February 2019 Moms
Options

Tuesday ticker change 6/26

This is for those of us with a Tuesday due date of: 05 Feb 19, 12 Feb 19, 19 Feb 19, 26 Feb 19

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times.

Re: Tuesday ticker change 6/26

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 5 weeks size of an appleseed apparently.

2. How are you feeling? fine, lots of imagined symptoms. Quite bad diarrhoea (sorry tmi) which is quite random. 

3. Any appointments this week? will call the midwife next week but I talked to my gp today which was good. She recommended waiting to have my scan until I'm 8 weeks to have the best chance of seeing something.

4. Rants/raves/questions? praying for nausea to kick in soon to reassure me, which is a bit bonkers. But got a new car on the weekend which is well overdue.

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times. Harry Potter, books mainly. Lost count of how many times I have reread them.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 8 weeks - size of a cerise confite

2. How are you feeling? I’m feeling a little bit better in the nausea department, but I’m still really tired and hormonal. 

3. Any appointments this week? Nothing for the next two weeks. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing right now. 

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times.  I watch Sex and the City once every 1-2 years, and for books it would probably be Harry Potter.

@lokibear89  What kind of car did you get?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lea-v3lea-v3 member

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 8 weeks. Baby is a raspberry. 

2. How are you feeling? nausea is starting to kick in :( also, I've had a on and off headache for a few days.

3. Any appointments this week? I have my first appt tomorrow. My ob retired after my last baby, so I'm starting all over with a new one.

4. Rants/raves/questions? its been a rough week and it's only Tuesday. I have rants, too many rants.

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times. I could binge watch anything historical/period. I love pbs shows like Downton or Victoria. I'm also guilty of having watched Heart of Dixie from start to finish more than once.. I could read Harry Potter a thousand times. Also The Forgotten Garden and The Girl with No Shadow. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 6 weeks. Baby is the size of a lentil.

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good. Crazy bloating, but everything else is tolerable. I keep reminding myself not to be so optimistic because I haven't seen a heartbrat yet, but I just feel okay about this one. Hopefully I'm not wrong, but it's really nice to be at peace for the most part. I didn't get to experience that with DS or DD in early pregnancy and I feel like I didn't start to bond with them until much later. This will be my last, so I'm really trying to appreciate every stage. Easy to say because I am one of those annoying women who love being pregnant.  ;)

3. Any appointments this week? Nope, first US is next week.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Rave: my pay check on Friday will reflect 2.5 months of back pay for my annual increase. So excited for that!

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times. Either Harry Potter or Jurassic Park. We go back and forth between the two and have seen both series countless times. Harry Potter holds a special place in my heart because we watched the series over and over again when I was on maternity leave with my son. Same for JP when I was on leave with my daughter.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 8 weeks/strawberry

2. How are you feeling? Meh. Lots of aversions to smells/foods and constant bubble guts.

3. Any appointments this week? Sigh. No. Hospital won't see me until 10 weeks,

4. Rants/raves/questions? I just want to scream from a rooftop how fvcked up America's maternity leave is. In my profession, I basically have to create my own using my sick days. It's absolutely an embarrassment and a crime how poorly we treat our mothers here.

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times. The Office, Shameless, any book by Wally Lamb
  • Options
    @bleucheeznwine I had my son and daughter while working for a different employer, who paid half my wages for 8 weeks and I received disability from the state for 8 weeks. I just realized this week that my current employer pays 55% for 6-8 weeks and that's it. So I have 7 months to save enough money and PTO to get through 16 weeks (hopefully) of leave. It's appalling. And I'm even more pissed because I know if I return early, it will affect my supply/breastfeeding.
  • Options
    ruby696 said:
    @bleucheeznwine I had my son and daughter while working for a different employer, who paid half my wages for 8 weeks and I received disability from the state for 8 weeks. I just realized this week that my current employer pays 55% for 6-8 weeks and that's it. So I have 7 months to save enough money and PTO to get through 16 weeks (hopefully) of leave. It's appalling. And I'm even more pissed because I know if I return early, it will affect my supply/breastfeeding.
    Ugh, @ruby696 that's no good. I'll have about 19 paid days, and then will be taking 3 months unpaid, where I'll also have to pay totally out of pocket for my health insurance.
  • Options
    @bleucheeznwine It's crap. It's not like the bills stop coming because we're not working. Thank god we get our health insurance through my husband. And luckily, he has a ton of time off, so he may be taking a month off if I have to go back soon, just so we don't send the baby to daycare earlier than 4-5 months. Which still feels so young. Ugh.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco Subaru forester, it's so big! But I barely drive and it's much more practical 
  • Options
    febmumfebmum member
    edited June 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 8 weeks, so the size of an olive.

2. How are you feeling? Lots of nausea. Sense of smell has gone hyper.  I sat in a meeting today for 90 minutes with a plate of chocolate digestive biscuits across the table.  The meeting room smelled to me like a chocolate factory, totally overwhelming.

3. Any appointments this week? Not this week.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Checked out the spreadsheet just now and great to see there are five kiwis so far as part of this group! That's about four more than I was expecting ;)

5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times. The Office.  Except for the Scott's Tots episode...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @febmum where abouts are you? I'm in Auckland:)
  • Options
    febmumfebmum member
    @lokibear89 I'm in Wellington - known for its wind, coffee, and apparently (the things you find out when you become pregnant as a first time mum) very few obstetricians! Grew up in Auckland though. Are you born'n'bred or more recent Aucklander?
  • Options
    @febmum love welly! Born in the UK but brought up here. Live somewhere there is very few midwives on the other hand.
  • Options
    febmumfebmum member
    @lokibear89 Looks like the midwife shortage is really starting to be felt, they get booked up pretty early. Hopefully you don't have a tough time finding someone you gel with!
  • Options
    @febmum there is only one really in the area I live. She is one of the nurses next door but does natural births only. That's my ideal but who knows really.
  • Options
    5. GTKY: What is your go-to film/tv series/book? The one you could watch/read a thousand times. The Office.  Except for the Scott's Tots episode...
    Omg no! Scott’s Tots is like in my top 5 favorite episodes. I realize I’m in the minority though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    febmumfebmum member
    @rachstar18 oh no I feel physically uncomfortable watching it and start squirming haha! So many greats though, choosing a top 5 is hard.
  • Options
    @febmum it’s definitely super hard to watch. Top five is too hard to decide but I think Jim/Pam wedding is up there for me. And Michael proposing to Holly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19