January 2019 Moms

Weekend Randoms 6/30-7/1

What's going on this weekend ladies?

Re: Weekend Randoms 6/30-7/1

• It's SO hot here but this morning DD and I managed to walk to the park while DH mowed.  We will probably go to the library after DD gets done "napping" ie. she probably won't take a nap.  DH is going to grill steaks tonight and maybe I can talk them into getting frozen yogurt.  Our weekends are pretty exciting...
  • jgil85jgil85 member
    My ils are watching ds so H and I could go on a little lunch date. I'm hoping I can convince him to take me to get ice cream afterwards. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just occurred to me that my daily moisturizer that I LOVE has SPF 15. Checked the ingredients, and YUP - the sunscreen portion is Oxybenzone - which pregnant women are supposed to avoid. Now I am not one of those people who is going out and buying all organic, all completely natural ingredient things, but I still feel like I have to find a new moisturizer for the foreseeable future. Sadness  :'(:(:'(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DH flies out tomorrow, and he’ll be gone for 3 weeks. Solo parenting, ack. I’m going to suggest we go out for Mexican tonight. 

Also, DH’s flight leaves at 6:30 a.m., so I’m going to have to get DS up before the butt crack of dawn to take DH to the airport. He should be fun to deal with for the rest of the day. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• My mom is flying into DC in about an hour!!! I missed her so so much. I can’t wait to just spend some much needed time with her and have her spoil us with all the amazing homecooked meals. 

We went to look at the Ascent today (Subaru’s newest 7 or 8 seater SUV). Almost walked out w it but the lease price was definitely unfavorable compared to some of the other SUVs of similar size.

Other than that, just busy prepping for DD’s second birthday party next Sat! It is SOOOO hot today. Too bad all of the neighborhood swimming pools require waitlists to become members. Next summer!
  • @Rachel2066 what is the reason behind not using that specific ingredient while pregnant?
  • Update on my lazy evening: GLOW season 2 is so good. So glad this show is back :smiley: if you aren’t watching it, you should be. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DH took DS to a park with a splash pad and I napped for about 45 minutes. That was pretty sweet. We went to Target and that’s pretty much the excitement around here. I’m hoping I continue to feel better so I can go to church tomorrow. I haven’t been in a while because of morning sickness. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kabazaba said:
    Update on my lazy evening: GLOW season 2 is so good. So glad this show is back :smiley: if you aren’t watching it, you should be. 
    Yaaaas!! You just made my night, ha!! 
  • @galactickates oof good luck, lady. It's not close at all and I'm already stressing about how I'm going to survive Thanksgiving without drinking  :'(
    @rachel2066 To be totally honest I've completely avoided reading what types of cosmetics/skin products to avoid just so I can feign ignorance a little longer and not have to go searching through the ingredients of everything in my (way too large) stash.

It is so so hot here so I met up with my sister and niece at the pool (30 yrs old + and still freeloading off my dad's country club membership...). And then stopped at Shake Shack on the way home for a coffee shake. My husband recently bought the pasta extruder attachment for our kitchenaid and is making fresh pasta for dinner while I binge watch the last season of Master Chef Jr and sob every time they show one of the kids crying. Gotta love these hormones!
  • @molosmiles Oxybenzone has been linked to birth defects and low birth weights. Apparently there are no studies that conclusively say its the cause, but it will cause you to absorb other chemicals into your skin and bloodstream. The studies have found a link, but not a definite relation. But it still enough that they tell you to try and avoid it in products if you can. Also linked to allergies, damage to cells, and hormone disruption. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Rachel2066 thank you. I hadn't heard of that one. I don't wear makeup but I do put on a daily moisturizer with SPF. I'll do some additional research and check out my brand.
  • I use a physical sunscreen on my face every day because my pale sensitive skin doesn’t like the other kinds. If you’re looking for a replacement to a chemical sunscreen, check out most “baby” sunscreens, and “sensitive skin” sunscreens, made with titanium and/or zinc. But be warned it won’t rub in as easily and looks white in pictures. :) I personally use neutrogena baby on my face. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My husband is sick. My dog has diarrhea. I spent all day working and meeting with clients. Naturally to cope I ate my weight in veggie Thai food for dinner while watching Frazier on Netflix. Mmm wonton cream cheese. That was delicious. 
  • After my prenatal yoga class this morning, my husband and I went to a bbq at a friends house. There was another couple there with their 5mo son. He was so cute and I spent so much time talking to his mom and playing with him. We don’t spend much time around babies since none of our friends in our area have kids, so it was so great for us. Definitely made us even more excited!
  • There is nothing like waking up at 7 AM even before your toddler bc that was your 17th time that you got up to pee and now the sun is up. Happy weekend! Hahaha
  • We're being DC tourists today and it's going to be 100 degrees! We're just going to hit up one or two museums. I'm super happy to be child free for a day and currently lounging in a hotel bed. I'm weird, and I love staying in hotels. It's so relaxing to me. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Kabazaba said:
    Update on my lazy evening: GLOW season 2 is so good. So glad this show is back :smiley: if you aren’t watching it, you should be. 
    I loved the first season! I'm really excited to binge season 2 this week. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• kns1988 said:
    We're being DC tourists today and it's going to be 100 degrees! We're just going to hit up one or two museums. I'm super happy to be child free for a day and currently lounging in a hotel bed. I'm weird, and I love staying in hotels. It's so relaxing to me. 
    Omgggg enjoy!!! We were just at the American History museum last weekend when friends came to town! And the heat this weekend is NO JOKE. 
  • We came down to my ILs to get some stuff my husband's grandparents left us, my MIL spoils me when pregnant. She basically feeds me and tells me to take naps/put my feet up. I don't hate it. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kabazaba I always carry that Neutrogena baby sunscreen in my purse and I've never noticed how it doesn't rub in well on my daughter but I gave it to my coworkers the other day and it was hilarious. They were both white for 30 minutes. It was so funny. 
  • I'm still sick and it appears I got DD sick, so I did pretty much nothing yesterday. Today I need to pack because DD and I are heading out on vacation tomorrow morning, and I'm sooooo exhausted. I don't wanna do any of it. 

So I'm procrastinating by trying to catch up here because I've been so bad about it, but I feel like I will never be able to catch up.  :D
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• During the reception I got a huge smile on my face and my mom and friend were like "what is making you smile so big?" I had realized I could leave any time I wanted and I have an excuse to not do things because I can use pregnancy.  I got so happy. Lol friend was like "yeah once baby comes you have a permanent excuse to get out of anything" 
    Cue bigger smile 
    Yes, yes! All the yes! There were BBQs and parties and such, and we didn't go "because of DD."

I really didn't want to go.  :D

I hope the whole thing wasn't too bad!

• @MrsDho11 I was just coming here to complain about being sick too.  My garbage cans have been repurposed into used tissue holders  :D I'm miserable and grumpy.  
  • AliKay20 said:
    There is nothing like waking up at 7 AM even before your toddler bc that was your 17th time that you got up to pee and now the sun is up. Happy weekend! Hahaha
    Oh man I seriously relate to this.  I'm so tired of having to get up to pee. It permanently feels like I've been drinking and I broke the seal.  Do not enjoy
  • @MrsDho11 I was just coming here to complain about being sick too.  My garbage cans have been repurposed into used tissue holders  :D I'm miserable and grumpy.  
    Ugh yeah. Pregnant + sick = extra layer of sucky. I keep joking that I have the Man Flu. LOL. 

• @kns1988 Not weird! I love staying in hotels, too. It's like vacation even if it's not a vacation. 
  • MrsDho11 said:
    @MrsDho11 I was just coming here to complain about being sick too.  My garbage cans have been repurposed into used tissue holders  :D I'm miserable and grumpy.  
    Ugh yeah. Pregnant + sick = extra layer of sucky. I keep joking that I have the Man Flu. LOL. 
    I just figured out cookies and cream icecream is very healing. Can't have medicine.... give me icecream!
  • Sunday funday brought to you by nothing but shenanigans. Ready?

Like I said before, mom’s in town so we decided to go to the movie theater kid-free tonight sort of last minute. We snuck out while DD was eating dinner w her grandma and it wasn’t until we were almost at the theater I realized I was way too comfortable. I look down and my nips were poking through my dress. I forgot to put on a bra before leaving. 

We came back and my mom decided it was time for potty training. We had it still in the box not quite ready to start. Guess it’s happening now. DD is letting us know whenever she pooped so I guess it’s go time.

Grandma loves overfeeding DD. Why do some of our moms do that? I wonder. DD just threw up all over the bed. I ran away after gagging a little. This day was just full of surprises.
  • Found out today that BIL and SIL May be going to Italy for Christmas, “can I go???” They just got back from Hawaii and went on an epic Eupore trip this fall. Just a tad jealous...(they are DINKS) told DH we will have fun trips to go on in maybe 25 years... :D
  • @drabong88 That is funny. I guess it looks different from the outside. We have had a few pretty heated discussions, though. 
  • drabong88 said:
    So I was randomly lurking on December 18 board (what else do you do when your bored at work at 4am) and they were talking about how they lurk on our board for the drama we have. Just thought it was funny considering how many people thought our board was boring, apparently we are entertiang to others
    Hahaha I think we’re known for our recent few UOs. 
  • Just lurked December to see what they had to say about lurking January. I wish some of them could have chimed in on our vaccines UO discussion!

• @Rachel2066 Thanks for the update!! My doctor never really tells me much about things to avoid but there is so much info out there so I like to hear it and make my own decision. I also trust him, as he's been doing this for probably 35+ years and has delivered tens of thousands of babies! 
  • Ugh, I'm so sad this weekend is ending! It was Canada Day on Sunday, so a holiday today ( Monday). I'm only back to work for a couple of days before I'm back out on vacation, but still... It would be amazing to just feel free for the whole week!