October 2018 Moms

Stabby Saturday (6/23)

Mostly starting this because the GIF was too good to pass up. 

Re: Stabby Saturday (6/23)

• I have been sick with a sore throat, cough and congestion. I hate not being able to sleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • My 3 year old is making me super stabby. Love him more than life itself but holy smokes!!!!!! We might not make it to 4. The “threenager” thing is NO JOKE. 
  • My 3 year old is making me super stabby. Love him more than life itself but holy smokes!!!!!! We might not make it to 4. The “threenager” thing is NO JOKE. 
    Ugh yes. I've been trying all sorts of naptime changes to try and make mine less of an asshole. No change so far lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • My prenatal vitamins smell super strongly of mildew and I've been taking them for days before figuring out that was the source of the nasty smell. Ugh. I don't need this on top of the strep throat from hell.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Stabby at McAfee Firewall for blocking my printer. Like what the hell, let me print damn it! After about 5 hours of troubleshooting, (including figuring out it was indeed McAfee that sucks), I figured out how to unblock the print spooler. My goodness, that was way harder than it needed to be.
  • @jemmerjams I would have been mad as hell! Sometimes "smart" technology is so damn dumb! Like seriously, in what logic would blocking the printer ever make sense?!
  • @jynjer91 That would make me sooooo mad! I’m sorry you’re not having the best bday. DH knows my birthday is my favorite holiday every year and to never pull something like this...although this year with being pregnant and having our AS the day after I *almost* forgot about my own birthday!

Anyways, Happy Birthday!! I hope the lunch today is extra special!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • I applaud you for standing up for the kid!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @sarahzett good for you momma! Love titting that because she saw she was wrong, and left.
  • @mytrueloves thanks! I mean, what kind of looney tunes person screams profanity at a child?! Mind boggling. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @mamabearcj haha yesss! I don't love confrontation but I will not look away when someone is being wronged, especially a child. I also am a regular at this park; I know (and follow) the rules. I don't appreciate people who think they are above them. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• edited June 2018
    Stabby at my car because the transmission died on Friday.

I thought something was wrong with the transmission so I took it in last week and of course it acted perfectly. Friday we got on the road for a 4 hour car trip to a wedding. It started acting up after about an hour and died about 30 minutes later. We had to get a tow and a rental. It’s going to cost 4K to fix (getting a second opinion), I still owe 7K on the car, the car only has 93K miles on it, it’s only 7 years old and we are 3K miles past the warranty. This is our “good” car. DH car is 21 years old. 

ETA: I’ve also literally never had a problem with this car and it’s only ever been in the shop for oils changes, tires, brakes and routine maitenance. 
  • @mamabearcj I would, but she’s 45 mins away so I never just stop in. I keep telling her she needs to move closer to us, but I’m the one that left and if she moves closer to me she’s farther from her 2 sons that are always over helping her (& they’re probably more help than I could be since they don’t have kids or the kids are in college).

@cdepperschmidt Sorry about the car. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is totally horomonal, but-

I have standing plans once a month with one of my friends, who for the last year has canceled probably 3/4 times for various, perfectly reasonable reasons.  However, we confirmed a few weeks ago that we were on for that night.

Come to find out, he made other plans for that evening.  Dude- I literally only get to do this activity for another three months.  Why the fuck would I have canceled it???
  • That's super frustrating @cdepperschmidt.

• @cdepperschmidt that's crazy!? How did they not find anything and then it break down right after... that doesn't make sense..

@purplegoldfish2 oh well that makes sense. Hopefully your sister doesn't pull the usual move, fingers crossed for you.

@knottieamusements that's annoying!! Totally reason to be irritated 
  • @knottieamusements ah bummer! I'd be super disappointed too!
    @cdepperschmidt :s car troubles always make me stabby...
    @sarahzett good grief! Glad you stood up to that lady! Who does that?!?
    @jynjer91 Aw hope you got to have birthday fun sometime! Happy birthday!

Finally got a chance to type today... I read stuff, but didn't get a chance to comment. 
    Not necessarily stabby but super unfortunate.. DD-6 came up from Sunday school this morning and once I saw her, I knew we were in trouble. Her color was off and she quick covered her mouth and I grabbed her and we ran for the bathroom! She barfed a lil on the way so someone actually cleaned that up for me (sooo thankful!) and I got her cleaned up. DH saw what happened and met us at the entry and we went home. Poor lil girl was so sad and cried on the way home! We were supposed to go to folks-in-law for dinner for our nephews birthday but she begged to stay home, so her and I stayed home and DH brought us dinner. The whole  rest of the day she ran and played and her color was all better and she never complained of her tummy hurting again... So it was either really fast acting or something just didn't set well with her. Who knows!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur -  That sucks.  I’m glad she is feeling better though.