January 2019 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What has you thinking "WTF?" today? 

Re: WTF Wednesday

• My dog has seizures (mostly controlled by meds but not always) and woke me up at 4a to tend to that and chase her around for an hour while she's in her "fugue state". Then I went back to sleep for an hour (that was dumb). SO TIRED TODAY. 
    Also my husband wanted to stay up really late to discuss the horror of the children being kept at borders. Which is horrible, don't get me wrong... but I'm an action person, and he had no good solutions, so why are we talking about this at 12:30a...

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Loading the player...
  • @wkuandrea - my husband does this with end of the world stuff.  It's always when i'm trying to unwind right before bed.  I'm sorry but I already freak out at the idea of dying I don't want to freak out about the end of the world and earth quakes. 

The boarder situation is seriously sickening though.  Seriously those poor kids.  My heart can't even handle how awful it is. 
  • @ladystout08 and @galactickates I totally agree -- we're donating, researching organizations, talking to legislators (though we're in KY), trying to find additional ways to have impact. BUT MUST WE DO IT RIGHT AS I AM TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP??

I am the "doomsday prepper" (lite) in our house, ha. I just have a plan. There's only so much control you can have over those situations! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @wkuandrea MH does that stuff too (re: late night convos). In fact, most of our big fights happen at bed time and I get super mean and cry more because I'm tired and can't think. Drives me batty. He's a night owl and I'm completely not.

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • DH has lost a book that he needs to read for his grad school class. He’s looked all over the house/car/his office for it. He’s accused me and my pregnancy brain of misplacing it. Wtf, no, I didn’t touch his book. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Add me to the list of people absolutely horrified by what's happening at the border. I'll be donating to the ACLU today. It makes me sick, and I just picture how devastated I would be if my son were taken from me. It's so tragic and unnecessary.

My WTF: DH and I got in a big fight this morning and fought all the way to our doctor's appointment because my family crosses boundaries when it comes to our time. They schedule things and expect us to be there, and he gets really mad at not being consulted. I totally get where he's coming from, but the big drag out fight over something that isn't my fault was not how I wanted to start the day. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Add me to the list of people WTFing the current state of things at our border. It’s a line in the sand for me as far as respecting people goes. Family included. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know it’s not technically the baby but somehow, despite weighing the same, I now look pregnant when I did not a month ago. A coworker/friend who knows even commented on it  :( I guess my belly is just ready to be huge again. 

But also i had chikfila breakfast this morning so possibly linked. 
  • WTF pregnant self! That box of Lucky Charms was supposed to last the week, not two days. Quit being so hungry ALL OF THE TIME! 
  • I agree with everyone WTFing the situation with splitting up immigrant families. A particularly big WTF to Ann Coulter,  who claimed in an interview that the videos of crying children were all just trained child crisis actors. What a freaking loon.

• Also, WTF to my sudden inability to spell/ type today.  I keep transposing letters or dropping entire syllables. I've had particular trouble typing the words "eligibility" and "institution."  Thank goodness for spell check! 

• @ladystout08 donated to RAICES. There’s also a Target registry that goes directly to the kids - they need a lot of diapers and other essentials.
  • My WTF is potty training. Whenever I feel like we’re making progress, DS has another accident. He was doing so well today and then he poops his pants. Fortunately, it was in a pullup that I left on him from a quick trip to Target so I just threw it out. It probably created a false sense of security which is why we don’t use them often. It’s only been 7 days but I would like to get him out of the house more often. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF to my OB practice. It's turning out to be pretty difficult to schedule appointments. I got an order for my dating ultrasound and it took almost 15 min to find an appt in the next week that I didn't have to drive an hour to get to. The office closest to me didn't have anything available for WEEKS!! I almost want to schedule my NT and A/S now so I can get an appt I don't have to bend over backwards to get to.. I work part time! Wednesdays DD goes to daycare and I don't work, so I'm available basically any time on Weds.. why is this so difficult?!? I was so spoiled by my OB practice in Boston. I miss her (and the practice) so much! I'm pretty unimpressed with UPMC so far.

• @sfgiantsgamerbabe Hang in there with PT!  We just trained DD and it was a process...it took her over a week to be accident-free and then last weekend she had accidents again. For awhile I thought we would never leave the house.  It's been about 3 weeks now and I feel confident leaving the house with her for long periods of time.  She still poops in her diaper at nap, so working on that but it gets easier! 
  • WTF to the person that cooked fish in the small break room microwave. Why do people find this acceptable? 

Pretty sure it was my manager too, which I complained about on another thread.
  • WTF Tricare... website not working... People on the phone can't answer my questions because their system has been down all day. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Augusta108Augusta108 member
    edited June 2018
    Ugh, @molosmiles, that happened to me last week! Made me wish I was already public about the pregnancy so I could dramatically gag and make it plain how very not okay microwaving fish in the break room is...
  • Went for my ultrasound and blood work today. The ultra sound went dandy (for me, Haha, less so for the tech), but the blood work... Turns out the midwife's office only gave me half the paperwork I needed to have for the blood work, and somehow the lab was closing at noon (on a Wednesday???), so I called the midwife's office and told them what I was missing. They said they'd send it right over via fax (awesome!), but ten minutes later, they'd sent the exact same form that I already had! By that time it was a quarter to twelve, so I called them back and was a teensy bit stern cus I was getting stressed, and at five to twelve, they sent the correct paperwork.
    I know I'm super lucky that they sent it at all and so quickly, but how many of these forms do they do in a day? How did they get it wrong TWICE?
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited June 2018
    Microwaving fish at work made me want to vom even when I wasn't pregnant
  • @molosmiles People KNOW. There is just no way that they're oblivious to that these days - I refuse to believe it. They're just really inconsiderate!

@Mandamay1414 That's incredibly annoying! Sorry to hear you had so much trouble.

@saltedcaramel518 Hahaha Rude! Wow, talk about trying to take advantage and point fingers. If you find his book, wherever he left it, bop him with it before handing it over.
  • We have an owlet for my son and the alarm went off last night in the middle of the night for the first time ever. It was so scary! Poor thing was scared by it and screaming.  So glad he’s ok but worried about what made it go off! The notification said that his oxygen level had dipped below 80% which is also scary if true. 
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited June 2018
    LCRbelle said:
    We have an owlet for my son and the alarm went off last night in the middle of the night for the first time ever. It was so scary! Poor thing was scared by it and screaming.  So glad he’s ok but worried about what made it go off! The notification said that his oxygen level had dipped below 80% which is also scary if true. 
    I was just looking at owlets. They are so much $$$ but I feel like your story makes it worth every penny.  

ETA- i'm glad your son is ok!!
  • @galactickates thank you! 
    It is seriously worth EVERY penny! I do not regeret spending the money.  It’s so nice if I start to worry about him I can open up the app and see his heartbeat and oxygen levels! He’s one so probably will be growing out of it soon but I’ll make him wear it as long as he will. It has a lullaby that goes off if it slips or something which has gone off randomly before but never the alarm! 
  • I'm pretty unimpressed with UPMC so far.
    Kind of funny because I work for them. Are you in western or central PA? 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Our internet has been out for 4 hours now. We call Comcast and they can't get it working so the soonest a tech can come out is Friday @1pm. SERIOUSLY?!? 
  • kns1988 said:
    I'm pretty unimpressed with UPMC so far.
    Kind of funny because I work for them. Are you in western or central PA? 
    Umm I'm in central PA. Glad I'm being seen at Hershey. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • This sample box showed up today out of the blue. I did NOT sign up for anything so I’m kinda mad about it. I don’t want to start getting a bunch of junk mailed to me. I’m not saying the formula is junk, just that I don’t want this to be the first of a million things to start randomly appearing at my address.... 
  • @featherchicki it’s super common after you have prenatal appointments with your doc or you have a claim with your insurance. I don’t know what they do with the info but they do something with it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I know it’s not technically the baby but somehow, despite weighing the same, I now look pregnant when I did not a month ago. A coworker/friend who knows even commented on it  :( I guess my belly is just ready to be huge again. 

But also i had chikfila breakfast this morning so possibly linked. 
    Even when you’re much further along, much of the bump is not baby. It’s also thickened walls of your growing uterus, a large amount of amniotic fluid, and everything else your uterus is pushing up and out of the way. So your bump is a pregnancy bump, even now. Your uterus is expanding and pushing other things up and out on it’s way further up and out.

(This part is not directed at you) I don’t get why so many on this board are so quick to say “That’s not a baby bump; that’s just bloat!” Okay, so define bloat; because what I have is not just gas or a big lunch. It is related to growing a baby, so it is a baby bump (even at 9 weeks) and it is not gross! I think that jumping on the shame board when someone in their first trimester is showing and telling them it’s “just a bloated belly” is not only rude, but also not true.
  • @featherchicki I got 2 of those boxes! 1 was addressed to my H which is weird because he isn't on my insurance.  But whatever. I'll squirrel away formula just in case
  • @featherchicki I have never received anything but formula when pregnant. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting a bunch of stuff sent in the mail. Hoard that formula! It might become a life saver!!
  • @sparkymcgeee @galactickates @molosmiles Thank you!! I am just remembering things like wedding registries and moving. It’s like as soon as you put it out there that you’re getting married or moving, all of a sudden you start getting a ton of junk mail. I feel it’s such a waste of paper. Americans are so wasteful as is (and I’ve definitely been guilty of being wasteful myself)... so I didn’t know if this was just the first of a whole slew of stuff to begin arriving. We’ll store it up for now. 
  • @libertymomrn oh definitely agree I would not look like this if I wasn’t pregnant. It’s not “Baby” but it’s my “I remember how to do this” uterus and weak ass stomach muscles just giving way. I’m just whining that I don’t just look fat, I look PREGNANT and I haven’t told my boss yet  :#
  • @kns1988 I'm in Pittsburgh.. and I also work for them, lol
  • It's not Wednesday anymore, but I just have to get this out there. I had a (male) colleague lecture me today about how I need to get more exercise, and that the only way I'll have a healthy pregnancy and delivery is if I exercise a lot. I'm a fit, thin (minus baby bulge) woman, so it's not at all like he had any idea what he was talking about.
    Meanwhile, I was sitting there chewing on popcorn because the smallest movements make me dizzy and want to toss my cookies. The unsolicited, deeply unwanted "advice" begins.
  • @leighbrek I’m on business travel this week and at our group dinner last night, a male coworker passed the giant lob of butter to me for my piece of bread. Mind you, I already had a butter dish. He saw me take a piece of bread and said, “oh, here ya go!”
    Me: “Oh thanks but I’ve already got butter over here.”
    Him: “Oh, I guess I just figure you’re too skinny and needed some!” 
    Mind you I’m a size 8/10 so I’m average-size, I guess? No one at the dinner knew I was pregnant. It was just a strange comment. Your story reminded me of that. Sometimes people just don’t think before they speak!