December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/9-7/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/9-7/13

• Options
    @katy0990 I bought the maternity underwear someone suggested (not sure if it was you) and I LOVE it. I never even knew it was a thing but it’s perfect for c-section. It comes right under my scar so I know they won’t bother me. 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    @morgantu That is great that it is paid, but too bad you cannot use it to stretch the daycare time. Can he use it throughout the year if baby is sick or does he have to give advance notice?
  • Options
    @katy0990 the 6 weeks has to be used in the first 3 months, apparently. But then he will have that 2 weeks to use in the first year for sickness or to put off daycare by 2 weeks lol :) 
  • Options
    Hi I'm dead today. I finally got some rest but woke up with full body aches, headache and a sore throat. I took the day and my mom is still watching my DD so I can rest. I assume I got some variation of her HFM/viral crap. 
  • Options
    ugh hope you feel better @Jens_Hoes!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, @Jens_Hoes, you said you were feeling crummy in that other thread, but I didn't realize how bad. I hope you feel better soon :(
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes I'm sorry you're sick now!  I also got sick when DD had HFM.  It felt like my throat was going to swell shut it was so sore.  I hope yours passes soon!  <3
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes Hope you feel better soon!

@ab_canada Isn’t it crazy feeling baby kick already?? The past couple nights I have been able to feel her kicking with my hand on my belly, not just the weird internal fish feeling! Which I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t enjoy the quickening/flutter/weird sensation. I’m happy she’s moving but it makes me anxious for some reason, I’m probably just weird, haha.

So today at work I’ve had two people have the balls to straight out ask me if I’m preggo! The bump is out of the bag! Hahahahaha! Anyone else getting questioned instead of just odd looks?
  • Options
    @jens_hoes Oh no! I hope you don't have HFM! I got it about a week after my son and it was horrible.  It started with aches, a sore throat and a fever. Then I started getting some itchy spots on my hands and then everything went to shit.  I hope yours is just stress related!  
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    tunneltunnel member
    @Jens_Hoes - Housekeepers vary greatly in what they do and what they charge, so YMMV.  Our housekeeper used to come once a month ($140/visit) but comes every 2 weeks now ($120/visit) that our house is on the market.  They stay until the house in clean (typically about 2-4 hours, depending on how many of them are there).  They dust, vacuum, clean the bathrooms (including tubs), wipe clean the floors, clean the kitchen, tidy anything laying around into piles, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes oh no! :( I hope it passes quickly
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @countrygirl624
    It's pretty crazy - mine seems to pipe up right after a meal and sometimes as I wake up, which I guess is pretty normal. I haven't really felt anything on the outside yet, but I haven't really tried.

I haven't gotten any comments yet, but I looked at myself in the mirror in gym clothes and I think the bump is really obvious now. So all it will take is one of the staff or one of my old coworkers to finally ask (I haven't really been going around telling anyone besides my team - I figure they will find out when it's obvious).

• Options
    @countrygirl624 Not a lot of questions about whether I'm pregnant, but my cashier at Chipotle wanted to know what I'm having and a random lady on the bus yesterday asked about my due date. Not a lot of ambiguity over here, haha.

That's awesome that you (and @ab_canada) are feeling baby so consistently! I never did like the feeling of flutters OR kicks, but I'm kind of anxious for a bit more reliability, just so I can start to feel pregnant-er. I keep poking the bump in hopes of pissing her off and sending her into a furious flurry, but no such luck. Yet.
  • Options
    @countrygirl624 I mentioned this in the FTM thread, but I'm seeing a bunch of work people for the first time in a while today and when I told them I was PG, one goes "oh, i thought that was just your shirt making you look like that". lol ok lady, someone else told me i wasn't showing at all, which I think she meant as a compliment but interests me in what i looked like before because i feel VERY clearly pregnant looking. Lol- but I'm glad that at least people know now and I can embrace the bump! 
  • Options
    @AGK2015
    Haha sometimes I try to poke the belly in hopes of getting some reaction (it never works, I think there is still too much room in there) and my husband just laughs at me.  :D

• Options
    Just test drove a new Prius! I love it of course, but now we're in the slow-haggle stage. Dealership wants a price agreement & deposit to get what I want into town, and I don't want to commit to a vehicle I haven't driven. We've got time though - my bank's auto loan pre-approval is good until late next month. FX that the negotiations don't take that long.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I despise the car buying process. My heart goes out to you, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I hate it too! I bought my current car at Carmax just to avoid the haggling. But if this dealership won't budge, then I'll drive to another city just for Carmax (especially if they have what I want). Not being in a rush is really nice.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes feel better! I really hope it's not HFM.
  • Options
    Ffwc: we got home a but late from a black raspberry foraging expedition and I specifically served myself a very small dinner because we have ice cream in the freezer! Yummz. 
  • Options
    @morgantu yum!  Enjoy!
  • Options
    I bought my Highlander through a company that only sells bonded titles (ie cars that have been totaled and rebuilt) last July and it was SO FREAKING EASY. I’ve never done a traditional car purchase but I only hear negative things, and the saleswoman said I was lucky to have avoided it.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @cecilb93 Yay for baby kicks!  I tried the cold water thing tonight to see if I could get baby moving for my husband to feel and it did nothing for me either.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I swear my arms and thighs have been looking thinner recently. My husband thinks I’m crazy. I can’t decide if they look thinner due to growing bump or if baby has magically sucked out some fat storage to help her grow. I don’t think it’s mental though cause I can still wear pre-pregnancy pants just fine as long as they’re unbuttoned, somewhat unzipped and pulled down with a belly band and long shirt. 

Anyone else ever experience this? 
  • Options
    @countrygirl624 I've gained 8 lbs and I swear my face is thinner!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @countrygirl624 maybe my arms are thinner (I haven't looked), but I'm almost certain my legs have gotten fatter. That could be the difference in running 25 miles a week and running 5 miles a week, though. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @texas_t I’ve put on about the same 7-8 lbs!

@runrinserepeat I am sure your legs are not fat at all! 5 miles a week is still awesome!!! I haven’t exercised at all this pregnancy. Part of it was I felt like death in the first tri and then part of it was fear of losing baby. I worked out and ran with my first pregnancies and lost them so subconsciously I feel like I don’t want to rock the boat. But I’m still walking and doing things outside so I’m staying active in different ways at least. 
  • Options
    @hkom I feel you so hard on this. I can hardly go. Why is it so cuuuuuuteeeee?!? 
  • Options
    @texas_t Lol!!!!! How funny!!! 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @morgantu So cute.  So teeny.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @scaredunprepared Beautiful! I am jealous.

I can't wait for fall. Every year when it gets scorching hot I start to very much long for fall.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @temmetime I love fall! My favorite season.