What symptoms are still with you?

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekly Symptoms • w/o 6.24

• Options
    @lexidawg We're sleeping badly here too! I know it's 90 percent to blame on the air mattress - it's hot! I've taken to taking a serious pre-noon nap. Great job on the groceries & meal prepping!

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I can’t imagine sleeping on an air mattesss right now! Good job on the nap! I am the WORST at napping unless I’m super sick!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The headaches are driving me crazy. They are happening almost daily and I can feel the tension in my neck. They are making me cranks, tired, and miserable.
  • Options
    @katy0990
    Sounds like you need a bath or a heat pack on your neck.

Mine isn't really a symptom - just funny. I was singing all day today and now my abs hurt  :#

• Options
    @echo-charlietango @lexidawg Sleep was going better... until last night!  Been up for a few hours already.  What do y'all do when you can't sleep in the middle of the night?  I usually read but lately I've been using my computer, which I probably shouldn't do.  I pretend I am doing work but I get basically nothing productive done.  Also @echo-charlietango how long do you have to sleep on an air mattress for?  I slept on one a whole summer once, but I would not want to repeat the experience pregnant.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Woke up RAVENOUS at 5 a.m. but managed to go back to sleep somehow! I also had a dream that Hugh Grant and I boned, hello pregnancy sex dreams. Headaches are still around, but usually only when I wake up. It’s frustrating, but manageable. 

@echo-charlietango I remember you mentioned in another thread that your weight gain has slowed after a big leap in first trimester. Thankfully mine seems to be doing the same. (Also, I forgot that air mattress sleeping comes with PCSing! Booooooo! That’s the worst even when you’re not pregnant!)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @kadeephd When I wake I let myself be awake until I get bored with Facebook ~20 mins. Then I plug into an audiobook, it helps me get out of my head and get back to sleep. 
    Meanwhile, @PensiveCrayon knows the air mattress routine too well! We were supposed to get our things today...but we were told July 13 instead. Ugh. I love the air mattress because it’s firm and doesn’t go flat, but it’s not breathable like our real foam mattress :bawling:

Anniversary
  • Options
    As for me still having "morning sickness"....early morning.  As in like 2 am and it wakes me up.  Starting to feel some little baby flutters and have a little more energy.  I made a real breakfast for the kids this morning instead of dumping cereal in bowls and collapsing on the couch so YAY!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Boobopgirl hope you start feeling better soon!

I am feeling great! Feeling like my normal self despite enraged hormones! It’s like they come in waves or something. I’ve been battling acne and cold sores this entire pregnancy and the past week my face was finally able to clear up! Until this weekend when a giant zit and a thankfully concealed cold sore popped up. Also controlling my emotions this past weekend was not happening - my poor family!
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Hiw can they be off by 2 weeks?!?
  • Options
    Ugh. I feel miserable all the time. I'm sick if I eat. I'm sick if I don't. My belly is so sore all the time and the only thing that helps that is pressing on my belly - I told DH this baby is already way more needy than the other two because it always needs to be held. 

Really hoping I start feeling a little better soon, but also a little worried that my weight gain is going to be out of control once that happens and I can eat whatever I want.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @katy0990 Well, today was just the "required delivery date." Our things are in town, but the local carriers are already booked and working, so the 13th is the soonest they can get our crates out of storage and to the house (they also unload the crates, unpack the boxes, remove all of the packing materials AND re-assemble all of the furniture). The downside is that we are still camping in our house, but the upside is that we can start the upstairs renovation ASAP. At least we can start collecting receipts for things like the laundromat - we should get reimbursed those costs because they have my nice washer & dryer held hostage :cry: It's kind of a butt, but manageable.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I have a good feeling you got this!!   Good Luck anyways!!
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited June 2018
    @echo-charlietango At least they do most of the work for you!
  • Options
    Threw up water again this morning, and I'm still throwing up about three times a week, so I guess I'll ask my OB to move me up to the next stronger medication from Pepcid? I just am worried about going to the top level of medication now, still so early on, when I am 100% sure that this will get so much worse in the third trimester. I don't know if it makes sense, but it makes me feel better that I have a stronger medication I can take in the future when this worsens. So, I just wonder if I should hang on just with Pepcid and Tums for now? I have gotten used to the throwing up a few times a week (though obviously it's unpleasant) but I'm torn on whether to upgrade medicine yet. Has anyone else dealt with this in prior pregnancies or this one and have advice?
  • Options
    Holy mood swings, Batman. I spent the vast majority of this weekend crying, sometimes for reasons, but also sometimes for no reasons. I've been a delight to live with, I'm sure.
  • Options
    @maureenmce that makes sense, but ongoing vomiting can also make reflux worse. So I’d aim to get it better controlled sooner. You could talk to your doctor about dosing of pepcid (can you take a higher dose? or twice daily?) if you want to keep the big guns for later but step up treatment. Some people also respond more fully to one kind of H2 blocker than another. Is there anything else in that class of meds that your doctor is comfortable with having you try?  

Also just commiserating because it’s no fun. Hope you get to something even better than “only” throwing up 3x a week soon. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce So, if there is any chance that you can feel good now, I'd take it! At least you'll get a moment of reprieve, ya know?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @maureenmce I understand what you’re saying, but I would still get go up to the next level.  That way, you can hopefully enjoy some of second trimester, before third trimester at all its lovely unpromising set in.
  • Options
    Thanks @katy0990 @texas_t and @Katzalia ! You're right, I guess I should just get relief now, if I can. It was just more of a mental security blanket knowing I still have one more step I can take if it gets to be too much, but why wait when I'm puking? I am currently taking 2 Pepcids, one when I first wake up and one at lunch. So I'll see what my OB suggests as the next type of medicine to try.
  • Options
    @maureenmce I hope your OB can help you figure out something that works!!

Afm, I've been visiting the bathroom every couple hours the last few days, so baby is definitely getting bigger. And actually, I can feel my bump starting! No noticeable difference yet, but closer! The headaches are almost non-stop, lower back pain (general soreness and sciatic nerve pain), slept like crap last night, and I've been starving just about every hour regardless of when/how much I eat (within my limitations of course, making it worse *eyeroll*)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 You are having sciatic pain too? I have been trying to figure out if mine is pregnancy related or not. I mean, baby is the size of a lemon. How could it be starting already?!?!
  • Options
    @katy0990 Baby might be the size of a lemon, but your ute is like the size of coconut! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    RLP is real, man. Every time I stand up or move!  Or sneeze, cough, blow my nose, etc.
  • Options
    @katy0990 it’s true! That relaxin hormone works fast. I started going to a chiropractor last week—mine has gotten worse and I know it’s just going to worsen.

Ihad a very weird episode on Sunday of all the rooms in my house looking to me as if they were filled with smoke. Like when you burn something in the oven and things look hazy. I asked my husband if he burned something and he looked at me like I was crazy. He saw no smoke. And it kept getting worse for like an hour and of course I’m thinking “oh lord, I’m going blind!” I laid down for a while and when I woke, poof! Everything was clear! I asked my midwife and she said it was likely due to swelling of the eyeballs! My AC had been broken all day and in TX heat she warned me to be careful and stay cool. Anyway—that’s just what’s new with me!
  • Options
    @ccccaaatt Swelling of the eyeballs?!?! That is crazy!
  • Options
    The hunger monster continues to be the ringleader of symptoms over here. Had 2 helpings of veggie lasagna less than 2 hours ago, and can tell I'm going to need a snack before bed unless I want to wake up hungry at midnight. I thought I would love wanting to eat all the time (and I know it probably sounds like a ridiculous complaint to those of you who are still not feeling well and having aversions,  I'm sorry), but in reality it's super annoying to be thinking about what I'm going to eat all the time! 
  • Options
    Sciatic pain like crazy the last couple Days! I’ve been nonstop on my feet and doing a lot of projects but I can’t believe how bad it is! Also, i woke up at 2:30 the other morning to throwing up what felt like pure acid, so that was fun. Tums and I are now good friends. I’m still taking unison because the only reason I’m a functional mother is the sleep I get at night. Definitely hormonal and moody, too.. and feeling huge! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @OrangeCrush29 I hope your symptoms improve soon! Being a mom is hard enough without the added pregnancy stress.
  • Options
    Anyone else experiencing really sharp pain in your boobs/nipples?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Speaking of nipples, those have been off limits basically since I had DS with all the BFing, pumping and just, changes. All of the sudden they are a hot zone for me again. 

I'm still dealing with slow ass bowels, but have been taking Metamucil at nights which helps in spurts. Otherwise, at this moment I feel pretty.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Emotions all over the place for me. And even with the air conditioning on in the room, I'm overheating at night and not sleeping well. Some RLPs if I get up too quickly and my nipples are definitely still sore. I'm definitely showing now - good thing we announced earlier this week. I'm just so confused because I thought first time moms showed a little later than 14 weeks, but my body doesn't want to hide it. :D 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer I was also surprised how 'big' i am already! I am 15w5d and this week I feel like I have grown a ton! But, fine with Me, time to embrace the bump and those comfy maternity clothes! 
  • Options
    @morgantu Definitely! I really need some maternity work pants though, so I'll have to go out this weekend. I've been wearing dresses for two weeks at work and this week it got cloudy/a little cooler again. I'm also hoping not to get too big before mid-July. A friend is coming out who is my size and done having kids. She's bringing me all her maternity clothes.  <3 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer oh that will be awesome. I'm also kind of mish-mashing things together. I don't want to buy too many summery things because the biggest part of this pregnancy will happen in fall/winter. A belly band is my best friend right now 
  • Options
    @morgantu Yes to the belly band! I have 2 of them and 1 pair of maternity shorts. Hoping to make it through the summer with those and some dresses so I can save money for cute fall maternity stuff!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    So for the past few weeks, i've had restless legs, or at least the gnawing need to massage my feet and calves. My yoga instructor suggested eating more bananas. And you know what? I think she was right. When I ate a banana per day (give or take) - no restless legs. The past 4-5 days I went without - restless legs are back.. so yeah.. back to bananas I guess..

• Options
    @ab_canada Have you tried using a tennis ball for your feet/calves.  You kind of lay your leg on and roll the muscle around on it. And you can stand and massage 1 foot at a time on it.  It is heavenly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker