Infertility

Starting injections with a cyst

Hey Ladies, 

Has anyone had cysts and continued with their IVF cycle? I stopped BCP on Monday and went in today for my baseline sonogram and blood test. My trial transfer and water sonogram last week was seemingly good, no one said anything to me. But today I have a cyst on my right side, and I haven't had one before. My doctor who I talked to for 2 minutes in between egg retrievals said that if estrogen is low enough we move forward. So they called me back this afternoon and said to start injections. Initially the nurse was telling me to start tonight based on another doctors recommendations. I guess mine was still in the OR and my regular nurse is on vacation, but after double checking with the NP she referred back to my original plan for Saturday. I started spotting last night and it has not gotten heavier, my period isn't due until Saturday. I don't know if that is a symptom of the BCP, the cyst, or my period coming early. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Re: Starting injections with a cyst

• @anared

I also posted this in the July 2018 group to respond.
    I  had a cyst also on my first U/S before stimming. This was a first for me also. My RE said in order to continue with the cycle he would want to drain it so it wouldn't interfere or I can wait until next cycle to start and see if it went away on its own. Being I already booked a 2wk stay in NY for the process I allowed him to drain it that day and started stimming that night 6/22. GL and keep me posted!

AFM, I'm now in my TWW, all 3 embryos that developed were transferred on 7/6.
  • Hi @anared Before I got started with IVF#1 (bfn), I had a 7cm chocolate cyst removed through lap. This year, as soon as I started IUI#1 at a new clinic, Dr saw what seems to be a new cyst (13cm) which is now 28cm. I started IVF#2 last month (June) and I had a fresh transfer on 7/2. Currently I'm on my TWW.
  • Loading the player...
  • anaredanared member
    @tinjp78 Fingers crossed for you on your TWW!!! Did you still have the cyst through IVF? Was it ok or did it pose any issues? I was hoping my period would help move it out or reabsorb but the BCP really interfered with my period and I only spotted for 4 days and that was it. I Started injections Saturday and went in this morning for my first monitoring and the nurse said it grew from 20 to 20.7 since Thursday. She said they may aspirate it during the ER. My trial transfer and water sonogram were the week before and they never said anything about a cyst so I feel like this grew really quick. I am waiting to hear back from the clinic on my next steps. 
  • anaredanared member
    @lemondrop1976 thank you! I saw the July 2018 forum first and I responded to you there. It sounds like your ER went well, happy thoughts for your TWW! I live in NY, did you go to a clinic in Manhattan, Long Island or upstate?
  • @anared I went to CHR, I'm guessing Manhattan. You would think after 16days there I would know lol. I do know it was on 69th st. I'm from DE and got home Sat.
  • anaredanared member
    edited July 2018
    @lemondrop1976 lol no worries this whole process can make everything else blurry. You're right CHR is in Manhattan, I live in NYC but so many places don't take my insurance so I go to a place on Long Island. 
  • @anared Unfortunately for me my 3.5yr journey has been completely out of pocket due to insurances rejecting anything pertaining to fertility if you have ever had a tubal ligation. I had my tubes tied in 2005 after having my youngest with my ex monster husband. I was never planning to have more kids with him or get a divorce, but life is very unpredictable. I got rid of the mean guy in the house in 2011 and found someone after my divorce who treats me and the kids wonderful. He was never married or had kids and wants one more than anything and I would like to have a goid experience with someone for once. Long story short, I had 2 tubal reversal surgeries, countless IUI and other treatments, surrendered to IVF in 2016 and still not pregnant. We did a lot of research this time and found CHR..This is our last shot we are broke financially and mentally.
  • anaredanared member
    @lemondrop1976 I am so sorry to hear that. Insurance still denies you even though you have done all these procedures? It is awesome that you have found someone that is good to you and your children, I truly hope you both get everything you want! Fingers crossed!!!
  • I did not do IVF, but I did start an IUI cycle at the beginning  of July while i had 3 small cysts. They had me start injections and we did insemination on July 22.  I was so worried that this round was going to be pointless because of the cysts.  Today I am 5wks and 2days into our first successful attempt :) so keep your head up!
  • I just realized I put in July. Must be pg brain. I totally meant June :blush: