TTC After a Loss
Options

RE for recurrent miscarriage- advice?

coco2787coco2787 member
edited June 2018 in TTC After a Loss
I made an RE appointment for next week and was hoping those of you who have seen an RE for RPL could offer some insight.  *TW fertility*  I get pregnant easily, but I've lost 4 pregnancies in the last 7 months.  Two CPs and two MMC (one at 9 weeks and one at 14 weeks).  Because my losses were all at different times and the basic RPL testing I've had done has all been normal, my biggest concern is that my egg quality is bad.  I don't plan on making any decisions at the first appointment, but I'm wondering if there's any questions I should definitely ask or any testing that I should make sure to pursue.  Also curious, for those of you who have a known or suspected egg quality issue, did your RE suggest any treatment ideas other than IVF with PGS?  It feels like an extreme solution when I don't have a fertility problem, but at this point I'm willing to do whatever it takes to avoid going through another loss.  
Me: 35  H: 35
Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
that place where you can still remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.  
That's where I'll be waiting."
~Peter Pan 

*TW*
BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 

Re: RE for recurrent miscarriage- advice?

• Options
    @coco2787 you and I seem to have very similar issues. *TW* I have a DD and prior to having her I had one CP and then got pregnant with her the next month. This time around I had a MC at 9weeks and have had two CPs since. When I went to the RE we discussed my whole history and then she laid out all the tests that would be done over a two month period (pretty sure they are all standard tests). From there the only thing that came back low was my egg quality. My RE suggested we try for a couple more months on our own and then move straight to IVF. She’s very open minded and willing to discuss other options but she said since our issue isn’t getting pregnant the only intervention that really makes sense is IVF. If it doesn’t happen for us this month we start IVF in the beginning of July. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @offtoneverland yes, you’re right. I misstated that, my low number was on AMH level which is just the indicator of follicle production so not necessarily quality. That was another reason she only wanted to give us a few more months of trying on our own and then move straight to IVF. Since I had that tested ten years ago for donating eggs and it was on the lower side then and has only dropped from there she was concerned about it continuing to lower. 
  • Options
    @char245 Gotcha! I just wanted to make sure you knew because when I first found out about my low AMH, I was freaking out thinking it meant my egg quality was bad, until my friends on the Bump talked to me and explained it. Regardless, it still is a pretty alarming diagnosis, because it makes the future uncertain as you may have a timeline to be working with, but there's just no way to know what that timeline is. :( It's really stressful. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @coco2787 good luck with your Apt! I would love to know what they recommend as I have a similar situation and have had 3 losses (1 cp and 2 MMC) in the past 6 months. My 2 later losses were at roughly the same point in my pregnancy so I don’t know if that hints at a possible different explanation than if they are all at different points. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    thank you @zamora_spin, that's all helpful.  I've seen that study before about "super fertile" women and I feel like that definitely applies to me, and it made sense that my first 3 losses might have been an issue with embryo quality.  I'm almost hoping the NIPT results were a false negative so that I have some answers that maybe I can work with.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin @coco2787 I think I also fall into the ‘super-fertile’ area for women. I have had 5 total pregnancies and only 1 month in all 5 where I possibly could have gotten a BFP and did not (and that was my first cycle coming off of over 10 years on BC right before my first pregnancy). I asked my Dr about this phenomenon of a more ‘slutty uterus’ and she seemed completely unaware! But it makes so much sense to me from what I have read. I’m really hoping that is the case with me and that the overall quality of the next embryo will be higher and will stick around. I feel so lucky to be fertile but man is there a negative for every positive thing in life!
    BabyFruit Ticker}