January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/25

• Options
    @emmaaa I hope she feels better! Having a sick LO is the worst 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else watch Big Brother??? It started tonight!! I don't like reality TV and don't watch them...except this one. It's my guilty pleasure show.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I announced my pregnancy at 6 weeks. Super early. But it has been nice that people know since I have been pretty sick. The way I see it... yes it would be hard if I were to MC but I would have love and support from so many people to help me get through it all. 11w3d now and all is looking good!! 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @BitterBetty12 @alexandraseattle @sfgiantsgamerbabe @drabong88

Thanks y'all! Her fever seems to have broke last night and hopefully stays away. We got her to eat some chicken and rice soup before bed and her temp was down to 100.8. I alternated Tylenol and Motrin but the 11:30 dosing was terrible. She was already crying in her crib but was laying there asleep kind of. And then getting her up to give Motrin was hell. She screamed and screamed wanting back in bed while I forced her to take it. Then had to change her shirt because she had been sweating so bad. Her body felt cool though which was good. She was inconsolable.Didn't want to be held but screamed to be in her crib and then cried in her crib. We sat there and rubbed her head and sang to her until she settled down finally. I skipped the next dosing and just waited until about 4:30 and again she felt cool. She was in a better mood when I got her up to give it to her that time though and went back to sleep. DH stayed home with her today and said her temp is normal but could only take it under her arm right now. All she wants to do is lay down so I think he's enjoying the cuddles right now. Hoping that this will pass soon.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    It's going to be hot here for the next week and I'm planning on taking ds to the pool as much as possible. I'm just hoping he doesn't get sick again, he got hand foot and mouth after we went to the pool a few weeks ago. 
  • Options
    @emmaaa I always feel so bad for enjoying those sick cuddles! My DD is a force to be reckoned with and normally only has time for a quick hug and cuddle now and then, so when she’s sick and wants to snuggle I eat it up!

@sweetyjenj ME! I’ve never watched it before but one of my bump friends from back in the day convinced me to start and I’m already hooked. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @saltedcaramel518 are you on a schedule? I'm a pig and eat whenever I want LOL No counting down for me!
  • Options
    @molosmiles Haha, I’m not necessarily on a schedule, but I’m trying to avoid constantly eating, so I’ll tell myself something like, “Okay, you can eat lunch at 12.” (Versus 10:30 a.m. when I’m already thinking about lunch  :D)
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    Ha ha ha, you have much better self control than I do. The only thing stopping me from eating is not liking my current options!
  • Options
    I eat when I want, though I'm restricted by my client schedule. I do have simple snacks to eat between meals or between sessions if I'm hungry and it's not mealtime though. Each client session is an hour, so that helps me to space out my snacks, but I do eat several snacks thoughout the day. I pick ones that will fill me up a bit but are healthy...like a banana, apple, carrots, pretzels, Good Thins crackers (i looove these), almonds, greek yogurt, veggies, etc.

• Options
    Anyone else watch Big Brother??? It started tonight!! I don't like reality TV and don't watch them...except this one. It's my guilty pleasure show.
    I do!! I haven’t watched the first episode yet, but I LOVE it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone else count down the time until you can eat again? #sohungry
    I've been eating lunch around 10:45, and I have a coworker that always comments on it. Just let me stuff my face in peace!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    No shame in eating lunch before noon. I hit up a local Thai place right as they opened at 11 AM. Lunch buffet FTW.
  • Options
    AliKay20 said:
    No shame in eating lunch before noon. I hit up a local Thai place right as they opened at 11 AM. Lunch buffet FTW.
    Agree wholeheartedly. I eat 5-6x a day. Not all are big meals. But I eat a little something every 2-3 hrs.

I need to learn how to make Thai stir fry. Mmmmmm! Thai buffet?? Toooo tempting! LOL 
  • Options
    @featherchicki yasss!! They had everything available - all the staples. Pad thai, drunken noodles, fried rice, green curry, crispy basil chicken, etc. All for $11. WHAT.

OBGYN was all, “everything in moderation! Those foods are fine but keep in mind they contain a lot of sugar.” 

I only had two plates...
  • Options
    @AliKay20 I consider only 2 plates a win! 
  • Options
    I’m currently stuffing my face with Chili cheese fries because the babysitter called in sick and I’m at home with DD2 and there is no one here to judge me. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else count down the time until you can eat again? #sohungry
    Yes! I have to wait a certain amount of time between meals and snacks and I have literally counted down the minutes until I could eat.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yes! I just ate lunch an hour and a half ago and I’m sitting here with my stomach growling...sadly I already ate all the snacks I brought today! 
  • Options
    Yes! I just ate lunch an hour and a half ago and I’m sitting here with my stomach growling...sadly I already ate all the snacks I brought today! 
    Hahaha, yes this is also about me timing it so that I don’t eat all my food before noon. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    All this food talk is making me hungry! I'm about to head to a professional association happy hour that I was in charge of planning. I may not be able to drink, but at least I know the food will be on point!  Three different types of sliders - yum! 

• Options
    @emmaaa glad your DD is starting to feel better. I hate it when they get sick. I feel so helpless! Just Tuesday night we were eating dinner at my in-laws place. She make salmon for DD all the time and is usually really careful about removing all the bones, but this piece must have had a ton of hidden bones. DD spit one one and then started crying and clawing at her mouth. She had another bone stuck in the back of her mouth! It was terrifying because we couldn't get her to open her mouth wide enough to get it out. She eventually vomited it out, but we took her to the ED just to make sure there weren't any other pieces left (or that it didn't cause any damage). She ended up having a THIRD bone stuck down her throat that had to be removed via emergency surgery by an ear, nose, throat doctor. They kept us overnight just to watch her and luckily she was totally fine by morning (just tired and grouchy from not sleeping much). I just can't believe the random accidents kids have.. I also can't believe how good she was at the hospital. She usually screams during the entire pediatrician visit, but was 100% calm and cooperative during the X-rays, vitals, etc.. 
  • Options
    @Mandamay1414 oh my gosh. How scary. Thank goodness you guys took her in. I feel like I would be such a mess on that situation but you really don't know unless you are in it. I hope you all stayed calm, sounds like you did if your DD did. Good job parents and grandparents!
  • Options
    Thanks @molosmiles. I thinks it's one of those things where it just doesn't feel real until after it's over. I think it also helped that DH is an anesthesia resident and understood everything the other docs were telling us. He was able to tell me what the different courses of action might be before they even told us, so I wasn't totally unprepared for emergency surgery.  

• Options
    My sister and I both started our families a little later. Now I'm 39 having our second, and last, child. I always wondered if pregnancy was easier on your body in your 20s as opposed to your mid to lates 30s. We were talking about that today. 

Anyone with experience care to chime in? 
  • Options
    @CoastieGirl79 I was 26 with my first, 34 with my second, and now 36 with my third. 26 is on the higher end of 20s but still such a difference in age from 26 to 34. Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference , in fact my first pregnancy was probably the hardest as far as morning sickness, hip pain, rlp, birth, everything. I don't know if my experience is normal though. I wonder if being even younger 20s makes more of a difference. Interested to see others views as well.
  • Options
    @Mandamay1414 oh my gosh, how awful! I'm glad you took her into the ER. How old is she?
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @molosmiles I had my son at 36. At 39, it doesn't feel all that different. Maybe I'm a little more tired bc our son is 3 and high speed, low drag, but that's to be expected.
  • Options
    @Mandamay1414 oh my goodness!!! How scary!!! Thank goodness you took her in!

• Options
    @galactickates I think this the thread we talked about MFM? Anyways the staircase episode is number 100! On the description it just says a surprise case. I'm listening now. Takes me a week to listen to an episode  :D
  • Options
    Thank you @molosmiles ! I wanted to listen to that one!
  • Options
    Hey guys. Sorry for my absence. One of the cheerleaders I used to coach went missing and they found her body today. There's been a lot going on, and I just need some time to chill. I hope that everyone is doing well. Praying for you guys.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @oaklandava that's so terrible! I hope your able to rest and relax some I feel like I would be a mess
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @oaklandava Oh my God, that's awful. I'm so sorry. 

• Options
    @oaklandava i was wondering how you were doing.  That's absolutely awful.  I'm so sorry.   Take care of yourself.  
  • Options
    @oaklandava oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. What a stressful thing to go through. I hope you are doing okay. Take time to yourself or allow yourself to grieve / heal however you need. My thoughts to her family.
  • Options
    @kns1988 she will be 2 next month. 
    @oaklandava I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine what that would be like. 

• Options
    @oaklandava that is awful. I’m so sorry. My thoughts go out to her family.
  • Options
    @oaklandava I'm so sorry, that's awful!

I've been missing from the board this week. I went to a conference and was just crazy busy. Feeling anxious about work in general. 

About the food stuff, I avoid most the stuff on "the list" - undercooked foods, deli meat, sushi, tilefish, mackerel, etc. I avoid things I have aversions to (coffee), but try to hit the nutrition recs on fish, fruit, and vegetables.

This pregnancy I am actually hungry - a nice change from last one!