TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Week of 6/18/18

1. Introduce yourself (if new):
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back?

Re: TTCAL Week of 6/18/18

• Options
    2. Got peak on OPK yesterday so moving over to TWW tomorrow (last TWW before IVF so I’m nervous this month!)
    3. We are at the beach with my whole side of the family so this is an excellent week!
    4. I love leg warmers and overalls, obviously not at the same time lol.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): I did an intro post  :) 
    2. Status? Benched, D&C tomorrow 
    3. R/R: Rant: Nervous about D&C. Rave: We are going camping next weekend and I can't wait! 
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Hmmm... I feel like all the fads I like are back already. Scrunchies, winged eyeliner, high waisted jeans are some of my favorites. 

@char245 So jealous you are at the beach right now. Soak it up for me!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@char245 I laughed at the image of overalls and leg warmers together :)  This is my last WTO before IVF start too!  Last chance for H and I to get this done ourselves before the protocol starts...no pressure at all :s

2. Status? CD 12, waiting for a +OPK
    3. R/R: nervous about my "learning appointment" at the fertility clinic today.  I have so many questions.  We'll get the patches today and start them once I get a +.
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Oh man, not many of them!  I'd like to see boots without super pointy toes again.  Basically, I'd be happy if jeans, a t-shirt, and flip flops became the trend.

• Options
    2. Status? Waiting to see if AF shows up around end of month 
    3. R/R: Had a hard time with writing letters to our 5 babies in Heaven for therapy homework this week
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Not sure. Will have to think on this one.
  • Options
    2. Status? TWW
    3. R/R: AF should theoretically show this week if it didn't happen this month, so it's both a rant and a rave. I'll be benched if it doesn't happen this month, and I honestly think I'd be OK either way. I don't want to be benched, but I'm really nervous about being pregnant again and having something else happen. 
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? ooh, @b@bakerstreetboys, non-pointy boots is a good one! I'd like baseball caps to be back in style. Also I want boot cut jeans to be a thing again. The whole skinny jeans/jeggings thing is a crock. If you have a booty or thicker thighs it doesn't seem like the best look for you. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @eleven_  good luck tomorrow. It's great that you have a camping trip to look forward to!
    @catlady2015 I don’t care if boot cut jeans are out, I still like them and wear them!
  • Options
    Status? WTO (today maybe....)

3. R/R: Avoiding a statement I cant seem to make balance. I'm really annoyed by it and have been putting it off for about a week.

4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I mean, scrunchies are back so I'm happy lol
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys - me too! they're just harder to find now. I obsessively stalk jean displays to find them and then buy a ton. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options

2. Status? WTO CD 6 
    3. R/R: I hate these stupid ads on TB.   They’ve been around for a while but seem to have gotten worse in the last month. 
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I love 80s music but there is not much trend or fad wise I would bring back.  I was appalled at the “Mom jeans” that are now is stores from the 80s.  Wouldn’t wear them.  

@char245 enjoy the beach! We are going to the beach next Friday and I can’t wait.  

@eleven_ good luck with d & c.  

@bakerstreetboys good luck with “last chance” and learning fertility protocol     I love pointy boots lol I used to live in high heels but can’t wear them now with my bad hip

@drewsdarlin that would be very difficult I would struggle writing those letters too but it just might be great therapy.  I hope it’s helpful and healing 

@catlady2015 bootcut jeans went out? What? Lol.  I still wear mine. You are right anyone with hips, booty and thighs needs them.   We don’t look good in skinny jeans 
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. Status? WTO CD 2
    3. R/R: rave: were headed to the smokey mountains this weekend!
    Rave: weird rave, I know. But I actually have cramps this cycle which is the first time since January, when my cycle was actually fairly normal. So here's to hoping!
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Nothing in particular.
  • Options
    Mack2342 said:

2. Status? WTO CD 6 
    3. R/R: I hate these stupid ads on TB.   They’ve been around for a while but seem to have gotten worse in the last month. 
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I love 80s music but there is not much trend or fad wise I would bring back.  I was appalled at the “Mom jeans” that are now is stores from the 80s.  Wouldn’t wear them.  

@char245 enjoy the beach! We are going to the beach next Friday and I can’t wait.  

@eleven_ good luck with d & c.  

@bakerstreetboys good luck with “last chance” and learning fertility protocol     I love pointy boots lol I used to live in high heels but can’t wear them now with my bad hip

@drewsdarlin that would be very difficult I would struggle writing those letters too but it just might be great therapy.  I hope it’s helpful and healing 

@catlady2015 bootcut jeans went out? What? Lol.  I still wear mine. You are right anyone with hips, booty and thighs needs them.   We don’t look good in skinny jeans 
    Thank you. It was hard writing it earlier. 
  • Options
    @eleven_ I hope tomorrow goes well for you and I LOVE high waisted jeans as well!!
    @bakerstreetboys let this be our month!!!!
    @drewsdarlin I’m sorry that does sound like a hard assignment. I hope that it helped in the end. 
    @catlady2015 boot cut jeans are a good one!
    @prpl11butterfly hoping today is your day! And that this is your month too!
    @Mack2342 yes, what is with these ads?!? Some of them I really don’t care to see! I get that this is the bump but not everyone on here is pregnant!! Rant over... 
    @Kath525  yay for cramps!! Lol, it’s the little things :)

• Options
    1. Not new. Still here
    2. CD7 but benching myself this month as I've got a huge event next month that I miscarried the day after last year. I can't handle that again.
    3. @Mack2342 I'm with you on these ads. I sent them a message ages ago asking if they could at least not have ads meant for new mothers on the TTCAL board but they said they couldn't control it. Ugh. 
    Rave I just accompanied a good friend while she presented to council to declare October 15th Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day in our town, to be accompanied by a wave of light where we will light up a local landmark. My friend lost her baby at 35 weeks and has been incredibly supportive through my struggles. Im so darn proud of her for braving her soul and speaking for so many women that can't. 
    4. Neon. I never wear it but I wish I could 

• Options

@eleven_ thinking of you! Hope everything goes well tomorrow. 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited June 2018
    1. Did an intro yesterday
    2. Benched for the moment
    3. Going to my favorite city - SLC next week!
    4. Boy bands!!

@eleven_ good luck tomorrow!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    2. CD 2, going to start femara tomorrow! Excited because that's what got us pregnant, but nervous because it made me a bit nauseous and dizzy last time. But hey, I'm willing to do practically anything...

3. I'm going to see Jurassic world Thursday night! These movies have been my thing since they first came out, I'm so obsessed and have been looking forward to seeing this one since last year! 

4. Eh. I don't really care too much for trends. It usually takes me a couple years to catch onto things. I just do what I want :smiley:  
  • Options

@olivemomma Lol at boybands!  I still sing at the top of my lungs when NSYNC or BSB come on the radio for Throwback Thursday!  The big once when I was a kid was NKOTB :)  Have fun in SLC!

@eleven_ Thinking of you today and wishing you a speedy recovery.

@sagems10 Good luck with the femera!  The pharmacist was giving me a long list of not fun sounding side effects for all my meds yesterday.  If it works, it's worth it!  Enjoy the movie :)

• Options
    Not new, but recently returned.  4 losses, 2 MMC and 2 CPs.  Most recent was discovered at 14 weeks. 

2. Status?
    Recovering from D&C, benched. 

3. R/R:  
    Just heartbroken, mad and defeated right now.  I am desperate for answers.  It's not normal to have 4 losses in 7 months.  The D&C was yesterday.  All the staff at the hospital were really kind and sensitive, which made the experience a little more bearable.  The nurse offered to have her remains sent to a funeral home after testing is done, and they’ll do cremation for free.  I’m grateful for that small gesture in the midst of all this heartache. 

4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back?
    I vote low-rise jeans.  I hate having pants over my belly button and I have a really short torso and big boobs so low pants make it at least appear like it's some what normal length.  High waist pants make my upper body look like I'm just a boob with arms.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @olivemomma slc is my hometown! I love it in the summer! Although it hailed on Monday, don't know whay that was about lol

@bakerstreetboys thank you! I tend to be pretty sensitive to meds, everything makes me nauseous. But yeah, so worth it! 

@coco2787 I'm glad the procedure went well and that the staff showed you such kindness.  I'm sure it will be nice to have her back after the testing. Do you have a name for her? 
  • Options
    The ads are terrible...
    @coco2787 what a nice nurse to reach out and offer you that. That's a beautiful story in the midst of a terrible situation. Please keep us updated on what the testing says. Thinking of you.
    @sagems10 FX meds do their jobs and we're both off this board soon!
    @drewsdarlin what an emotional assignment! You're a tough cookie.
    @eleven_ i hope your appointment goes as smoothly as possible. Thinking of you.
    @bakerstreetboys How did your appointment go?
  • Options
    Thank you. I cried while writing the letter so wouldn't say I am a tough cookie. 
  • Options
    @drewsdarlin I'd have been a complete mess!
  • Options
    Kath525 said:
    @drewsdarlin I'd have been a complete mess!
    I was. it was hard writing a letter to our 5 babies we lost. 
  • Options

The ads are definitely getting worse.

@kath525 Thanks, it went well :)  Kind of overwhelming, but I'm excited to have a plan.

• Options
    im back john wick GIF
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): in case we have new people... I'm Jennifer and I've had 4 MC with no successful PGs. I've taken a small bump hiatus and going to try coming back for a bit anyway. I also style myself #BitterHagPartyOf1

2. Status? CD 26. I think I'm like 5 dpo or something. Not tracking right now, so AF will be a semi-surprise. :)

3. R/R: Oh the work drama that I'm dealing with... and DH said we shouldn't try this cycle because I'm looking at moving jobs, which may not even be feasible now, and so another benched cycle for apparently no reason. DH is in the shyte-house over this one.

4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Um, awesome pensions for people who work 30 years in the same place. 

drewsdarlin Oh, that sounds like a super rough therapy assignment!!!  

catlady2015  YES!!!! I hate that it's super difficult to find bootcut jeans now. Urgh.

Mack2342 The freaking videos playing in the middle of the screen seem newish/more obnoxious than before. Like I don't see enough PG people in my regular life, I really just wanna see them on my dead baby forums too. Thanks a lot TB.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options

@dpjennifer Nice to hear from you :)  Shitty that you're benched for the cycle though.

For all those looking for boot cut jeans; I buy mine online at Old Navy!

• Options
    @dpjennifer nice to see you back. I hope your hiatus was a peaceful one.

The ads have been aweful. I don't know why they needed to do it. 
  • Options
    @dpjennifer glad to see you back.  I hope you enjoyed the break.  Sucks that you will have a benched cycle for no reason. 
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I hope you had a nice break from all of this but I’m glad to see you’re joining us again! 
  • Options
    @dpjennifer Welcome back! I hope your break was healthy and good :smile:

@coco2787 I’m so sorry you’re here. I found out I lost my baby at the NT scan too- it was so hard because you just start to feel like you’re ‘safe’. All I can do is give internet hugs and hope that your heartache eases with time.

1. Introduce yourself (if new): Not new- 2 losses in the past two years, one at 13wk, one at 5wk. No living children. Recently had a uterine septum removed and am coming off the bench in a few days. Sorry I’ve been pretty absent from the bump, I’ve been trying to chill out about ttc these two months.
    2. Status? Benched, wfaf in the next few days hopefully. Starting FSH/IUI next month- a whole new chapter of pumping myself with hormones.
    3. R/R: I’m feeling pretty intimidated getting back into all this- I’m trying not to get my expectations up for this cycle after my operation, but it’s hard not to when I stare at my new drug pens in the fridge. It’s a weird feeling and I’m not done sorting through it.
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I’d like it if fitted shirts came back- everything is still so boxy! I want a shirt with structure and a waistline.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): I’m new. I’ve been on the bump for a while, but have never posted. I’ve been TTC since 1/17. 4 losses- 2 MMC (one at 8 weeks, most recent at 11 weeks) and 2 CP
    2. Status? TTW. Since the last MC this March we’ve been on a break from TTC. It’s been nice not concentrating on that. I’ve recently had a diagnostic hysteroscopy that found a uterine fibroid growing into the cavity. My OB says it’s likely the cause of at least 50% of our losses. Having some sort of an answer was unexpected but very welcomed. I have surgery schedule for 6/29. BUT... DH and I were not cautious at all last week, so I guess there’s a chance we get a BFP this month. Not sure how to feel about that- I would love to be pregnant again, but not with that chance of the fibroid causing a problem. We’ll see I guess.  
    3. R/R: my rant right now is feeling like everyone is super inconsiderate even close friends, when you expect them to know how to act and what to say. I guess no one understands unless they’ve been through it.  
    4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Honestly all the fads I loved are back in right now- overalls, platforms, ripped jeans, crop tops:)
  • Options
    @dpjennifer welcome back, we've missed you

• Options

@knottie32ba2fd2cbf2203f Sorry for your losses.  It's hard to talk to people who haven't suffered a loss, but one thing I have found is that more people that I had expected have been there.  I hope you find someone IRL to talk to, but everyone on this board gets it :)  Good luck with your surgery on the 29.

You may want to change your user name so that we can recognize and tag you :)

• Options
    @sagems10, no we haven't named her. I would like to though.

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @zamora_spin do you remember how long it took to get your genetic results back after your D&C?

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @coco2787 I got a call from my RE with the results 8 days after my D&C. I think they usually get results within 10 days.
  • Options
    thanks @zamora_spin.  I've been obsessively checking my portal even though realistically I know there's no way there will be results yet.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): Not new, but took a break from posting for a while. I've had 2 losses, the first one at 22 weeks in April 2016 and the last one in November 2017.

2. Status? TWW

3. R/R: Rave: Have a fun week planned next week to celebrate DH's birthday. Rant: I worked a lot last week and I'm on call tomorrow.

4.GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Hmmm.... I loved flannel, Dr. Marten boots, and flared jeans in high school
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    The fact that there's people on the March BMB is really bumming me out right now, I feel so left behind.  My due date of my first loss is in 3 weeks and I have a feeling I'll be getting to that milestone a second time without a take home baby.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*