October 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (6/27)

Re: WTF Wednesday (6/27)

• Options
    @knottieamusements same....I woke up at 3 to pee and it took a while to go back to sleep. But not 4 hours :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I feel you ladies! my puppy is sleeping in her crate again due to the surgery and need for cuddles in the bed. She is pissed and keeps scratching the crate wanting out! The last three nights of sleep has been the worst! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Sleeping this week has become a challenge. I cannot get comfortable. 

Andplusalso I am trapped at my house today on my glorious Saturday (yes, for me it's Saturday since it's my day off) due to a bunch of work people coming and needing access to the house. This sucks. 
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 - That is quite literally the only bright spot for me.  I was planning to work from home this morning anyway, now I’m staying home the whole day.  
  • Options
    Wtf: my social security card is missing. I need it for a car loan ASAP and it’s just not in the lockbox all of those documents live in. I’m so pissed at myself.
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst - That sucks.  Like really sucks.  
  • Options
    WTF to summer being stressful. Work ended last Wednesday (teacher) and my car died and my grandmother died. I just want to rest!
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt I’m so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @cdepperschmidt sorry you have some much going on and sorry for your loss
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @cdepperschmidt so for your loss. Hopefully next week is better  <3
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @cdpepperschmidt sorry for your loss and the stress :( Hoping next week is your relaxing week! 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt I'm so sorry for your loss. :heart:

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    WTF to my cat!!! He's been peeing and pooping everywhere. He did this when I was pregnant with Z and it turned out that the stress of a baby coming almost killed him. 3 day hospital stay and $5000 bill later, he was fine and we've had zero problems since... until the move. And it's getting worse because Z has started hitting and pulling on his tail. I can't get him to stay away from Z because he LOVES Z. We're trying a lot of different stuff to get his stress to go down and to hold of the urinary problems it causes (extra liter box, plug-ins, anti-anxiety collar, wet food) but I'm starting to lose hope. I wish he would just stay away from Z if it's causing him that much stress!! WTF!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    WTF to people touching my belly.  Last night my music director at church walked up to me and lobster clawed my belly.....
    *eyeroll*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt I'm sorry about your grandmother!
  • Options
    cdepperschmidt I'm so sorry for your loss :( Hopefully the week gets better.

@knottieamusements is the bathroom done yet?

My WTF is to work. I was supposed to have a half day tomorrow, mainly because the dog has a vet appt at 2 for his allergies. Well, now I have a 3pm meeting that I really should be on (that depending on how the vet appt goes I might miss) and a 4pm (and I usually get off at 4). I also might have to call into a meeting Fri AM when I'm supposed to be off. I'm getting annoyed at how stressful this week has been just so I can go on vacation and relax.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - Almost.  I’m actually moving back into the main part of the house today (nap some, clean some, nap some...).  I am soooo looking forward to my own bed tonight.  

There are some details to wrap up, but I have a working toilet and shower.  They are having trouble finding a drain that fits the sink.  (I didn’t realize that it was somehow non-standard, or I would totally have gone with something else.)
  • Options
    Internet comfort to everyone for their WTFs.  Is it a full moon this week or something?

And serious side eye to @MissBridg’s belly grabbers.  
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Baby was quieter than normal yesterday but got some good kicks in that I could see from the outside. Today I feel fat and not pregnant. My body hurts like I have just carried every box and piece of furniture moving a whole house on my own... I think the biggest thing I lifted yesterday was a light box with paper in it. I need to do so much today and my body doesn't seem like it will let me :neutral: thankfully I have a chiropractor appointment today so that should help! Also get to yell at chiropractor as they haven't submitted anything to insurance since May. I would have met my deductible if they hadn't dropped the ball.
    Edit spelling 
  • Options
    I'm trying to hard to focus on this 150pg document I HAVE to read before I leave for vacation. It's our "Summary Plan Description" of our Benefits offerings and is so dry. I have to make sure there's no mistakes in it...
  • Options
    @melbo444 flights just seem ridiculously expensive this year. Much more than usual. My flight from Denver to Dallas I can usually find for like $150 roundtrip or less, and this summer it was $240. And flying home to visit fam has gotten more expensive. I know those aren't too expensive compared to other trips, but just more expensive than in the past. Pissing me off. And now that all the airlines are doing the basic economy crap, that's just even worse having to pay extra for a bag or a seat.
  • Options
    Yeah flights out of PDX have been nuts, as have flights to here. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 LOL I'm a creator of SPD's so I send apologies to you. I hope you can power through! It's brutal!
  • Options
    @babyptobe we have a whole new Benefits team this year. We haven't had an official SPD revision since 2015 (don't ask me how the previous group got away with it), so this is a whole revamp. Thankfully our lawyer group took care of most of it, and I just had to get the changes from our vendors. however, now that our communications group did all of the changes, i have to review and make sure it's right and they made our changes. Pretty much anytime a page # is referenced, it's wrong. which is a huge pain in the a$$. Oh and this is just the active population. We haven't started on the retiree or unions (we have 3 different ones). And our plan covers about 13k associates across the US. 
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst - That sucks.  Like really sucks.  
    Wooo the bank accepted the app with just dh’s card! I still ordered a new one anyway. 
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 Seriously check frontier airlines!! I found a flight from Denver to Dallas for $49 one way. You do have to fly on certain days (tues or wed) but still, it’s worth the inconvenience if it doesn’t interfere with your plans too much.  
  • Options
    My current wtf: I’m just so confused. I saw a post on a local (slightly crunchy) moms FB group that was weird af. “Looking for someone who makes breastmilk rings.” WTAF!?! Why??? Could someone please enlighten me as to why this is a thing?
  • Options
    @jynjer91 I usually do look at them first, but seems like their flight times are always so wonky. I was so excited when they started flying to Tulsa, but their flight times suck too. Always screwed. Usually when I fly it's for quick weekend trips.
  • Options
    @jynjer91 I saw a video not too long ago about moms who wish to have a token or memorial of the time spent breastfeeding their little ones. So there are actually people out there who make necklace pendants or bracelets or I guess rings out of breastmilk and a type of hardener for moms to cherish forever. Not personally my style but it whatever get your goat I guess
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 I googled it and TB actually had an article on it. 
    https://www.thebump.com/a/breast-milk-jewelry
  • Options
    @jynjer91 - maybe it is a teething thing?  I saw a suggestion somewhere the other day to make breastmilk popsicles for teething.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements It’s actual jewelry! They preserve your breastmilk by mixing it with chemicals of some kind then mixing it with resin to make a moldable material that hardens like an actual stone. You can get rings or pendants for a necklace etc. I had to go do some research real quick because I was really curious and a bit weirded out.