November 2018 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self if Crying (and laughing) - July

Didn't see this started for the month yet. If I missed it lemme know!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
--------------------------------
LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
Me: 33 | DH: 41
Married: March 2016
TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
PCOS dx January 2018
Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
BFP 3/10/2018! 
-------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

Re: Why My Pregnant Self if Crying (and laughing) - July

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    crying because it hit me I still have 20 weeks to go of being pregnant. I actually have loved it so far because it's been pretty easy for the most part, until this last week. Haven't been able to keep ANYTHING down, went to ER, later had to go back for IV fluids, etc etc.. the pouting and shitty feelings and insanely cramping stomach are so real and overwhelming- no idea how you strong ladies who had morning sickness did this on the daily. Hoping it gets better soon bc I'm sure I will forget about it when the pain goes away!
  • Options
    @eahayes you poor thing. I hope you are feeling better. Do you have a bug or just late starting morning sickness?
  • Options
    I cried because MIL watched DD today and MIL had the gall to tell me that DD called her mom "all the time." Thanks. Thanks a lot. Now I feel like my daughter hates me and I'm the worst mom in the world. I know it's not true, but it was really hard to hear.  :'( She also said that everyone at the pool party she took DD too said they look just like each other. My hormonal pregnant self felt like she was trying to steal DD from me. 
    Oh, and she let DD play in the hot tub and I was not too happy about that either... 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    I tear up a little at least once a day but 2 nights ago I was sobbing because my sciatica was so bad I could hardly move. DH had to practically carry me to the bathroom. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland hormones or no, that would really get to me too. she was way out of line.
  • Options
    @offtoneverland oh yea that’s definitely a credible upset. Hell nah.

i actually snapped at my in laws yesterday. Just couldn’t take it one more second. My MIL has always felt the need to compete with me over everything, literally every single, dumb thing. Since dd has been born, it’s about buying my daughter things. Every single thing we ever buy my own child, my mil gets mad, claims that SHE wanted to buy her that....well, why didn’t you then? Or if you saw it, thought about buying it for her, why didn’t you ask us if we needed it? Or rather, why do you feel the need to buy her things and buy her affection? It’s over anything as simple as a beach ball, new bath towels, a random outfit, a small side aisle toy. Literally anything she sees in my house she’ll pick up, say, “oh my gosh, that’s so cute! Where did you get this? I was going to buy her this!!!!”.....like, why? It’s so odd. But the reason for my snap, was that my cousins kids outgrew their swing set/slide and gave it to us. It’s in great shape, we were excited about it. We weren’t in the market for one, but why not? My mil saw it like a month ago, said nothing. Yesterday out of nowhere she huffs and puffs and tells me, “well, WE were going to buy her a swing set for her birthday but you went and got one.”.....uhm, what? First off, her birthday is in December, in Michigan. You were going to buy her a swing set in winter? It’s half way through summer already....but regardless, my husband and I are ALLOWED to buy our child things, or acquire family hand me down items without having to check with my in laws. What in the hell?! I don’t need anyone’s permission for that. I feel like it’s mil way of belittling me, or trying to make herself feel validated and relevant. But why is everything about buying her things?! She doesn’t even need more toys or clothes or crap, we don’t ask you to provide things like that. I don’t feel like they just want to help us out, or do something nice, bc it’s not really necessary. I get she wants to spoil her, but you don’t have to buy her affection, it’s not a competition. 
  • Options
    Jeeze, sorry, I had rant there and it won’t let me edit it lol. Anyways, point was that I cried about it after bc I was mad and frustrated and we were excited about the swing set and I felt like she shit on it bc it was used, and not brand new. 
  • Options
    @emjohn517 @offtoneverland solidarity ladies! MILs are hard AF to deal with. *hugs*

Part of my trepidation with LO being a girl has a lot to do with my MIL and the comments she already makes regarding M on how we "need to dress her like a girl, and treat her like a girl, and stop yelling at her she's ALWAYS a good girl who doesn't do anything wrong, and how I'M the ONLY one that buys her nice girly things and that's what she likes. You guys don't let her play with dolls etc". M dresses herself and plays with toys she enjoys... Sure she enjoys shopping with MIL because she knows that MIL will buy her anything she asks for. We will buy M a shirt slightly on the bigger side and MIL will return it for one smaller. We will buy her something that fits just right and MIL will decide that's too small you never buy her what she needs. *eyerolls*

Oh and MIL has already stated she dislikes the female name we have picked put for LO and she'll hust come up with a new name special from grandma *gag* 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @ftm_jen I have no idea - it seems odd to get a later term morning sickness but I know it's possible. It all started when my back locked up- I couldn't eat and was throwing up from the pain. I'm really hoping it's because I then couldn't eat for days and became dehydrated and slightly malnourished and I'm now on the mend. Fingers really crossed..

@emjohn517 wth?? That is seriously weird and so annoying- I would be beyond frustrated too!! Sounds like a huge insecurity for some reason on her part but you're doing a great job of handling it. What does DH say? You should just mention that since dd has so much stuff, you're always appreciative of money for her college fund and a small toy or activity
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts @emjohn517 reading about your MILs makes me ever more grateful mine is on the opposite side of the country and she hasn't even mentioned wanting to come see this one after birth. 

Every little thing has me tearing up lately. I was watching a rerun of Fixer Upper and the couple's NFL player son contributed 100k to their house reno and I started crying. We took DS to see his first movie in a theater and I started crying because he is growing up so fast, then the short film "Bao" didn't help AT ALL. 

My major cry was after my OB appointment this week. I talked to her about how tired I have been and asked her to check my vitamin d levels since I was deficient at the beginning of pregnancy. My OB was shocked about that because she had no idea! Apparently those results never were sent with my records (which doesn't surprise me since that office royally f'd up almost every single time I went). Anyways, I told her that the other Doctor told me to take 1,000 micrograms a day. My OB said that the other Dr meant 1000iu because 1000mcg is 40,000iu and could cause vitamin d toxicity over a prolonged period of time -_- Well, luckily I haven't been religious about taking the vitamin d daily, or even the full amount when I do take it, but there is a good chance I have TOO MUCH vitamin d now and it could be causing the fatigue. She drew my blood to check the levels, but I haven't got results yet. I just couldn't believe how the first OB office was so awful, and I'm positive there won't be a record of her telling me to take the vitamin d, since that was the appointment they didn't have a record for at all, including the ultrasound images that were taken.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @eahayes MH is so quiet and laid back, he doesn’t say much more than rolling his eyes at her, but this time he spoke up and explained that especially with a large purchase, something that is going to take up much of our yard, WE will be deciding that and doing that for our children. 

We have told them many times that we have a savings and a college account opened, but this issue is that mil is literally a shopping addict. Every time we see them it’s new toys and new clothes. Now please don’t think I’m ungrateful or unappreciative, I know they love my child and want to spoil her, but it’s just suffocating. My dd will play with the toy once and then it ends up in a pile in the corner because it’s jist too much stuff. For me personally, clutter causes my anxiety, I’m a minimalist. But I think what bothers me most about it is just the sense of waste and greed. There are kids going to bed hungry, kids who have nothing, my child does not need 37 stuffed Minnie mouses. 

Damnit, and now I’m crying because I’m worried about hungry children. I’m going to go through this pile of toys and donate a bunch of them to a local shelter. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland That was definitely out of line for your MIL. DD was probably just trying out something, or said it by accident and MIL encouraged it and DD thought it was a game. Also, people were probably just being polite to MIL saying DD is her spitting image. I would say something about the hot tub if it were me.

@emjohn517 You could offer to let her pay for a gift you have already purchased by giving you a check (I know this won't help with the hand me down play set) and offer to have the gift be from grandma. I'm sure your MIL is just being petty, but if she didn't say anything about it and you offer a way to let the gift be "from her" it's hard for her to find a leg to complain on.

• Options
    I cried because I left my Goldfish in my friend's car and was devastated when I went to the pantry to find it with no Goldfish. 
  • Options
    I cried because my husband doesn't get excited about feeling baby kicking (he didn't with our twins, either). 

He finally felt him moving (a lot!) yesterday and just...wasn't moved.  I cried because I wanted it to be as special and amazing for him as it was for me.  I'm not mad at him or anything, it's just disappointing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @MojieJo My husband is the same way. He felt the baby moving for the first time a few weeks ago, and he was glad to finally feel it, but it didn't seem to mean much to him. Sometimes he'll stick his hand on my belly to see if the baby is moving, but not very often. I wish he'd get more excited about it, but realistically I know he doesn't love babies and isn't terribly excited. I mean, he's excited to have another child, but he'll be relieved once the baby stage is over and will probably be more excited around that time.
    @lifesabeach85 I wanted to say something about the hot tub, but DD was fine and didn't seem dehydrated or anything, so I didn't want to be confrontational. Plus, DD is very sensitive about her bath water being "too hot" so I just can't imagine the hot tub was very hot, otherwise she probably wouldn't have wanted to go in it! So I wonder if the temperature was turned all the way down or something. I'll make sure to ask for no hot tubs if she ever plans to take DD to a pool again, though...
    @lurvleybunchococonuts MIL took DD to Target to get her a toy and told me that she told DD she couldn't have any "boy toys." Eye roll. That was pretty upsetting to hear as I don't want DD thinking toys are meant just for boys. Ugh! But at least she's not around MIL that often, so we can get around it. Also, you have every right to tell your MIL that she will not call your child a different name under any circumstances. It's not okay for her to make up her own name for the baby just because she likes it better. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland That's basically my husband.  He loves the kids, but he just doesn't get excited about the pregnancy and newborn stages like I do.  

I told him I wasn't mad at him, it's just hard to reconcile my excitement with his indifference (I guess?) to things like this.  That + pregnant last hormones make for tears sometimes.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @emjohn517 @lurvleybunchococonuts Oh boy have I been there with MIL’s crossing the line!!! Mine told me DD couldn’t go home in the outfit I’d chosen because it wasn’t white. She also went out and bought DD her first Thanksgiving/Christmas outfit after I had already excitedly showed her the outfits I’d purchased. I obviously did not use them lol. She would insist that DD was hungry when I’d just fed her and poo poo the brand of diapers I was using. I told DH it seemed like MIL thought of DD as her granddaughter vs my actual daughter, if that makes sense. He ended up telling her to back off and we haven’t had many issues since, but man do I feel for you ladies still struggling! @emjohn517 I probably would’ve snapped on my MIL too for that bologna. You certainly do not need anyone’s permission to buy something for your kiddo. It does sound like she thinks she’s in some sort of competition. And @lurvleybunchococonuts WTAF she’s going to come up with a special name because she doesn’t like yours?!! Who is having the baby??? I pray to God I don’t end up like these women when my grandkids come along. 
  • Options
    lurvleybunchococonuts said: she'll hust come up with a new name special from grandma *gag* 

These MIL stories are horrendous, but this - this was especially cringe-worthy.
  • Options
    Oh yeah my MIL is in a world of her own. She baffles me so often. MH says she just "talks" but it won't really happen so to just chill unless she actually follows through on these comments. Not the easiest while pregnant. I've been attempting to keep my distance from her.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    Sorry for everyone's MIL drama. It's so hard when those issues arise for me because I feel like DH gets stuck in the middle and I hate making it awkward for him.

@MojieJo @offtoneverland I get bummed on my husband's lack of interest of what's going on in my belly too. He never touches the bump or talks to it. I was hoping once he felt kicks it would change but now I have an anterior placenta so who knows when that'll happen. He was very into our anatomy scan. That was super special.
  • Options
    +1 for husband being indifferent about the baby kicks. But as others have said, he was like that last time, it wasn’t real for him until she was born. I’m sure this time is the same, plus he was so nervous about having a daughter, now having a second daughter. I think it’s more common for women to be connected and fall in love with this child through pregnancy because it’s obvi our bodies, hormones, maybe a lot of men need to actually see the baby before that flood of emotion hits them. 
  • Options
    Crying because of my BF. It seems like I've lost all ability to parent and keep my household running smoothly since becoming pregnant and it's hard to see things in perspective rather than falling in on myself and feeling like a crappy SAHM. 
  • Options
    Yesterday, my husband suggested he might go on a trip this week to visit a friend. We're expecting our first (so no kids at home), I'm working a lot, and I have family and friends nearby for companionship and emergencies. Rationally, there's no reason for him not to go. But I got to thinking about how he's starting a new job in a few weeks (he's been in school and working on a research fellowship from home the last two years), and then there'll be this baby and then nothing will be the same again. And I starting crying a lot. And then he started tearing up and saying he didn't even want to go anymore.

His friend preemptively ix-nayed the trip, so, in the end, no real drama, but there were definitely tears. 
  • Options
    mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    edited July 2018
    I'm moving on Friday. 

ETA: This is a crying one... daily tears. 
  • Options
    DH has been watching Parenthood with me (his first time, my second) and tonight we’re going to watch the last 2 episodes. I cried like an absolute baby when I first saw the series finale so I’m not looking forward to my reaction with pregnancy hormones thrown in. Zeke is 100% my dad so I feel like it’s him I’m watching on screen which makes it so much harder to watch!
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 I love Parenthood, but I also would be a mess watching the end right now. Such a great series.
  • Options
    Just crying with this one... Sorry it's a little long!

So my grandfather left our house last night, which I wasn't expecting him to leave until today, and when he was walking out I asked him if he could wait a  little while so I could go make a copy of his house key for my dad. He said just to take the key and can give it back later.
         This morning, as I'm starting the laundry and packing process, I get a call from my mom saying that my grandpa told her I kicked him out of the house, took away his key, and that he was currently loading up his van with all of the things we had stored at his house to come drop off on my front lawn. I called my grandpa and asked him why he told my mom that, and I told him what actually happened, but he said he didn't remember it that way.
         Since I'm pregnant, of course I start ugly crying on the phone telling him that I didn't want him to think I kicked him out of my house, that I had actually asked my mom to call and talk to him to see if he was alright because I didn't know why he left a day early and I wanted to make sure he was okay.
         He ended up bringing over some of the things, but I think he realized he had made a mistake and sort of apologized. He is bipolar, getting more and more forgetful, and has a held grudges all his life. He's not exactly the easiest person to get along with, but he has done SO MUCH for me and I love him dearly. DH was, of course, furious and I had to talk him down a little so he didn't make things worse. Now I'm still worried about my grandpa. Even DH commented that my grandpa seemed sad or remorseful when he was dropping stuff off. We are leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Friday. I just hope I can get my sister to stop by and check on him a couple times while we are gone =\ 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy this is something that would have made me upset non pregnant so I don't blame you for crying ugly or not. I'm glad you were able to talk DH down before his protective side may have some more harm then helping. Hopefully your grandfather can fine some relief from his disease and give himself and the family some relief.
  • Options
    The kids made English muffin pizzas for dinner 2 nights ago. I only ate 3 because I wasn't super hungry and someone was dropping off DQ so I wanted to make sure I left room. I put a couple in a sandwich baggy in the fridge (where I wouldn't normally put them so they wouldn't get eaten) so I could have them after I finished work yesterday.

I was thinking about them all shift and really looking forward to them when I got home just after lunch. Opened the fridge and they weren't there anymore. DH had given them to the kids for lunch. I was so upset I cried. I was really looking forward to them, and he didn't even ask me why they were where they were since he knew I didn't eat much the night before.
  • Options
    I am crying because change is hard for me and we finally got an offer on our house so we will be moving. We need the house and garage space of our new house so bad but I really love our house and its location. It was our first house. We aren't moving very far away because location was #1 on my list but I am still struggling with it.

• Options
    The ice machine on our fridge isn’t working for some reason and DH is away for trainings for a whole week. All I want is some ice water... *cue tears and meltdown.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night DH and I were on the couch watching TV and this commercial comes on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ3y0tO0tfU.. it's one of those Caesar dog commercials. At the end when the dog jumps up on the sill to eat DH goes "Dude, why are you feeding your cat on the heater? That's not a good idea!" I was like "Babe.. that's a dog!" HAHAHAHAHAHA He proceeded to tell me he has pregnancy brain. It was so funny!  :D
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    Dave Matthew's Band "Oh Joy Begin" came on this morning... I'm sure you can imagine how well that went over. I cried all the way to the train station! 
  • Options
    @ginny_203 i get a little weepy when semisonic’s “closing time” or john mayer’s “daughters” comes on. they’re not even nearly as overtly sentimental as oh joy begin. if i heard that randomly on the radio i’d be a mess!
  • Options
    just crying this month. we recently moved from NY (upstate) to NC. DH accepted a new job and is thriving. I went from working full time to being a SAHM. The lack of schedule is gnawing at me. It also doesn't help that we just went down to one car. It's hard to make friends when you're stuck at home all day! and all my family who I am very close with are back up in NY. I'm ready to go home.
    Pregnancy Ticker