January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change EDD 1/15-1/21 w/o 6/12

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Symptoms?

R/R/Q

GTKY: What foods are you craving right now? What's grossing you out?

Re: Weekly Ticker Change EDD 1/15-1/21 w/o 6/12

• How far along are you? : 9+1

How big is baby? : Blackberry!

Symptoms? : Just as I was starting to think I was going to mostly escape terrible morning sickness, my nausea has really ramped up! Yesterday I couldn’t even keep water down for most of the morning. Also getting bad headaches that Tylenol does absolutely nothing for.

R/R/Q : Even if I’m feeling worse physically, I’m doing a lot better emotionally and am finally relaxing a bit and letting go of some of the constant worry about whether things will go well. This has been both nice and a bit overwhelming as I realize the amount of practical details I then have to think about before this baby gets here!

GTKY: What foods are you craving right now? What's grossing you out? : 
    I’m really sad that all fish sounds disgusting right now. Everything else varies from hour to hour, what sounds great at 5 PM makes me gag when I have it on my plate at 6! 
  • How far along are you? 9 + 2

How big is baby?  size of a cherry

Symptoms? TIRED, nausea that comes in waves, hip pain

R/R/Q since it's summer I've been letting my oldest stay up later and watch TV in her bed but she keeps waking me up around 10 or 11 for whatever reason, and then my little one keeps waking up early and yelling MOM over and over WAY too early in the morning. It's getting old. No more tv for the older one! Not sure what to do with the younger. So tired.

well apparently the word or thought of fish makes me gag. LOL. The thought of being near my kitchen grosses me out but I'm still okay eating most foods. No consistent cravings but when I want something I want it.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 8 + 5

How big is baby? Size of a raspberry

Symptoms? Sooooo tired, so bloated. Just a little nausea this week. And so sensitive to smell! Round ligament pain is getting more noticeable this week. This is the 4th time this uterus has stretched out and it's not wasting any time.  :D

R/R/Q why can't my house self clean??

craving food I don't have your cook myself, lol. Grossing me out? Chicken. Bleck. 
  • How far along are you? 8+ 6

How big is baby? kidney bean

Symptoms? mild nausea, fatigue, insomnia, major reduction in my intelligence 

R/R/Q

We have an outdoor work event in the heat and sun for 4 hours on Sunday and I kinda wish I was showing/people knew so I could get out of it. It's the fifth year in a row and I'm tired of it. 

Yesterday a.m. i went out from work to get an everything bagel with egg and sausage. I don't want to eat much but when I don't eat I feel sick. DH is worried I'm not eating enough so I just used that as an excuse and got naan and chips next door and scarfed them. 
  • How far along are you?  9 weeks 

How big is baby? size of a grape

Symptoms? Tired, crying at EVERYTHING, low back pain

R/R/Q This week at work is really slow. All I want to do is sit around and talk about being pregnant, but the only person who knows I'm KU is on holidays...

m&m's. Everything else is garbage.
  • @melly-melly, one of my coworkers brought caramel M&Ms in today because she found them on sale and hadn’t tried them before...she and everyone else in the office quickly declared them to be “way too sweet” and gave them all to me. I was so happy! Especially since the lunch I had planned to eat made me gag when I opened my lunchbox today... 

@greenhillgirl, naan also sounds super good right now! I hope the work event isn’t too awful this weekend, we have an outside wedding to attend next weekend and I’m having similar feelings about wishing people knew so it would be easier to duck out of the reception early. Being outside in the heat for hours is far from my favorite thing even when I’m not pregnant!
  • @Augusta108 oh my gosh that's the best! It's taking a lot of will power for me to not just eat candy three meals a day. 
  • @augusta108 that sounds tiring! I live over an hour away from work so am not thrilled about taking the train in on the weekend. And being out in the heat for hours without any shade isn't my favorite when I'm NOT pregnant. Do you have any strategies? Think people will notice you aren't drinking? It will be 89 on Sunday here and I'm planning on sunscreen, a hat, water, and some breaks in A/C.
  • @greenhillgirl, I get chronic migraines, so I figure I can lean on that as an excuse for both not drinking (since dehydration can trigger them) and potentially leaving early if we have to. I never expected my migraines to have a silver lining, but I guess here it is! 

I also have already heard from a few fellow guests that a lot of them are thinking about ducking out early if the temperature is over 90, so we might not stick out that much...
  • greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited June 2018
    @Augusta108 how did you do? It's good you had an excuse <3 I  dry heaved on the subway platform on the way in from morning sickness but did okay. It was 90 and I was out for 5 hours but DH made sure I didn't have to carry anything heavy and kept me fed and hydrated. When we got home I couldn't cool off, though. Today it will be a record high with the heat index so I'm glad to be at work in A/C. 
  • How far along are you? 9+2 How big is baby? a cherry Symptoms? Really sore nipples. And if I don't eat every 3 hours, then I am horribly sick. Other than that, I'm ok. I pee all night, but that's expected. R/R/Q: PGAL brain is not a joke. I am so tired of worrying constantly. GTKY: What foods are you craving right now? What's grossing you out? I like anything Salt and vinegar style. I like banana peppers, anything like that. Grossing me out? Most meat.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks exactly

How big is baby? 
    Baby is the size of a cherry

Symptoms?
    Really tired all the time. Boobs sore. Food aversions

R/R/Q
    I found hairs growing from my areola today. Not cool. 

Fruits and vegetables are still good so lots of those. But a lot of proteins are grossing me out. I have tried to eat salmon twice in the last 2 weeks but couldn't get it down either time. Which sucks because we used to eat salmon like twice a week. I weighed myself at the gym today and I have actually lost 3 pounds in the last month. I'm guessing because I don't want to eat anything. Which I would have been psyched about before I was pregnant but now I'm thinking that losing weight is not great.  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • When do we post a new check in? And is there a gtky list somewhere to follow?

There has been a lot of chatter in other groups about the format. I like the weekly format but I'm totally okay with getting rid of how big is baby question since we're are all the same! 
  • I’m fine with getting rid of the baby size questions too! And we can start a new thread any time, there’s no set list of GTKYs (so you can copy one from a different week’s check-in or be creative!) I’ve started our check in the last few weeks but I’m definitely not possessive about it, whoever gets here first each week and wants to start it can start it.