September 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms | Week of June 25th

2»

Re: Randoms | Week of June 25th

• Options
    dexniedexnie member
    Nooo. I’ve been looking forward to birth as an opportunity to increase my caffeine intake a bit. Didn’t think that baby might not agree with that plan. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @dexnie some babies are completely unaffected by caffeine. Unfortunately mine took every opportunity available to not sleep. :)
  • Options
    Petty problem? The Canada Day fireworks woke DD up.  :(
  • Options
    @crispy11 hurray for no more terrible shifts!
     I was told to book another follow up u/s at 34 weeks to check placenta position again. I didn’t ask enough questions at my appointment, so I’m not entirely sure what’s going on in there, 

@mrsman2018 oh that sucks! I was worried about that tonight.we live super close to where they do the fireworks in our city. Apparently our kid sleeps like a rock, DH hasn’t texted anything to me. I am working tonight, and out of 40 boarding dogs, only one was scared by fireworks in the distance. 
  • Options
    crispy11crispy11 member
    edited July 2018
    I love fireworks and never used to care about neighbors setting them off because we've set some off before too. And then I had a kid...

I still don't mind them in general, I just appreciate when they're done closer to 8-ish or immediately when the sun set as opposed to our jackass neighbors who set them off after 10pm last year.
    Hey! I just noticed in your siggy that our sons are the exact same age! My son is 9/13/16 too! Are you nervous this LO will share a birthday with your first?  I think we should be okay because I'm due 9/3 and as a 4th time mom whose last baby was 10 pounds 13 oz on his due date, I don't think there is any chance I'll go (or be allowed to go) 10 days late.  My first was 11 days late though so I guess you never know! 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    @crispy11 - Sharing a birthday is definitely a thought I've had! I don't mind them close but I'd rather not on the same day. Although a coworker who shared his birthday with his brother assures me he never minded growing up.

DS1 was born on 40+5. I'd love to not be overdue again, but that puts me really close to ended up with 2 birthdays the same day since my due date is only 7 days after DS's b-day.

But I have no control so I'm trying not to worry about it!! lol
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I love fireworks and never used to care about neighbors setting them off because we've set some off before too. And then I had a kid...

I still don't mind them in general, I just appreciate when they're done closer to 8-ish or immediately when the sun set as opposed to our jackass neighbors who set them off after 10pm last year.
    Same^. And we have those jackass neighbors too who do a full freaking professional display at 10 pm. Hence, DS is spending the night at Grandma’s since he goes there the next day while I work anyway! Last year he was 3 months old and slept through the whole thing. There’s no way that will happen this year. 
  • Options
    @crispy11 - Sharing a birthday is definitely a thought I've had! I don't mind them close but I'd rather not on the same day. Although a coworker who shared his birthday with his brother assures me he never minded growing up.

DS1 was born on 40+5. I'd love to not be overdue again, but that puts me really close to ended up with 2 birthdays the same day since my due date is only 7 days after DS's b-day.

But I have no control so I'm trying not to worry about it!! lol
    Definitely nothing to stress about! It's a preference I have too.  I'm more hoping to make it into Sept because our school cut off is Sept 1st so DS1 will be on the older side. I would feel bad sending DS2 only a year behind a brother who is basically two years older than him.  
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018