August 2018 Moms
Options

high risk pregnancy check-in 07/10

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: what is going in your hospital bag?  (i'm out of questions so i'm just using this for ideas now lol) 
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: high risk pregnancy check-in 07/10

• Options
    How far along are you?
    32+5

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, type 2 diabetes, IC 

tons- i've begun my twice a week AFI & NST 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: as i mentioned in the last thread, yesterday baby girl showed some slowing of growth... another growth scan in 2 weeks but she may be coming out early... i've kind of felt this whole time i'd have an early august baby.....

Rave: my niece was born today! my sister-in-law had her baby girl today! healthy 7lbs 3oz!  i can't wait to meet her

GTKY: what is going in your hospital bag?  (i'm out of questions so i'm just using this for ideas now lol) 
    right now I'm thinking:  tank tops and some comfy pj shorts.. shampoo, conditioner, masacara, hairbrush, phone charger and charging cords
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    33+2

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, GD

Twice weekly AFI/NST. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: I'm really tired of and over the whole moving process. I'm pretty much out for the count right now as well. As too much walking and/or stairs leaves me with painful SPD. After last week when I could barely walk after a day of unloading what I thought were lightweight boxes, I've been benched by my husband. Fortunately I think we're over halfway moved now, but I feel so sorry for my husband who is having to do virtually everything on his own in between fixing things at the new place and working his job.

Rave: So far things are still holding steady and looking good, no changes in insulin in the last few weeks and no meaningful weight changes despite my diet getting way off track while moving. My OB seems perpetually confused by my weight on every visit, lol. Who knew the secret to good health and weight loss for me was getting pregnant. 

Hopefully I'll find out on Friday how much "Sweet Pea" has grown from two weeks ago, as last Friday's ultrasound was ultraboring. 

GTKY: what is going in your hospital bag? 
    A black robe, comfy shorts/yoga pants and tanks, nursing bras, toiletries, phone charger, Kindle, some Depends, and a few baby clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @neeraja_k ugh i totally get the moving thing... i'm so over it... DH is being wonderful and handling everything but i just want to be done with it 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 34+2

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 losses, corrected septate uterus, cerclage

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Nope - pretty chill week on the appointment front!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We had a breastfeeding class last night and while the lady said some stuff that was a bit 'woo-woo', I thought it was really interesting and my husband learned a lot so that's really good. I'm also feeling a little more confident about it - am hoping to make it to 6 mos EBF - although the pumping situation at work may derail that.

Also super excited about the appointment next week and the growth scan - I really can't wait to see my little dude again! 

Um - I have no idea yet. Probably a few change of comfy clothes, snacks, charger, laptop, craft projects, and an outfit or two for baby. We live pretty close to the hospital so I'm kind of counting on my H just running back home if there's something we forgot I feel we desperately need. 

@harleyquinn0621 Congrats on the new niece! And FX your LO can cook a bit longer. :)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    34w4d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, GD, Marginal Placenta Previa, baby won't stay head down

AFI, NST, Placenta position check, and maybe a growth scan on Friday then meet with OB after

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant--the heat...I know I've complained about this before but this sucks.  It's oppressive to have 95 degrees with 95% humidity.  Also my blood sugars are getting a bit wacky.  Fasting are rising again but sometimes after meals are a bit low.  

Rave-we are almost done with the nursery.  We plan to do our Target registry completion this Friday!!  Yay!!

for me:
    some tanks/t-shirts
    a couple pairs of leggings
    a maxi dress for coming home
    big underwear
    nursing bras
    a couple depends/big pads
    toiletries 
    Breast Pump
    Boppy
    hair ties
    Nursing pads
    rubber wedding band (to be fair this might not be in the bag; i've been wearing it more and more regularly as hands are swelling)

For baby:
    a couple onesies
    a couple pairs of mittens
    a couple hats
    swaddled

For DH: 
    rubber wedding band
    comfy shorts 
    socks
    tshirts
    underwear
    toiletries
    cash
    the special soap to take off the construction grime he uses (in case we get to do real labor and he might be coming from work)

Also:
    iPad
    speaker
    chargers

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    How far along are you? 34+5

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? NST and BPP, OB appt Firday

Rants/Raves/Questions? It's too freakin hot you guys! And I don't know if it's a rant or a rave but my insulin resistance seems to be dropping off pretty quickly. My MFM said this would happen towards the end and it means that baby is coming soon but sheesh! I've had low readings in the middle of the night for several nights now (40s) and my post-meal numbers are in the 70s-80s. I mean, those are perfect numbers but super unusual for me. I'm usually a 120-140 post meal even with 13 units of fast acting insulin. I send in my numbers every Monday and Thursday so we'll see what the doctors say on Thursday.

I was just googling this yesterday! I way over packed last time (no regrets! We had everything we could possibly need and DH would just bring stuff to / from the car as necessary) but I wanted to be a bit more organized this time. So I found this chart and this is what we're going to start with. Plus we bring our Fire TV stick everywhere because there's a lot of binge time during labor lol! I'm also planning on harvesting colostrum before baby comes (checked with my OB and she's good with my plan!) so I'll have to figure out how to bring the frozen syringes and keep them frozen until baby comes.

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 that's a great chart! thank you for sharing!!!
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    I'm suddenly having like a complete panic attack that depending on the ultrasound tomorrow, baby may be here in two weeks or less!  I don't know if I'm ready...but I guess it's too late for that now.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 i've had a few panicky moments knowing if they decide to take her out early she'll be here in three weeks... i'm totally unprepared ... good luck tomorrow! i'll be stalking the board to see how it goes
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Okay, I've got a stupid question. I'll be asking later today at my MFM appointment as well, but depending on which NP I get, I may or may not trust the answer I get. lol

Before I'd get Braxton-Hicks when I'd roll over in bed or have a sneezing fit or cough, and it'd fade pretty quick. Gradually over time, it became less and less frequent, to the point I didn't even think I was having any. The past few days however I've noticed them coming back again while walking around a store, the house, doing laundry, bending over to pick up something. They do go away when I stand still, or sit/lay down, but they do keep happening. Would this be in the realm of normal? 
  • Options
    Placenta has moved! No more previa! So I’m cleared to wait for labor, except she will induce at 39 weeks because of the GD (that will put us around August 10). 

Shes trying a med for my blood pressure. Top numbers are perfect. Bottom numbers are atrocious. She’s hoping the med doesn’t bottom out the top number. So fingers crossed. She’s not thrilled with fasting blood sugars but some of my after meals are in the 70s so she’s not messing with my long acting dose. She’s afraid it would drop my after meals too much.

So mixed bag but overall good.  
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    neeraja_k said:
    Okay, I've got a stupid question. I'll be asking later today at my MFM appointment as well, but depending on which NP I get, I may or may not trust the answer I get. lol

Before I'd get Braxton-Hicks when I'd roll over in bed or have a sneezing fit or cough, and it'd fade pretty quick. Gradually over time, it became less and less frequent, to the point I didn't even think I was having any. The past few days however I've noticed them coming back again while walking around a store, the house, doing laundry, bending over to pick up something. They do go away when I stand still, or sit/lay down, but they do keep happening. Would this be in the realm of normal? 
    i'm def not an expert but from what i've been reading the last week or so about braxton hicks, that sounds normal. i've read that as long as they go away then they aren't really anything to worry about.. but let us know what your dr says!   :):smile:

Stac928 said:
    Placenta has moved! No more previa! So I’m cleared to wait for labor, except she will induce at 39 weeks because of the GD (that will put us around August 10). 

Shes trying a med for my blood pressure. Top numbers are perfect. Bottom numbers are atrocious. She’s hoping the med doesn’t bottom out the top number. So fingers crossed. She’s not thrilled with fasting blood sugars but some of my after meals are in the 70s so she’s not messing with my long acting dose. She’s afraid it would drop my after meals too much.

So mixed bag but overall good.  

yay!!!!! glad to hear the Placenta moved!  hopefully your blood pressure meds work.. scary to try to balance when one number is ok but the other isn't 

TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 36w 2d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, pregnancy induced thrombocytopenia 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Blood work for platelet count, actually increased this week!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Tired of strangers telling me that I am about to pop, think I might reply back "so do you"

Slippers, flip flops (for shower), comfy yoga type pants, nursing bra pads, normal toiletries, and camera
  • Options
    @stac928 Yay! That's great news, I'm sure you're much relieved! Hopefully they can find a happy balance with the BP meds. 

@ave1012 Good to hear your platelets are cooperating! 

@harleyquinn0621 Luckily I got my favorite NP yesterday and she reassured me it's very normal and will likely continue, or increase in activity, until I deliver. She just cautioned me to watch out for: If it gets painful, call or come in. If it radiates to my back, call or come in. If it doesn't stop and seems to happen on a regular pattern, call or come in. She told me to drink more water and rest when I needed to. And I don't know about you guys, but I am so sick to death of drinking water right now.