October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (6/20)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 24 weeks to 25 weeks on Wednesday 6/20, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (6/20)

• tropical1982tropical1982 member
    edited June 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 21 weeks,

2. How are you feeling? Doing great during the day. Hungry always - trying to keep that under control. During the night I'm starting to recall how hard this gets every week to just get a decent sleep. By the end of this I'll need a rope above my bed just to grab onto and flip over. @knottieamusements lol

3. Any appointments this week? Anatomy scan follow up today! I'm thinking of taking my 5 year old with us so he can see his baby brother.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Did real good camping this weekend. DH even had mercy on me and let me take a nap while he took the kids to the playground! I'll take all the naps I can get in.

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery? Definitely the occasional alcoholic drink. I don't drink often but social occasion where you just feel left out. August and my whole team is counting on me being DD. Well played. Worth it though to grow a human life!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottieamusements maniacal laughter should always be a thing :) excited for this weekend for you! Hopefully being back in your own bed will help with the sleep, too

@tropical1982 glad camping went well! Good luck with the AS follow up today :) 
  • sammierose464sammierose464 member
    edited June 2018

/Waving my freak flag/  I basically decided that most of the ways I play are too risky during pregnancy for various reasons.  I’m really looking forward to beong able to suspend myself with rope and zap my partners with what is basically a electric fly swatter while laughing maniacally.  (The suspension and zapping typically aren’t simultaneous, but maniacal laughter is generally involved in all the things.)

I'm definitely looking forward to getting back into some rope play. I haven't let DH do any restraint while pregnant.

@tropical1982 did you guys tent camp or use a camper? we leave a week from Saturday to camp and I'm not really looking forward to an air mattress and tent....
  • How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

25! According to TB- a cauliflower, but I have a 6lb cauliflower in the fridge right now so god I hope not. 

2. How are you feeling?

I’ve been getting stretchy belly pains this week. Also heartburn a few times. 

I have to do the glucose test in the next week. 

I feel huge and having some body image issues im trying to keep under control. All my friends at this bachelorette are teeny and wearing cute little things everywhere and I’m just trying to love myself and not compare.

Working out harder, getting back into hard hiking over mountain ranges, drinking a beer/wine in public without feeling judged, feeling like my body is all mine again.

• @tropical1982 did you guys tent camp or use a camper? we leave a week from Saturday to camp and I'm not really looking forward to an air mattress and tent....
    We used a camper.  It's a hybrid so our beds are in bunk ends, those are not very comfy to sleep on and they have the vinyl exterior.  We had a bit of rain when we camped so I loved it.  In Texas heat, I did appreciate the A/C during the middle of the day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thankfully in the UP the weather is still decent. I'm considering looking for a tent fan.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

23 weeks, a Barbie doll or a bunch of grapes!

2. How are you feeling?

Starting to feel big and stretched. I gained nothing for a few weeks and then 5 lbs in a week. No wonder I’ve been soo hungry! I’ve been wearing mostly regular clothes but even things that fit last week look more awkward this week. Good thing I have been picking up maternity stuff as I see it on sale.

Had a check up yesterday. Baby growing on track and I am healthy. I got my lab slip for the glucose test and a couple other things to do before my next appointment. Since everything is going well, they also booked all my upcoming check ups through 36 weeks. Crazy!

Nothing major this week. Just plugging away at my registry and looking at day cares. 

Beer, wine, underdone steak and sushi! All of the food and drinks!!

• @knottieamusements Yay for the bathroom remodel being almost done!!!

@halfanewt My OB didn’t even use the tape measure, just felt my belly with her hands and said I was “a good size”. 

@rc-cola I feel ya on the size thing. I have a bunch of showers and bachelorette parties to go to this summer. I’m coping by looking for cute maternity dresses but it is hard to be around all these cute thin girls and not feel huge.

25 weeks, size of an acorn squash

2. How are you feeling?

Good, big, tired, out of breath. 

Yesterday I had a check in, first with an actual doctor and he was amazing! Gave me a run down on the next couple of months and monitoring they want to do since I'm having "double trouble" which made me feel better. Basically because twins are my first pregnancy they want to monitor me at a hands off approach and see how my body handles it. 

Next appointment is a growth check scan and the 1 hour glucose test.

None at the moment

Drinking occasionally, I think that's really it though. 

• Lurking just to ask @knottieamusements wtf she was doing awake at 2:24am Bumping?!
  • That’s the pitsssss!
  • @jemmerjams for the win.  I don’t even have my dog to blame it on right now since he is staying with my parents until the remodel is done (plus two bonus weeks because I’m not going to go get him until I head their way for my vacation the week of 4th of July.)

25 weeks, cauliflower

2. How are you feeling?

Starting to feel large now. Back ache has kicked in.

Not until next week

Not right now

Sushi! And sleeping on my back

• Just got back from my appointment which included a follow up ultrasound (due to elevated AFP).  Now the baby is breech and I have low lying placenta.  Now I'm on pelvic rest for the next 7 weeks until the next ultrasound.  Well this is different, than my previous pregnancies.
  • Hopefully things move around in there!
  • @tropical1982  My OB says that these little ones move around a lot up until 36 weeks. They don’t worry about which way baby is lying until that point.