December 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In 6/28

Hi ladies!! I hope everyone is doing well this week.

How far along are you/how big is baby? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: Do you have any vacations planned before baby is due? Where are you doing?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
BFP: 4/20/2018
EDD: 12/29/2018

Re: STM+ Check In 6/28

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon enjoy that trip toddler free!! We just did that in the Bahamas and while I missed my dude like crazy it was SO nice to get away and just be a couple again. Plus I imagine it'll be harder once there's two of them! 
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon I'm simultaneously so jealous and so nervous for you; leaving the kiddo would be hard, but there are definitely parts of Scandinavia on our bucket list. Where are you guys heading?
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon oooooh, Oslo is definitely on our list, and I hear Copenhagen is incredible and Estonia is beautiful. If you or your husband are into coffee, make sure you check out Tim Wendelboe's shop while you're in Oslo; he's one of our favorite Scandinavian roasters (which sounds pretentious AF, but my husband is a nerd, it can't be helped  :D )

Everyone I've met from A16 so far has been exactly as I expected them, so I'm actually surprisingly not nervous at all. It's been like reuniting with an old friend every time, never like meeting a new one. I bet the same will be true for you guys! There's just something about that BMB bond <3 
  • Options
    I love the Mom meet ups! I’ve been able to meet 2 of my M14 moms in person. They were both awesome. Our meet up this year is the week we are going to Disney (meet up in Ohio), so I can’t go. 
  • Options
    @AGK2015 This should answer your question :joy:
    Yes, we are huge coffee snobs and love seeking out the best coffee shops wherever we are. Definitely adding that to the list! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon annnnnd our families just became default best friends. We haven't been able to use our Silvia since we moved because our coffee bar outlet situation is not good, and we picked the Mazzer mini over the Rocky... but we're definitely on the same page, and I'm impressed by your setup :D

We actually have a subscription box that sends over coffee from different Scandinavian roasters monthly. I think we've got all of the old info cards still lying around; I'll definitely check tonight and see if there have been any we've enjoyed out of Helsinki or Copenhagen. 
  • Options
    @AGK2015 :love::love::love:! We’ve never actually delved super deep into the world of beans. Several years back we got a coffee of the month subscription (pre-espresso; we did pourover then), and sometimes we get beans from H’s uncle’s operation in Cleveland I think? But right now we just use Lavazza beans from Amazon because the price is right and they’re well rated. I’ll have to look into Scandinavian roasts, that’s super cool that you’ve got that subscription!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @clbness We went to see Jurassic World. It was pretty good! I'm actually jealous of your Great Wolf Lodge adventure. As a kid I used to see commercials for that place all the time and of course I ever got to go. One day I'll take my kids on vaca there!
    @PensiveCrayon OMG coffee of the month.... get at me!!!! I LOVE COFFEEE!!!! I seriously travel for the yummy coffee.. yummm
  • Options
    @kristah2 That movie looks good!  I have never been to a Great Wolf either!  I don't think there was one built in my surrounding area until I was in college, but I knew that once I had kids, I had a good excuse to go!
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace I'm so sorry your stress is causing panic attacks.  I hope you get some relief soon.  <3
    @trucksntutus I'm with you on the no sleep!  I feel like mine is general insomnia though...maybe mixed with a little anxiety?  I hope your back aches go away...back pain is the worst.
    @Jens_Hoes Yay for feeling the baby move AND DD falling right back to sleep after getting home!   
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @temmetime I do the hand on tummy move too! I think it's just an instinct left over from the first time around. I did write in my journal last time around that I first felt A kicking from the outside around 22 weeks, so hopefully within the next month or so...we'll see :)
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @Boobopgirl I can relate to the toddler underwear dilemma. I have not been carrying as many extras with me since he has been doing really well and has not had an accident I’m a while, but today DS sat down in a stream at the park and needed a complete new outfit. Why?!?! At least he had fun.
  • Options
    @CecilB93 same on the sciatic pain :( Last night I pulled up the page of a chiropractor who works with pregnant ladies but never called today. I neeeeed to! I’ve just never been to a chiropractor and don’t know what to expect cost-wise. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options

@rosebud332 Yay for avoiding HFM!! My best friend's toddler just had it, poor thing!

@PensiveCrayon +1 with he headaches. Ugh. My midwife said they should stop soon.

@AGK2015 I have cocker spaniels, she would LOVE their ears!! lol That meetup sounds SO FUN!! I met two other bumpies two weekends ago at our local zoo. There was a meetup last weekend with like 6 other moms from my group but we had to reschedule DHs 30 birthday party to that day so I ended up not being able to go. I am still bummed. Thankfully they're already talking about another get together.

@clbness I hope DH and I get a vacation without DS before the baby is born. Even if it's just a weekend! I'd love some time with just he two off us.

@Boobopgirl lol I get the underwear thing! lol DS and I spent the night at my moms the weekend of Mother's Day and I packed like 8 pairs of underwear... for an overnight trip. lol

@Gweneddlesliegrace I am so sorry about the stress causing panic attacks. I hope it gets better soon.

• Options
    whaatwhaat member
    How far along are you/how big is baby? 
    13 weeks. Lemon or large laduree macaron.

How are your other kids doing this week? 
    Hey son is awesome and he’s learning so many new words every day (almost 20 months).  Now he can tell me what he did at daycare and he “sings” sings to me that I’ve never heard before.

Rants/Raves? 
    I want to be done feeling nauseated, but I’m coming to terms with the fact that I’ll prob feel like this until 20 weeks like last time.  The other day my son saw me throw up and got nervous, so that was fun.

GTKY: Do you have any vacations planned before baby is due? Where are you doing?
    we have family coming here, bc we live at the shore and everyone wants to be here for the summer. I might go visit my stepdad in CT later this summer but that hasn’t been finalized.
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon I think cost varies a lot depending on the chiropractor and your insurance. With my insurance I have a $30 copay every visit. Definitely call and talk with them about cost. I hope you go though! My chiropractor was my best friend when I was pregnant with DS lol.

@AdorkablePixie oh man I'd be pissed. I get that it was an accident that she knocked him over, but like you said, he's your child and you should be the one to clean him up and comfort him. Grandma can get hugs and "sorry" in after you.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Yes, and she does this still all the time. It would be different if this was the first time but she is always trying to take him when he's upset. He is not your child, you had your time being the parent, just back the heck up! I've complained to DH about it before and he's like she's just trying to be helpful and I am sure she is, but she is overstepping and she needs to stop.

• Options
    @CecilB93 Unfortunately insurance doesn’t cover chiropractic care so it will have to be out of pocket. But hopefully they offer some sort of package deal or military discount! 

Honestly part of the reason I’ve been hesitant is because MH thinks it’s pseudoscience. But last pregnancy I didn’t get my pelvis balanced and had a very difficult labor, so I’m willing to try any sort of black magic if it means relief from sciatica and a babe that doesn’t get stuck on the way out! (Also he’ll be gone pretty much my entire third trimester so there’s that. Wahaha.)
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited June 2018
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace I’m sorry you are under so much stress.

@AdorkablePixie I would be furious, too. Of course when he is hurt or scared he wants his mommy, why would someone (especially a mother herself) interfere with that!?!?!?

@pensivecrayon DS was stuck on my pelvic bone (like had indentations and an enlarged soft spot stuck) and I ended up with a c-section. Could having my pelvis balanced have an effect on that?
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon my insurance won't pay for visits at all until deductible is met, so when I go right now it's $50. I don't generally have issues so I go 1-2 times/yr at most. If nothing else, just getting adjusted and cracked around is SO worth going at least once.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie I hope you guys are able to get a little weekend away too!  It's really important to have that time...and DH and I REALLY need it right now.  We're not really friends at the moment.  And that would piss me off too if my MIL did that...I'm sorry she doesn't understand boundaries!  My IL's don't quite get boundaries either because they're so used to being all up in each others business 24/7.  And it bothers me because I've become a pretty private person in the past 3 years.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @PensiveCrayon I hope they can work out something for you! I know a lot of people who don't believe in chiropractic care, but I grew up with my grandma constantly going so I never even considered it being not believable lol. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @katy0990 (Sorry I'm late responding on this but better late than never, right?) I don't know, but I'm assuming a chiropractor would tell you yes. Ha. Apparently you want to look for someone certified in the Webster technique. (More info on that here.)
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018