Infertility

Trying to decide if we should do IVF

We are talking and trying to decide if we should do IVF.

Re: Trying to decide if we should do IVF

• I have gone back and forth with it as well. Going through failed IUIs is already heartbreaking and it is A LOT of work and medications so I completely understand.

It came down to me not wanting to give up to get something that I truly want, a baby! I will do anything at this point. Good luck!
  • It might be helpful to check some of the IVF calculators and review success rates, for example: 
    https://w3.abdn.ac.uk/clsm/opis

While a single round of IVF can be helpful diagnostically, it definitely doesn't work for all women. Some couples are really lucky and get pregnant their first round of IVF, but for others, it can take longer. Tools like the calculators can help you make an informed decision about whether or not to proceed, and even how many rounds to prepare for.

We had pretty good odds of having success with our IVF round, and it was a bust. We're now preparing for a second round. I was aware, before starting IVF, that it might not work for us that first time. But actually living through a failed round really sucks; it's more painful than I anticipated it might be.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. We did 7 IUI's in 2010-11 and only second one worked but ended in 4th loss. then had our 5th loss in 2015 after I got pregnant and didn't even know i was till miscarriage happened.