurance that everything is going well with the baby. 
    what songs won't be? Lol. Definitely, you are my sunshine (since I've been singing that when I'm by myself anyway, lol) and alot of Disney songs.  <3
  • Options
    @kadeephd Maybe find something that’s form fitting and still forgiving? I was hiding a fetus at the last wedding I went to, but my issue was hiding bloat (I wore one of these dresses from Amazon and loved it). Luckily they had dispensers of flavored water that were delicious and easy concealed my sobriety.
    @tumbleweed-1 Congrats on the new job! Also I think our babies will be listening to the same things :lol:
    @ab_canada A friend uses Spotify for bathtime playlists with her infant, so I’m sure lullabies are readily available too.

18 Weeks today - no kicks yet. Sometimes I think I feel something at night when I lay my hand on the tum, but it's always fleeting and infrequent. *shrugs shoulders*

Any appointment updates?  
    Received test results from AFP - normal! Two weeks until the anatomy scan :smiley:

Dear Diary, our household goods are due to arrive on Friday! It sucks that we'll miss DH's official class meet & greet, but we are more than ready to have things like our washer & dryer, kitchen appliances, and chairs. You may ask "But Echo, if you knew that you needed to live out of your suitcase, why didn't you pack better?" Well, it's because we packed for 10 days as per our delivery agreement. They pulled the rug out from under us and said "Nevermind! Nobody can deliver your stuff for another 2-3 weeks." Uggghhhh.

None thus far! Kiddo is going to be exposed to what we listen to at home, largely Ramin Djawadi's compositions and Daft Punk & various EDM. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @whitneyb89 Good luck on the sonogram! Let us know how it goes!

@echo-charlietango Lol, EDM should make for an active baby

• Options
    @tumbleweed-1 Congrats on your new job! I hope you love it!

@echo-charlietango Hooray for getting all the things! Hope Friday comes quickly for you!

19 weeks 4 days! And...maybe? It's hard to tell! I think I've felt some kicks in my lower right side a few times, but I'm just not sure. I found out at my last US that I have an anterior placenta, so it may still be a few weeks til I really feel something.

Any appointment updates?  
    Nothing happening appt-wise til August.

DH and I had our 1st real disagreement about baby-related things yesterday. We were talking about what our plans are for when I go into labor (when to call our parents, asking them to call our siblings, etc.) and we got on the subject of who would be invited back to see/hold the baby first. At our hospital, you're allowed to have 3 people in the maternity ward with you. One will be DH, and that leaves 2 others. DH suggested having grandmas come back first, then grandpas second. I am much closer with my dad than my mom and I totally want him to be in the room first. When I mentioned that, DH suggested my dad and his mom first. Would that be weird? I feel like my parents should go in together (and I obviously would want them in first so my dad can be there), but that's only b/c I don't want my mom to feel like she's less important to me. Right now DH isn't willing to make his mom wait, and I am definitely having my father be the first to come in. I also feel like my dad and DH's mom are always trying to one-up each other. If they're both in the room at the same time, it could be a struggle to have one hold the baby before the other. I mean, I feel like the mother's parents should come in first, right? Their daughter did just give birth. Ugh! I'm so stressed already, and this is still sooooo far away! I blame the pregnancy hormones! Definitely looking for suggestions or how other people plan to handle this (if you've even considered it yet).

Oh, this is tough! Stealing You are My Sunshine from @whitneyb89 (I've been singing that already too!). Some Elvis songs for sure, like Love me Tender, and probably lots of Journey and Billy Joel!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @mag1cbeli3ver If I were in your situation, I would make the family draw straws to see you in the maternity ward! Why? Just let randomness decide who sees you first - you can’t change the hospitals rules, so it shouldn’t be your burden to choose the first/last parents to see you and the baby. I suggest popsicle sticks numbered one through ten. When it is time, YH will conceal the numbers and the waiting family will draw sticks. Numbers one and two will go first, then switch out with three and four - and so on.

ETA: Let them swap numbers if they want to! If I did that with my family I think that numbers one and two would be swapped to let the moms in first - just because I know my family!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the new job well wishes. I’m so excited! Childcare industry tends to be really high stress and high turnover, so I’m thrilled about the staff development and benefits that I’ve heard of so far. Having my baby in my class might be nice, or it might be challenging. Lol, hopefully my baby will understand when I’m helping a dif infant and he/she needs to wait. 
    @echo-charlietango probably! We saw Ramin Djawadi when he came through our town a year/two ago doing GoT concerts. It was very pretty. 
    @mag1cbeli3ver I think having your parents go in and then YH parents go in makes more sense than his mom, your dad. I haven’t thought about who would be in the delivery room because all of my parents live 2-4 hours away. But I do think about this sort of stuff in general because my parents divorced when I was young and I was raised by my step dad, but also don’t want to ever offend my birth father. I also get along a lot better with my step mom than my mom, and obviously don’t want my mom to feel like she’s less important. I’m always walking on eggshells. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited July 2018
    19 weeks + 1 day.  I'm pretty sure I've felt kicks.  There is just nothing else it could be in my mind.  It feels, well, exactly like a tiny person is kicking me from the inside.  It's still fairly infrequent though - only every few days / maybe twice a week.

Any appointment updates?  
    Anatomy scan on Monday!

H is out of town until Sunday and I am sad  :( 

GTKY: What songs will you have on your baby's lullaby list:smile:
    This hasn't even been remotely on my radar, but now that I think about it, lots of Doc Watson, John Prine, and Paul Simon.  Generically, bluegrass, folk, and old time.  

@mag1icbeli3ver  I guess I really don't understand the importance of being THE FIRST to see/hold the baby.  I agree with echo, just explain the hospital rules and pick randomly.  Then let them figure it out amongst themselves if they want to switch it up.  And give them a time limit so the first people in don't hog.

@kadeephd I agree on the sober weddings, or any type of big party, being difficult sober.  My BIL's wedding is in a month with H's HUGE extended family.  We told H's parents that they get to tell all of their own siblings (so, our aunts and uncles) that we are having a baby.  We figured since it's their first grandchild that they would be super excited and tell everyone right away, but we actually aren't sure if they've told anyone yet.  I swear on all that is holy, if I go to this wedding in a month and have to individually explain to every one of the 200 people there that I am pregnant...

@tumbleweed-1  Yay for your new job!!

Agree with everyone on the HS reunions.  Skipped my 5 and 10, and will probably continue to not show for subsequent ones as well.

Anyone else having trouble with tagging??  The actual website usually isn't glitchy like the mobile app, but it's terrible today.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver
    Having an anterior placenta would suck. One of the ladies at my work has one and she says she was able to feel baby at around 25 weeks.

I like echo's idea of drawing straws. Nobody would get offended that way. And if you don't want to risk separating your parents, you can agree that parents only draw one straw and go in together. Or else talk about it some more as the time goes on - sometimes people change their minds. So far DH and I haven't argued about anything like that yet but I could see myself getting caught off guard if his idea ends up being something opposite of what I thought. But there is still lots of time to figure that out.

• Options
    @morgantu

Stampede is definitely a whole city affair. It lasts about 10 days and downtown just parties the whole time. The corporate community is very supportive of it (especially downtown offices), so it's super fun. There are free breakfasts (yucky eggs and breakfast sausage, but still fun) all over downtown, music playing, etc. 

• Options
    morgantumorgantu member
    edited July 2018
    @ab_canada wow! I love stuff like that! Hope you are able to have some time to enjoy it :) 
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Glad you are getting your stuff!  Also, I am not trying to hide that I am pregnant at this wedding, but like @hkom I don't feel like explaining to people that I am.  We'll see how it goes.  Also @hkom my husband's cousin is getting married next month and I also hope everyone has been told.  That will be my third, and hopefully final, wedding pregnant (at least this time around).  We are turning down an invite in September because it's far and just not worth the stress of the trip.

@whitneyb89 Hope your sonogram went well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @scaredunprepared Yes on the military wives.  I couldn't do it.  H has mentioned it in passing before and I am just like you will not.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Re: Mil wives
    I say "it's not too bad" but I am also fiercely independent and have helped out several other spouses deal with deployments. Having DH at home is good, but sometimes I need my space too!

@whitneyb89 Happy you had a good appointment :smiley:

Anniversary
  • Options
    16+5. Have definitely felt flutters a few times, but not regularly at all. I felt the earlier one around 13 weeks, and since then maybe 3-4 more times. It's definitely not gas! Haha. I feel that all the time and it's way different.

Any appointment updates?  
    My next appointment is next Tuesday. It's like watching paint dry waiting for it. Haha!

I'm feeling super thankful to a bunch of people right now! One friend gave me her entire maternity wardrobe. She's a bit taller so 3 of the pants don't fit, but everything else is perfect. Another friend is coming this weekend with some clothes, a diaper genie and a bottle warmer. Then another friend who has a newborn is going to stockpile the toys when they're done with them for me to take afterwards.

GTKY: What songs will you have on your baby's lullaby listsmile 
    You Are My Sunshine - like everyone else. Haha. Disney, jazz (since that's my background, but nothing too fast or high energy :) ). I haven't even thought about this yet. I'll probably find some pre-made spotify playlists too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am 19 Weeks, 3 Days today. Baby is an active little bugger in there so I've been feeling lots of kicks. Also, my uterus is the size of a planet for some reason so I just imagine him swimming around all day.

Any appointment updates?
    I switched OBs, which was a huge hassle, but I think I'll be happy with my choice. Time will tell. Unfortunately, this does mean that my anatomy scan was pushed out another week so now it's on July 30th when I'll be 22 weeks. My dad says that's good because baby will be bigger and more developed, but I'm anxious to see baby boy NOW!

R/R/Q/DD?
    I had this whole ordeal last night with my brother and I got really stressed and upset and then felt bad that my emotions were probably being felt by baby. Long story short, my brother asked me to fly across the country to take care of my nephew for a weekend when I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I would have to take one of my PTO days, which I am hoarding for maternity leave. The flights were at awful times of day too. I wanted to help because I love my brother, but I have to think about my body and my baby first. 

GTKY: What songs will you have on baby's lullaby list?
    Danny's Song made me blubber like an idiot the other day so I'm sure I'll sing that to baby. Beyond that, I'm sure lots of songs will be in rotation. I really want to check out Priscilla Ahn's lullaby CD because I love her.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver Journey! Yes. Baby is going to hear some Journey!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango

OMG "Soothing Strings" - my baby will be edumacated:D

• Options
    @ab_canada Ha! DH was sitting with me when I found those playlists, but I said “Soothing Strings? Hope it’s full of string quartets and cello ensembles” :no_mouth:

Anniversary
  • Options
  • Options
    @morgantu enjoy those little flutters!
  • Options
    brookeef26brookeef26 member
    edited July 2018
    18w, 2 days. May have felt flutters but unsure, I'm FTM.

Any appointment updates?  
    Anatomy scan next tuesday!

I think my belly may have grown a little but I'm unsure! So I'm not really showing yet and definitely not noticable to others... are any of you in the same boat? 

Also I didn't start off super thin, so my lack of a baby bump has nothing to do with me having wonder woman abs. 

Haven't thought about it really... he will definitely be listening to  the Avett brothers!

• Options
    @binxybaby That does seem like a long trip to watch your nephew for one day!  

@brookeef26 I'm 19 weeks today and I don't think I'm obviously showing yet.  I definitely have noticed a change over the last couple of weeks though and I think I'll be undeniably showing pretty soon, within the next few weeks.  I've read that some women make it to 30+ weeks without having an obvious baby bump, especially the first time around.  Every body is different I guess!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd thanks for your response. I feel better knowing I'm not alone!
  • Options
    @brookeef26 Lurk on our HDBD threads, most of us specify our pregnancy week, and whether we’re FTM or STM+. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango thanks! New to this and still trying to figure it out!
  • Options
    @brookeef26 Make sure to read the ***READ FIRST*** thread, and introduce yourself in the introduction thread :smile: I’m on mobile, so disregard if you already have !

Anniversary