August 2018 Moms
Options

Membranes ruptured at 32 weeks

I haven’t really posted here much except during the 1st trimester. Not sure if I’m allowed to start a new thread.

On Friday, at 32w1d, I started trickling my waters. OB confirmed it and sent me to the hospital. I’m on bed rest and playing the waiting game day by day. They are hoping to get little man, who still doesn’t have a name, to 34 weeks. Things have been going well so far, he seems healthy and has a great heartbeat. So very worried, though Drs here say 32-34 weekers do very well these days. 

I’m apart from my daughter, who turned 5 this week, and have been having such a hard time being away from her. She came to visit today, so that helped both of us feel better. It’s so hard for me to entrust her care to others for potentially weeks, even though they are family I trust.

Feeling worried and there is sooo much sitting around. Trying to keep busy and take it one day at a time.

Re: Membranes ruptured at 32 weeks

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Really sorry to hear this! I’m sure you must be really worried but your doctor is right! And you’re in the very best place so you’re doing absolutely everything necessary to keep little baby boy safe! 
    I know it must be hard being away from your daughter!! I hope you can have her in to visit or at least FaceTime regularly! It won’t be like this forever and she won’t remember this! 
    Can you download some games to your phone, get some books, maybe knit or paint or do some of those colouring books? Get the Netflix app on your phone or iPad and binge watch some shows? 
    Sending soooo many positive vibes your way! Hang in there!!! :heart:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I do have my knitting here as well as every device you can think of. Baby’s blanket is only halfway done, I need to get a move on it. Thanks for the good vibes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It must be so hard to be away from your daughter but luckily your well past viability l. Sending good vibes your way! 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    Prognosis is pretty good even at 32 weeks when there is enough warning that the docs can prepare by giving you steroid shots, etc.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes, I’ve had 2 steroid shots and lots of antibiotics. Still gestating, but they are confident he will do really well even if he comes in the next few days.
  • Options

I had a friend that had premature rupture of membranes, around 29 weeks I think.  Her baby stayed in for a few more weeks but the hospital bedrest was tough.  Fingers crossed for you. 

The high risk pregnancy check in threads are some of the few remaining active threads, feel free to join us weekly.  We start our weekly thread on Tuesdays and post throughout the week.

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    Thank you for the thread suggestion, I may do that.
  • Options
    That’s so scary and challenging, but I’m glad you and baby boy are being taken care of. I hope they can keep you pregnant as long as possible!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    xinranxinran member
    Lots of well wishes to you hoping he stays put and happy for as long as he can. Trust the doctors faith though. Maybe write your little one some letters somebody can read to get when she's apart x
  • Options
    I’m scheduled to be induced on Thursday, at 34 weeks. Looks like I’m going to be a June mama. Not sure when I’ll be able to get back on here, so I want to say thanks for all your support.