January 2019 Moms

PGAL check in 7/5

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What is your favorite smell? Candle, natural or otherwise?

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: PGAL check in 7/5

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    10w, the golden snitch

Better on both accounts. I heard the HB this morning and got my NIPT draw done. I feel better most days but some still suck. 

Nurse visit this morning for NIPT, see my OB tomorrow. 

Nada at the moment. 

Rain. I love the smell of rain. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 Are you finding out sex with the NIPT results? FX for good results :)

13+4, size of a lemon and weighs as much as a slice of bread.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Bleh. I still have a low-level of discomfort throughout the day. Stomach just doesn't feel right (nausea, but no gagging or anything), trying to sleep on my side, which is uncomfortable and making me toss and turn. Starting to feel a lot better about this PG, except of course because I'm about to go on vacation I'm like what happens if I start to miscarry on vacation and don't know where the nearest hospital is?

Not for a few more weeks - I'll be 16 weeks and it will just be a heart beat/growth check.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Yay! Vacation is finally here (in 2 days anyway). Going to Salt Lake City, Jackson, WY (and Grand Teton Natl Park), and spending about 5 days in Yellowstone. My dad is a retired park ranger so this was his trip choice, and I'm excited to basically have my own personal tour guide since he is SO knowledgable about flora/fauna/all things outdoors. Looking forward to the wildlife, geysers, relaxation, and COOLER TEMPS.

DH's shaving cream.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
    According to doc 13. According to me 12w4d

Not great mentally today because of the NIPT stuff. Physically I am okay. Morning sickness has gone away for the most part unless I don't eat enough. RLP has ramped up though and that's been rough.

I have one this afternoon. Hopefully I have a happy healthy squirmy baby in there. 

Stupid NIPT. That's my rant for the day. 

Fresh linen. It's my all time favorite smell and I get it in all cleaners, air fresheners, etc. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
    12 weeks + 4 days

I still feel like crap...mentally i'm OK...trying to manage my 3 yr old DD's excema in this heat!!!
    Still a little nervous about the fluid behind baby's neck in the NT scan which showed high...but trying to stay positive since the blood work shows otherwise.

Have one with my OB next week after my NT scan 2 weeks ago

when will this nausea end!?!?!  With my DD, nausea ended at 11 weeks :-(

Fresh air...
    10+2, which equals a strawberry or a Fererro Rocher? 

Physically still pretty awful (nausea etc). Sea Bands were okay, but no real game changer. Preggo pop drops also ok in a super nauseous moment (but expensive!) Unisom+B12 still the winner as long as I stay on top of it. Also (since I complained about it earlier on BMB) I lost 1lb. Hooray for me.
    Mentally, still just having a hard time accepting things. I had a pregnancy that ended at 20wks, so I'm still scared to buy maternity clothes or tell people that I'm pregnant because it feels like I'm just lying or pretending. I have a noticeable bloat/bump (I'm short, no place else for it to go) so basically I'm hiding out from people for a while. Which isn't healthy. 

NIPT appt this coming Monday, I'll be excited to get some positive confirmation. 

See all of the above

Apparently I'm into lavender at the moment. I'm super sensitive to scent, so DH put air fresheners all over the house so I would stop being triggered by the smell of dogs, poop, food, anything. :) 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @Kabazaba yes! They're supposed to call me with the results so I'm trying to figure out how to tell H&DS. 

@wkuandrea wtf is a ferrero rocher? Off to google...............

@sparkymcgeee I hope you have a good appt and get your NIPT results back soon. I can't believe they've had to redo it twice. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Hey guys.... I used to post here, but Hyperemesis had me on lock down... starting slowly to at least be able to function a little more :/

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 13w2d Lemon

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Still feeling like hot trash but at least i can drink water now

3. Any appointment updates? had my NT on Monday and doing NIPT Friday... the US tech didn't give me any info on the NT (though i did note the numbers she tagged)

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? just wondering when i will feel good again.... being so sick has honestly made this whole first tri seem surreal... i still don't feel "pregnant" just sick. Seeing the baby move in the NT scan was the closest ive come to feeling like this sickeness is connected to a baby

5. GTKY: What is your favorite smell? Candle, natural or otherwise? NOTHING.... smells still kill me
  • ladystout08 Its always a good day when you hear the HB
    Kabazaba i was just away on vaca for two weeks and we definitely pre-located the local hospitals, but luckily never needed them! You will be great!
    sparkymcgeee hope your appointment goes well today!
    JeeGooDowster  I think the blood work is more crucial... there is such a range in what ppl say is "normal" for NT... Ive seen people get told some numbers are high and another say that's normal. 
    wkuandrea I'm also trying to hold out on telling ppl as long as possible, though ive never had such a late loss as you (so sorry!!!) Ive had 4 and so its hard to be super confident about anything yet :/
  • @dragonette505 Sorry you've been dealing with hyperemesis!! Glad you're starting to feel better and welcome back :)
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Kabazaba said:
    @dragonette505 Sorry you've been dealing with hyperemesis!! Glad you're starting to feel better and welcome back :)

I'm trying... i feel like ive missed so much of my own pregnancy! lol
    11 weeks Size of a bee hummingbird 

Actually feeling a good bit better which of course makes my mind spiral into worry.  

Saw the surgeon Friday and he doesn’t want to operate until after the baby is born so gotta deal with this gallbladder a good bit longer!
    Saw my OB Tuesday and she found the heartbeat easily with the Doppler.  Go back again in three weeks! 

None currently! 

Love fall scented candles like apple pumpkin!
    13 weeks 1 day

physically I’m feeling pretty good. Still feel bloated a lot, and have been having some pretty bad heartburn and indigestion, but otherwise good. No more nausea and not nearly as fatigued. Mentally I’m pretty good too. We’ve started telling people, I’m worrying less than before (but I mean of course I’m still worrying). Just trying to stay positive!

Monday is my first official appointment with the doc. This is the appointment where we found out about the loss last time, though it was a few weeks earlier in that pregnancy. I’m not really worried about it this time, but I’m glad DH is going to be able to come to this one.

Im supposed to be meeting a friend today who I haven’t seen in ages. We haven’t set plans yet which drives me nuts, and I’m starting to think she might blow me off and at this point i think I’d be relieved. 

the ocean.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sparkymcgeee I’ve been following along with your NIPT drama. I’m so sorry! I can’t even imagine how frustrating or scary that is. What percent of fetal DNA are they getting? And what test are you doing? Maybe you could try a different brand of NIPT? 

@drabong88 it’s good to hear from you but I wish it was with News that you were feeling better! I don’t have anything close to HG but have still been feeling so bad that I find posting and keeping up harder these days. I hope you start to feel better soon.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 11 weeks 2 days

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Still nauseous! Mentally, I'm feeling pretty good. I went to hear the heartbeat on Tuesday and it was perfect. I've been telling people now, so I just hope that it stays good. 

2 weeks away

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH and I just had a nice, touristy family night in Gettysburg. I grew up in the next town over, but it was fun to go and be touristy. It's a really cute town. 

Coconut! Especially if it's like coconut suntan lotion. It's so summery. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @BitterBetty12 they were able to get 2.4% and then 2.7%. You would think 8 days later they would get more the second time but I guess not. That was actually why I was freaking out thinking the baby had passed away. How could they not get more out of the second draw? At this point we’re doing an NT scan and quad screen since it’s more diagnostic anyway. I’ll just find out the sex later. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @dragonette505 I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. I hope things will get easier for you soon.

@ladystout08 I can't believe you've never had a Ferrero Rochet! They're so good!

@sparkymcgeee I hope you have better luck with the other screenings. That is beyond frustrating about your NIPT draws. 

13+4 lemon.

Mentally feeling better after seeing the baby yesterday for the NT scan. We're starting to tell people now but aren't planning on any social media announcements. Physically feeling better today, but every day is different. 

NIPT and NT yesterday. Next appointment will be at 17 weeks for just a regular HB check. 

Rant about the lab tech at my appointment yesterday. I was supposed to have an early glucose screening for diabetes at yesterday's appointment given my BMI is over 30. That was what my OB had told me at my 9 week appointment. I came to my appointment yesterday prepared to have it done, but it hadn't gotten put on the schedule. The lab tech came to draw my blood for the NIPT, and I reminded her that I was supposed to have a glucose screening. She very rudely said "why would you be having a glucose screening this early? It's not on the schedule, so you'll have to make another appointment." I informed her that my OB wanted me to have it done at this appointment and that I hadn't eaten anything for 2 hours. But she refused to draw it and didn't even consult the doctor about it. So now I have to go back next week just to have my blood drawn again for that one test.

Lavendar, hands down. 
  • @katethemom oh man I would have raged! And then probably complained go the receptionist until someone drew my damn blood. Don’t leave a poor pregnant woman who hasn’t eaten like that!

@sparkymcgeee that makes sense! I got lower percentages with this pregnancy than with DD and also attributed it to my weight. Thankfully they got enough for results. But the NT and quad screen will be perfect! FX everything comes back great!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19