Two Under 2

14 month old + pregnant again

My husband and I have a 14 month old son, and now I am pregnant again. I just got my period back recently and I still breastfeed my son so I didn’t think I would get pregnant so quick especially since it took awhile for us to get pregnant with our first. 
The thing is, I dont think we’re ready to have another baby. I’m stuck between having another child now or getting an abortion and going on birth control and waiting. My husband said he doesn’t want another baby for a few more years. 
Any advice would be great, TIA!

Re: 14 month old + pregnant again

• I really don't think that this is a situation anyone can provide advise on. I think you need to speak to your husband and maybe your doctor to speak about your options and make a decision that is best for your family. 
  • I just joined and had to wait 3 days before I could post anything and I happened to see your post from July 1. So sorry I'm just now replying.

I know it’s not easy facing the prospect of an unplanned pregnancy. And of course the choice is yours. However, since you’re asking for advise, I would urge you to consider giving your 14 month old a little brother or sister. Being that close in age, they would grow up best friends and have so much in common. They will always be close. Having two little ones is not as hard as you might imagine. The joys and the pleasures of seeing them grow up together far outweighs any hesitations you might have. Then afterwards, you could consider going on the birth control to wait before expanding your family, if at all.

And, in time, I think your husband will adjust to the idea of welcoming a new life into your family and be able to get on board. Most men are more concerned about how to provide for another baby. That’s natural. It seems to somehow work out. A child is a gift of life and a blessing. Sometimes they come by surprise and other times they are planned. Either way it would be my hope you choose to let that little life be part of your family, because well, he/she already is.