Baby Names

Help with baby boy name

Hi all, I'm really struggling with this one. We just found out we're having a second boy and I'm a little worried about choosing a name. Our first son's name is Abraham James, and we want to make sure we choose a name that can stand alongside this name. We'd like to go with something classic and biblical but don't like going with something popular (which is how we chose Abe!). I keep coming back to Peter, but for some reason I'm hesitant about it. I'm also having a hard time choosing a potential middle name if we went with Peter. Our last name is Craig which I feel like makes it a bit more difficult.

Any suggestions on names... or middle names for Peter? 

Thanks everyone!!

Re: Help with baby boy name

• I love Peter! I think it's great as a FN, but works well as a middle name. Here are a few strong, less popular, biblical names I like.

Solomon
    Josiah
    Gideon
    Urijah
    Felix
    Boaz
    Ezekiel 
    Titus
  • Silas
    Ezekiel (nn Zeke)
    Judah
    Josiah
    Titus (nn Ty)
    Thomas
    David
    Adam

• Loading the player...
  • scraig6812scraig6812 member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the input ladies!! I really appreciate it. I sort of like the sound of Peter Solomon...
    I will do some thinking on the rest!

• Peter Solomon is a solid choice! 

Peter Benjamin
    Peter Christian?
    Peter Elijah

Love Judah and Titus from above...

Levi
    Micah
    Jesse
    Shepherd
    Ransom
    (Those last 2 are not 'Biblical names' per se, but definitely lend themselves to a Biblical worldview/chance to explain why you chose them. :) )

• Thanks for your input, I love hearing all your guys thoughts! We like Michael and Daniel as well but worry about the Daniel Craig associations. And just not sure if Peter Michael can stand up to sounding as strong as Abraham James. 
  • bawagsbawags member
    I think Solomon would be a great choice for a first name!

Suggestions
    Simon
    Judah
    Jericho
    Thomas
    Boaz
    Josiah

I don't really love the name Peter, but here are some mn suggestions
    Peter Thomas
    Peter David
    Peter Lawrence
    Peter Joshua
    Peter Benjamin 

• Adding a few more:
    Timothy
    Asher
    Samuel
    Isaiah
    Micah

I think Peter is a fine choice! If you're just not sold on it as a first name, it would be great in the mn spot for a lot of these. Micah Peter, Samuel Peter, Isaiah Peter...

• Thanks again for the input everyone. I guess nothing has really struck me yet, the way it did when we chose the name for our first. So far Peter Solomon is definitely sticking out the most.. as well as possibly Peter Charles (my husband's name). Someone on another thread mentioned Abe and Pete not sounding great together... thoughts on that? I guess that doesn't bother me *that* much since they will take their names individually throughout their lives.
  • You expressed one of the ideas in a favorite naming article of mine! I MIGHT never even get to name another baby, and I still find the ideas in here so refreshing and liberating. 

https://blog.latchedmama.com/2018/02/05/baby-names-never-used/
  • @nerdtoyourmother
     Thanks, I really needed that! Really good points.