August 2018 Moms
Options

Weight gain

what was wveryones starting weight and how much hsvr you gained so far? How far along are you?
I am trying to not gain 50lbs like i did with my first! I thought i was doing pretty well. Two weeks ago @ 32weeks, i was up a total of 24lbs. (Starting weight: 151, weight 2 weeks ago @ 32 weeks was 175. Last week i was still at 175. Yesterday I weighed myself and I was ar 177! And this morning @ 181! How is that possible?? :( Can anyone else relate??? 

Re: Weight gain

• Options
    Lurker-
    So much nope to this. Everyone gains differently for a huge array of reasons. Don't compare 1) isn't healthy to do this and 2) has no bearing on your weight gain. 

Is your dr concerned? if not just trust that you are doing okay. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Hi there. @lindsayleigh1989 said it perfectly - it's just not healthy to compare your stats to those of others. I have no idea where I'm at weight wise, I look away when they weigh me at my appointments. I figure if the doctor is concerned she'll let me know. So far nothing. As far as your varying weight from day to day, there could be a million reasons. Water retention, time of day, activity level, constipation, yada yada yada. Try not to stress unless you're given a reason to stress. Is baby healthy and happy? That's what matters.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    xinranxinran member
    They only weigh us right at the start in the UK. They don't track it at all. It's such a personal thing and there are so many factors in play.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    although i agree with the other ladies regarding not worrying about weight..... i havent been able to follow my own advice lol... i weigh myself daily and i do see large fluctuations  sometimes... like @mrsbubbles-2 said, it can be due to water retention, constipation etc 

I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and i have gained 18 lbs so far
    starting at 166 and currently 184 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Weight gain of 3 lbs in one day is very unlikely to be true weight. Likely water retention, constipation, etc. to gain 3 lbs in one day you would have had to consume over 10,000 calories than you burned. That’s a lot. 

Like the other ladies said this is so individual that I would not compare. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned. 

In in the meantime, consider focusing on hydration. If you are dehydrated you will retain more water. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    *lurker* 
    I gained almost 50 with my first and was hoping i can gain less this time. Big nope. It’s just how i grow babies i guess. Baby is healthy and I am healthy that’s what matters the most. My doctors haven’t said anything and don’t seem concentrated if I bring it up. Everyone carries differently so comparing will not help anyone or yourself as we all deal with other personal health factors. I can tell you that when i weighed myself yesterday i was 4 lbs lighter than at my appointment this afternoon. All that water, food, poop and swelling play a part too. 
  • Options
    Same as @wildtot I gained 50 with my first, swore I wouldn’t again, but I’m on track to do just that. I lost it once, I can lose it again. That may just be what our bodies do. There is only so much you can control.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    nugs41nugs41 member
    Also agree that it’s unhealthy to compare yourself to others, since all of our bodies are so different. I have a petite frame and am up somewhere around 25lbs at 31 wks, which makes me look gigantic haha, but I feel good. I’ve noticed that just like prepregnancy weight gain, it has fluctuated based on what I’ve eaten and how active I’ve been. As long as you feel good, baby is growing and dr has no concerns, I wouldn’t either 
  • Options
    I would say that every woman and every pregnancy is different, and that it's not something you can really compare or control a lot of the time. :)

That said, personally I'm still down 4lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, I lost 14lbs in the first trimester alone due to a strict diet and insulin regimen. The last two prenatal visits I've not gained any weight from the previous month and am holding pretty steady overall. My doctor isn't concerned as the baby is growing right on track and doing well. I started overweight on a shorter frame, so I'm not going to complain. heh