January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Ticker Change Jan 8-14 w/o 6/25

EDD? 

Symptoms?

R/R/Q: 

Upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery?

Re: Weekly Ticker Change Jan 8-14 w/o 6/25

• Options
    The second question is symptoms, ugh to a long username.

EDD? 
    1/11

Symptoms?

Gas/bloating in the late/afternoon evening, making it painful to do anything.

R/R/Q: 
    We were at a BBQ with friends last night and had put DD in her "Big Sister" shirt to make the announcement, no one noticed until I said something...announcement fail.  haha

Upcoming appointments?
    Just had an appointment last Friday that went well, next appointment isn't until 7/20

Travel!  Complete all the house projects that require a lot of money.  DH would probably make us save/invest some...I mean, I guess we can be practical.
  • Options
    EDD? 
    1/9

Symptoms?
    still lots of nausea - I tried not taking my zofran one day and it was awful. Also super tired and sore boobs. The norm. 

R/R/Q: 
    We told our families and my mom seems so not excited or happy. She said she hasn’t told her best friend or anyone at work or anything. It’s makibg me sad that she doesn’t seem very supportive. The rest of our family seems very happy. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Had my NT scan and a bunch of blood drawn today. Back to my OB next week, hopefully with results in hand. 

I would definitely want to pay off our house and car and make a few improvements to the house. A trip would also be top of the list - probably Hawaii (in first class of course). Other than that and a few smaller things for baby and us, would definitely invest the rest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@mrsmang Give your mom some time, maybe she is still getting use to the idea.  Is this her first grandchild?  I know for some people they associate becoming a grandchild with being "old" and maybe that is hitting her-- that she is aging.  Does she live far away from you? She could also be uncertain of how the relationship with her grandchild will develop from afar.  There are lots of things it could be...I'm sure she will show her excitement, if not now when she holds her grandchild! 
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt it’s her first grandkid so I think some of it is definitely the “feeling old”. I also think she wishes we had waited longer (although we’ve been married two years and are both going to be 28 by the time the baby is born). She had me at he same age and has said things in the past about waiting longer. We felt really ready and like this was what we wanted so she’ll just have to come around. She also said something about thinking we announced early. I know she had a few miscarriages she doesn’t talk about so that may be part of it too. It’s understandable, just hard when I want her to be excited with me and talk about things and she’s just not. Hopefully she’ll come around soon!
  • Options
    @mrsmang I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It's so hard when someone, especially a parent isn't excited for your excitement. I know a few people that have been in your shoes, the parents always come around but that hurtful feeling never seems to go away. I hope your mom comes around soon and you are both able to move past it. 
  • Options
    EDD? 1/9

Symptoms? 
    exhaustion, insomnia, super smell, waves of nausea

R/R/Q: A skunk sprayed somewhere close by and the smell woke me up and I've been awake for 2 hours now. Why can't I sleep through the night?

Upcoming appointments? 
    I have an ultrasound on July 10 . I don't really know the details my Ob gave me this doctor's number and said since you are AMA call and make an appointment. I did and they are squeezing me in. I'm assuming genetic markers?

My SO has big plans of buying a big piece of land and having a big family compound with a main house and then houses for all my family...but all spread out. Me, I would buy a couple houses and open a little shop by the beach!
  • Options
    EDD? Jan 10

Symptoms?  
    I can't poop  :'(

R/R/Q: Rant: Mosquitoes are terrible in my area right now. The buzzing is keeping me up at night.  I swear if there's one in my house it finds my bedroom and wakes me up.  Rave: My husband just surprised me with a strawberry shake. It was like he was in my brain.  God I love that man.

Upcoming appointments?  
    12 week screen U/S next week

Totally depends on the amount!  $1m or something like that I would pay off my mortgage, renovate my house and buy a small condo on a ski resort in B.C. (let's call that the investment haha).  If it was enough to quit working then I also like the idea of buying property somewhere rural but probably on a lake also, would still get the ski condo, and a nice big sailboat so we can cruise in the winter months.  Ah to dream!  My SIL just won $10k on the lotto actually.  Not enough for any big dreams but still a very nice chunk!
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt @mrsmang I also had an announcement fail with my dad and stepmom(smom). I invited them over because “I had something for them” and only dad came over because smom wasn’t feeling well. We put the US photo in a box and FaceTimed smom so she could be part of the announcement too. I guess they already figured it’s why we called them over because their responses were so... deflated.
    This baby is our first and also my dad’s first blood-related grandbaby. My step-siblings have 5 kids so it isn’t my smom’s first grandbaby; it’ll be her 6th. 
    Anyway, was hoping they’d be more excited. I think my dad is excited but didn’t show it because of my mc in January. 

@kiwieloping  mosquitos suck! Put me on the “detests mosquitos” list! 

@molosmiles  while a family compound could be fun (depending on your family!) I think a shop by the beach sounds exciting too! 

EDD? 
    1/9

Symptoms?
    Tired, just tired. Emotional. Soo emotional. 

R/R/Q: 
    It’s been so hard not telling people I’m pregnant especially now that I’m almost out of the 1st tri. But my husband and I agreed we’d wait a little longer, after NIPT results come back. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Not until end of July. I’m on a 4-week schedule now.

Buy a house. Invest some. Donate the rest to a non-profit. And if it was enough to let me quit my job, definitely quit my job and volunteer at a church or a non-profit. 
  • Options
    EDD? 1/10

Symptoms?
    Bloat, random cravings (salad, mustard, pad thai, cereal), warm body, laziness, exhausted

R/R/Q: I have some good cravings, so that's cool. I wanted mustard SO bad a few minutes ago, so I dipped pretzels in yellow mustard and eventually started just licking it off. So weird. Also, pad thai....yum, but an expensive craving for good pad thai.
    I told my work today! I only told my supervisors, HR, and a few close colleagues. Everyone else in our office will know soon enough. There's 3 other ladies that are also pregnant in my role, so I kind of feel bad, but I'm excited and everyone else is excited. Thankfully, I work for a giant agency that has lots of clinicians that can take over my caseload while I'm gone.
    ****I'm SO excited! I heard back from the Board of MFT and they scheduled my state licensing exam for August 15! I'm so nervous, and super excited.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Tuesday I have my NT scan :) can't wait to see this baby again!

Pay off the house and STUDENT LOANS!!! Can't wait to be free of student loans. Seems like it'll take forever. Then travel, help a few family members, put away a bunch for kids college, invest some. 

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj student loans take forever to pay off!! We have been working hard to get ours paid off. It’s the last debt we have. If we can stay on budget, we should be debt free by December. And even though that’s only 6 months from now, it feels like an eternity because of the tight budget we’ve been on in order to get out of debt as fast as possible. Dave Ramsey is my hero. Financial Peace University was so worthwhile for us! 
  • Options
    @featherchicki I have a few friends using the Dave Ramsey method for student loans right now, too! We did that about 7 years ago for other debt and budgeting, but then stopped when we moved to Los Angeles in 2014. For some reason it was hard for us to follow it out there.
    Right now we could buy a second home with the amount of my student loans, so it just seems so far off. That must feel AWESOME to know your loans will be paid off SO SOON!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    EDD? 

Symptoms?

Sleeping at night is not happening. 

R/R/Q: 
    I spent most of the day in the ER with my 4 year old.  She started throwing up yesterday, and by this morning it was clear she needed fluids.  By the time I got her to the hospital her blood sugar level was 53.  She didn’t even have the strength to hold her head up. It was the saddest thing.  They gave her zofran through her IV, and then gave her apple juice to get that number up. Once all her labs came back in the normal range we were sent home.  I have to take her back tomorrow for some IV therapy, and again on Monday to hopefully get the IV out.  Now I’m just sitting here hoping and praying it doesn’t make the rounds.  I don’t have enough zofran for that. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Next thursday. 

Pay off the debt, and then buy a house out in the middle of nowhere and live like a hermit.  I really hate neighbors.