July 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 6/28

How far along today? How big is baby?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

How are you and H/SO preparing relationship-wise for the newest addition?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 6/28

• Options
    39 weeks. Violin, Watermelon, Pumpkin, depends on the app

Nope. Except for a general feeling of wanting to be done being pregnant.Over it! Oh, and I'm hot all the freaking time, but I don't think it's really that warm in the house because H has been wearing sweatshirts and wrapping up in a blanket on the couch while I'm walking around in just a tank top and underwear with a fan pointed straight at me.

Tomorrow, just a regular midwife appointment and then they are sending me for NST not because I've needed monitoring but because it's their policy at 39 weeks for moms that are AMA.

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    H has been really helpful with getting the last few details ready, and we're pretty much just sitting around and waiting now other than wrapping up work. He started working from home full time last week so he can be here just in case and has been making breakfast and lunch for me which has been nice because I'm too lazy and will otherwise just grab whatever food source is quick and easy.

I guess we're really not? Is that bad? We've been together for 15 years, so I'm really not sure how to prepare relationship-wise. We've been through some pretty big highs and lows together after all these years and I think we'll be ok because we know we'll need to adjust to our new normal. I suppose the only thing we've been doing is just not spending time with other people and doing our own thing just the two of us like usual. For example last weekend we just went for a random country drive and explored whatever small towns we came across like we usually would.

• Options
    39 weeks! Pumpkin 

Sore all over. That ripping my pelvis in two feeing when LO moves down low, and I don’t even think she’s engaged 

Appt tomorrow morning! 

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    RBF is in full swing lately for anyone saying anything even remotely pregnancy related. Extra f you points if you make a comment about my belly. I’m so done being pregnant. 

Ummmmm were not lol. We’ve already got one, so we’ve been there already. DH is a saint when it comes to my PP mood swings and I just love seeing him holding a tiny squishy baby. We’ll find our new normal, I’m sure.
    I’m more worried about how DS will handle the new addition, especially having to share his daddy- he’s been attached to his hip lately.. which stings a little, but honesty I’m loving the break. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    37 weeks!!! Eeeee!!!

Pelvic pressure in the front making walking awkward. Swelling in my feet and ankles/calves that isn't crazy, but I notice it when I can't see all the bones in my feet.

Today--3cm dilated and 50% effaced. I know it doesn't mean much since I walked around that dilated for a couple weeks with DD but I just feel like I might go early...which probably means I will be overdue. 

Random Questions
    None

Rants/Raves
    If I go early, there is a possibility I miss my opportunity to interview for the job I want. Did a phone interview this week and then they aren't scheduling any in person interviews until the week before I'm due. I told my OB about it today and was like, if I haven't interviewed yet I will ask her not to touch anything down there that week because my appt is on that Tuesday. I did suggest to one of the interviewers today (I work with her already) that if I am selected, doing it earlier than later is a good idea.

Also, my co-workers we're super generous today and got me two big Amazon gift cards today for baby!! And lots of delicious food to eat. 

uh, just the same as usual I guess. Talking it out. We are just bracing for impact I think lol

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    How far along today? How big is baby? 36 weeks...I think I'm the baby of the Thursday tickers.  Mountain Dew 2 Liter/Power Drill/Footlong sub?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms Hip splitting pain when baby gets low if I spend the day walking or doing any yoga or exercises. It's not constant but when it happens I kind of have to stop for a second and wait. I don't want to eat anything really. And I'm still so tired!

Appointments/US this week: Not until Tuesday. I was supposed to have one today but they cancelled it. When I go in on Tuesday it will have been 5 weeks since I have seen anyone, which seems ridiculous this late in the game.  I DID have monitoring two sundays ago I guess, baby was fine, and the quick ultrasound showed head down. Who knows if he's still head down, I feel like he moves constantly!

Random Questions

Rants/Raves: Excited about the two job possibilities, and was officially offered one of them yesterday and accepted. However, without the library job, it sounds like the pay for this one would be too low to justify with daycare. We'll see, I'm working on daycare. I live in rural VT and part time care (3 days) for 2 kids is going to run me $1600!!! That includes the discount for the state paying for 10 hours of pre-k for my son (universal here).

Nothing really, lol. I have nothing set up, nursery isn't cleaned out, and I haven't bought anything. Budgeting, medicating, and talking about our worries I think has helped us discover where the other is mentally and I think we're gonna be ok when #2 enters the world!